IGNORED

Me and my calculator

Peder_y2k

Just playin' around with my calculator..... if I use the current membership number 0f 10,618 x $12 annual subscription, and use a 60% figure for supporting members (not include trial members), I come up with:

10,616x$12X60%= $76,499.60 annual revenue.

Not trying to make a point,....just crunching numbers.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just playin' around with my calculator..... if I use the current membership number 0f 10,618 x $12 annual subscription, and use a 60% figure for supporting members (not include trial members), I come up with:

10,616x$12X60%= $76,499.60 annual revenue.

Not trying to make a point,....just crunching numbers.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

You probably didn't want to go there, just saying.

If it is worth $12 to you then be happy wherever it goes. In my case it's worth a he11 of a lot more.

Gary

Learned a long time ago to be thankful for a gift horse and not jealous.

I'm also sure when this site was free, it cost Don plenty...:whistling:

Personally, $12 is a pittance compared to what I'd have spent on my own if not for this site. It's saved me way more than that... :mo money:

So you Go Don!

@Pete:

First: 10,000+ members is not an accurate count for current paid members. If you view the Member List, there currently are 1773 and many of those are Trial Members, ie; non paying.

Second: WHAT DO YOU CARE?

Third: Don't like the numbers? ByeBye!

Fourth: would you care to divulge your annual income for us to determine your worth?

He was just "playing" with numbers .... I don't think he was tryin to make a point ... besides, this isn't the first time someone has done this ... those of us that have been around a while just take it with a grain of salt. Least I do anyway so I guess what I'm sayin is ... don't be so hard on the poor guy ... he's still "wet behind the ears" LOL!!!

Geeez

I didn't think you guys would immediately take it the WRONG WAY. I'm thinking my subrscripton $ is very fair, and was observing the nice LACK of advertising as seen on so many other internet sites.

I got my number of 10,612 members from the mini stat's' of the home page, and not seen the 1772 figure of the members list. that makes a very big difference.

Youse guys are so sensitive y'all must be Harley riders. Not to diparage Harleys, as that's the first bike I learned on in 1956

I'm certainly not leaving the site as I've got 25years of riding and wrenching experience to share about Yamaha big bikes and others.

You're not getting rid of me that easily.........:322:

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

:mad:

Geeez

I didn't think you guys would immediately take it the WRONG WAY. I'm thinking my subrscripton $ is very fair, and was observing the nice LACK of advertising as seen on so many other internet sites.

I got my number of 10,612 members from the mini stat's' of the home page, and not seen the 1772 figure of the members list. that makes a very big difference.

Youse guys are so sensitive y'all must be Harley riders. Not to diparage Harleys, as that's the first bike I learned on in 1956

I'm certainly not leaving the site as I've got 25years of riding and wrenching experience to share about Yamaha big bikes and others.

You're not getting rid of me that easily.........:322:

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

Harley Riders !!! Now you got me Steaming

Geeez

I didn't think you guys would immediately take it the WRONG WAY.

Pete, every now and then someone new comes in here and starts criticising (not to say you were but it could be perceived that way) ... I guess we're just a proud bunch here and get quite defensive of our "home" .

Not to worry tho, we're also a very understanding and accepting bunch too and your "clarification" goes a long way.

:thumbsup2:

Do you question how many customers Wal-Mart has? No one is forced to be a member or come to this interweb site, just like we are not forced to shop at certain stores. What said store owner does with, and I'll emphasize, "ANY" profits is their business. We live in a capitalistic society, although this is in danger, and we all have inherit opportunities to better ourselves through various means. Class warfare and entitlement gets us nowhere. Just because we all cannot afford a 2nd Gen, and are forced to ride "antique" 1st genners.. Uh, better stop on that thought... like I said Poke, Poke! :stirthepot:

I wish those numbers were right though. I would LOVE to stay home during the week instead of working my real job. :)

Tell you what, get use up to those numbers and I'll buy and give away a brand new RSV to a lucky member. :thumbsup2:

The way I work is, I get paid UP FRONT so.... give me the new RSV and I'll get you those numbers.... :whistling: :cool10:

I was playing with my calculator too, did you know if you hold it upside down and type 0 7 7 3 4 it will form the word HELLO? very cool!

dang, every time I play with my calculator, my bank balance drops ... I wonder .... if I was to hold it upside down ....... :whistling:

I wish those numbers were right though. I would LOVE to stay home during the week instead of working my real job. :)

Tell you what, get use up to those numbers and I'll buy and give away a brand new RSV to a lucky member. :thumbsup2:

So now we are going to get a commission for referring paying members? :rotf:

If there was a lot of money to be made in hosting a forum I'm sure we'd all be doing it.

I've done a calculation based on what I estimate as the number of paid members, subtracted estimated costs for hosting the site, minus the cost of holding Maintenance Day, dividing what is left by how many hours Don must spend monitoring/managing/updating the site....I don't think I want to tell him how little he is making per hour for his time spent. Good thing Eileen hasn't done this calculation ! I hope Don hasn't figured this out ! To be able to make a reasonable income ($/hr) from running the site we'd need at least 3,400 members or charge the paying members $55/year ! And even then... he wouldn't be able to leave his day job !

If anyone ever accuses Freebird of making a profit from running VentureRiders.org... they are sadly mistaken. What little he does make...he deserves that and more ! I for one am thankful for the time and effort he puts into this site and providing us with everything this site gives us for our $1/month.