IGNORED

Have you applied anything to your windshield?

Dale124

Hi all. I ran into another RSV rider on Saturday at the shop where I bought my bike, and he was telling me that he had applied a spray on wax to his windshield, which apparently helps the rain slide quickly to the side when you get caught riding in the rain. I was going to try this, but then thought that I would hate it if I get those "swirls" that can occur, on my windshield. Has anyone here tried this, or, perhaps another product that helps with this. I was caught in the rain last weekend, and did not enjoy trying to look through the raindrops on the windshield.

Thanks

Dale

SPIKE!! Sit! Stay!! :rotf: Not this time. :no-no-no:

But +3 on the Plexus. Works great and helps with the minor swirls you see running into the sun. Been using it for 3 years on my old screen and the last two seasons on my new one.

The way the price has been going up I'll probably try the Pledge as most report the same results for a lot less money.

Sea-foam :rotf:

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:i use whatever spray wax i have on hand and also use an old detaiers trick spray the wax on wipe up and down to spread it then put baby powder on it let it dry use new micro-fiber rag to wipe off baby powder removes the moisture from the wax and leaves the surface silky smooth i use to use this on old oxidized paint it takes the oxidation out of the paint as its nothing more than moisture trapped in old wax layers

You want to use a wax that is only wax with no grit. Most waxes have a grit for paint leveling, this is where you get the swirls from. A pure wax is just that wax, johnsons wax in a can or old fashion simonize also in the can. Simonize is a hard wax and will last longer whereas Johnsons is soft. Use a new micro fiber cloth to apply, take off, and buff out.

Pledge and seafoam. Only things the bike needs besides gas and oil. Only vertical strokes on the windshield. Never heard of the talcum powder trick. Anyone able to confirm?

Using Talcum powder is an old trick to take Swirl marks out of paint, particularly black paint. Not sure if it will work on windshield though

I've used both, non-scented pledge or a good spray wax.

Spray windshield with cleaner, "liberally to get the dust off"(will run off), then wipe off with micro fiber cloth. (4 for $2 at HF on sale)

Make sure you use a different "clean" microfiber cloth to apply pledge or wax.

The dirt/road dust can cause those dreaded swirls ...

Pledge helps if your running into a lot of bugs... Like when in florida love bug season...

They don't seem to stick as bad.