IGNORED

Me and my calculator

Peder_y2k

OK, at the RISK of being blasted again.........

""what kind of blinker fluid are folks using in their second gen's? I tried synthetic and I think they are blinkin faster. . . ""

There's nutt'n faster about the 2nd gen other than the deflation rate of the bank account :cool10:

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

Edited by Peder_y2k
bad laptop language

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish those numbers were right though. I would LOVE to stay home during the week instead of working my real job. :)

Tell you what, get use up to those numbers and I'll buy and give away a brand new RSV to a lucky member. :thumbsup2:

I'll get right on that!! Wait you said new RSV.:duck: I ain't old enough for one of those yet!!!:whistling:

Just playin' around with my calculator..... if I use the current membership number 0f 10,618 x $12 annual subscription, blah blah blah blah blah...

Not trying to make a point,....just crunching numbers.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Pete, if you take $ 12.00 and divide it by Pi...12 / 3.14159 = 3.81972186

That is the number of seconds that you have to rethink the idea of...just crunching numbers... when it comes to our membership tithing.:no-no-no:

Please leave the numbers crunching to us old-school retired mathematicians.:backinmyday:

Miles, 35 miles south of you.

Edited by Miles

To be able to make a reasonable income ($/hr) from running the site we'd need at least 3,400 members or charge the paying members $55/year ! And even then... he wouldn't be able to leave his day job !

Did you ever notice how much the "other" site charges???:stirthepot:

Did you ever notice how much the "other" site charges???:stirthepot:

:shock3: Wait! There is another site? :mytruck: c- ya!

Kidding, grass is only greener on the other side if there is more fertilizer... and we know what fertilizer is made of.. But of course our pastures here sure are green.... Like i said earlier, if you are pleased with the product you are paying for and the price you are paying, who are you to question what the person selling it to you is making.

On an unrelated note, I think it's interesting that the old do it yourself mags disappeared or became a thin notebook of ads and for me have been replaced by "done by ourselves" forums like this one and a few others I gladly subscribe to... cars, boats, home improvement. Funny thing is, this one addresses ALL those areas & then some! Even if my 83 rots in the driveway, I'll still get my money's worth here.:301:

$12 member fee gets you:

Meet & eat

Information on products and how to's (and NOT to's)

Advice from worldly (read old?) experienced people

Rides with great people

Maintenance days

Interesting conversations

And some down right funny jokes and stories

All in all I'd say:

PRICELESS

:thumbsup2::thumbsup::clap2:

$12 member fee gets you:

Meet & eat

Information on products and how to's (and NOT to's)

Advice from worldly (read old?) experienced people

Rides with great people

Maintenance days

Interesting conversations

And some down right funny jokes and stories

For us Canucks it works out to $12.50 .... since we get so much for $12 ... what can I expect for my extra 50 cents? .... :scratchchin: :whistling:

Shhhhhh ! Don't tell Freebird !

(for those curious.... the "other" site charges $20/yr !!!)

OK, so if he sees this now, he'll take Pete's original calculation and realize he can make an additional $50,893 @ $20 per .... enuf to quit his day job and buy hisself a new HARLEY!

:stickpoke: :rotfl:

the current membership number 0f 10,618 x $12 annual subscription, and use a 60% figure for supporting members (not include trial members), I come up with:

10,616x$12X60%= $76,499.60 annual revenue.

Pete, if you take $ 12.00 and divide it by Pi...12 / 3.14159 = 3.81972186

That is the number of seconds that you have to rethink the idea of...just crunching numbers... when it comes to our membership tithing.:no-no-no:

Please leave the numbers crunching to us old-scholl retired mathematicians.:backinmyday:

Miles, 35 miles south of you.

Oh oh...better lock the doors Pete:stickpoke:

If it wasn't for this site, My local Yamaha dealer would have walked all over me, with cycle repairs. Like the Carbs job that was said to be done & what actually happened and was on the company's files for being done. I'm fighting for the 900+ dollars back on that one.

I was informed on what to ask, and became real smart on the repair in question. I saved thousands of dollars, by doing the work myself, so for 12 bucks. you can almost get room and board here.:mo money::draming::stickpoke::Venture::cool10::bowdown::bowdown::stirthepot::bawling::rotf:

I would just like to add that in fairness....the other site charges $20.00 per year but I think you get a patch and maybe something else. I just chose to keep the dues lower and let people buy patches and etc. should they want them. Not everybody does.

I would just like to add that in fairness....the other site charges $20.00 per year but I think you get a patch and maybe something else. I just chose to keep the dues lower and let people buy patches and etc. should they want them. Not everybody does.

Explanation not necessary IMO.

Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches!

Oh wait, maybe we do. :rotf:

This place is so much like a family. All the bickering and horseplay that goes on between members, but when attacked they all group together and defend. And Peder, glad you're not taking the backlash personally. Many here might have wondered the same too at one time or another, but when you see the benefits from this site, you (almost) want to send Don more! I know my savings well exceed the pittance I have paid. Glad I found this site.

-Andrew