IGNORED

1st gen upgrade battery cable sets ..... maybe

I've seen a few posts lately with questions about what is available for battery cable upgrades. We have had some members here in the past that were able to build these sets for us but it looks like they are no longer involved with that project. If I'm wrong give me a shout. I don't want to step in on anyones sales.

But it got me to make contact with a provider I have dealt with and looking into having him make 4 ga cable sets fitted to the 1st gen Venture. I'm waiting to hear back from him and making arrangments to send him a set of cables as a template if he wants to do this.

At this point I can not give any idea of the cost until he agrees and receives the set being sent to him.

So if you're not in a huge rush to get the cables give me a few days and I'll post here with any new information as it comes along.

Hopefully this might turn into a steady, reliable and affordable source if it works out.

I'll try to keep this updated as things happen or don't. It's only in the idea stage at this point.

If you have any interest in a upgrade set post here and I can keep track of how many might be needed.

Mike

Interested Members:

Bill W.

Squidley

bendtdj

gwashorn

adventure 08

Jayceesfolly

wstuard

tommyp61

Dizzle223

Flyinfool

lwinders

tz89

frankd

timgray

johnnycruiser

Goose68

alvald83

SemiRetired

robclark63

Edited by Snaggletooth

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Years ago I used to make the cable sets, it's a labor of love. I sold them for $40 a set, the materials I used, and shipping them came up to right at $30, so I was making $10 on each set and had over an hour into making and mailing them as there were several processes involved in it. I just got very short on time and had to stop doing it.

I would love to see someone pick them up again, I need a set for the '86 I have. If you can get after it and have them made, I'll buy atleast 1 set from you :thumbsup2:

Ok, looks like the ball is rolling. I heard back from the provider I'm working with and he wanted me to get a set of cables over to him to set up and see what the costs would be to build them. So those will be headed his way on Monday.

More as it happens.....

I've seen a few posts lately with questions about what is available for battery cable upgrades. We have had some members here in the past that were able to build these sets for us but it looks like they are no longer involved with that that project. If I'm wrong give me a shout. I don't want to step in on anyones sales.

But it got me to make contact with a provider I have dealt with and looking into having him make 4 ga cable sets fitted to the 1st gen Venture. I'm waiting to hear back from him and making arrangments to send him a set of cables as a template if he wants to do this.

At this point I can not give any idea of the cost until he agrees and receives the set being sent to him.

So if you're not in a huge rush to get the cables give me a few days and I'll post here with any new information as it comes along.

Hopefully this might turn into a steady, reliable and affordable source if it works out.

I'll try to keep this updated as things happen or don't. It's only in the idea stage at this point.

If you have any interest in a upgrade set post here and I can keep track of how many might be needed.

Mike

Interested Members:

Bill W.

Squidley

bendtdj

gwashorn

kevin-vc-b.c.

adventure 08

Jayceesfolly

wstuard

tommyp61

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is being made.......

I haven't forgot about you guys.

At the last conversation with the provider I've been working with they were sourcing some of the lugs needed. I spoke with them today and they received the shipment of lugs they were waiting for and ........ You guessed it!

One size is wrong. They are working to get that corrected ASAP.

Still in the works. Don't give up yet.

Keep you posted.

Mike