IGNORED

Bike Insurance... again

ragtop69gs

I am getting insurance quotes from Foremost Ins. Co. , I'm looking to replace the Progressive policies on both bikes. Does anyone have comments on Foremost Ins. good or bad ? The politics of Progressive's owner/parent company are driving this change. I'm also dumping Bank of America for the same reasons.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, check into Markel insurance. I believe it is: www.markelinsuresfun.com

I have the 4 bikes that I ride the most insured through them, have been for many years, and I pay only $ 471.00 a year for full coverage on all 4 bikes, including $ 2,000.00 additional accessory coverage. My deductible has dropped form the previous $ 250.00 down to only $ 62.00 per bike. I have had one loss claim through them, they settled it perfectly, and I was 100 % satisfied.

I highly recommend Markel Insurance for motorcycles.

I use Geico myself, they were the cheapest when I shopped however back in Dec 2010 my tail end (in my car) got clipped by a cab driver. Because I was turning left (he had his turn signal on to turn right but didn't) I was found at fault and that little sucker DOUBLES my premium. Supposedly they only go 3 years back so guess what I'm doing in December!

Jay, check into Markel insurance. I believe it is: www.markelinsuresfun.com

I have the 4 bikes that I ride the most insured through them, have been for many years, and I pay only $ 471.00 a year for full coverage on all 4 bikes, including $ 2,000.00 additional accessory coverage. My deductible has dropped form the previous $ 250.00 down to only $ 62.00 per bike. I have had one loss claim through them, they settled it perfectly, and I was 100 % satisfied.

I highly recommend Markel Insurance for motorcycles.

Last time I checked them, they didn't insure in Michigan. I'll check again.

Well, I checked them, they do write in Mi. Their online quote on the '08 RSV Hannigan was over $900 ! I don't pay that for both bikes right now.

Thanks.

Edited by ragtop69gs

Last time I checked them, they didn't insure in Michigan. I'll check again.

Well, I checked them, they do write in Mi. Their online quote on the '08 RSV Hannigan was over $900 ! I don't pay that for both bikes right now.

Thanks.

WOW ! I just checked my policy rate for my 2006 RSMTD, with full coverage, and an additional $ 2,000.00 accessory coverage, and they charge me only $ 165.00 per year.

I know that rates vary per state, and per zip code in a state, and per drivers record, etc, etc, etc. But I never would have thought a trike would be that much.

That's Michigan for ya, everything cost's more here it seem's. Crappy roads that beat your vehicles to death. Insurance companies that are protected by state government. They hit every vehicle owner in the state with a $175 fee per vehicle & cycle for their Michigan Catastrophic accident fund, it pays for long term/lifetime care of people involved in serious "motor vehicle" accidents, letting the Ins. Co's off the hook, of course motorcycles are not considered "motor vehicles" by state statue, so if I were to have an accident that did not involve a "motor vehicle" I could not get payment from the fund, yet MC's are accessed the $175 fee anyway. On my 2 cars and 2 bikes I pay $700 just for that one Fee ! + the cost to insure. :bang head: :soapbox:

And now the Governor wants to triple our registration fees and add 30 cents to our gas tax. :think:

That would be my tipping point where I sell everything and move out of this state. I'm tired of getting my pocket picked by state and federal government. :no-no-no:

Hmm cant belive the lawers aint in on this deal. You pay into a fund that you can in no way ever recoup any money? Somehow thats wrong, charging for a service not rendered or provided. I have Foremost thru AARP right now. 2yr ago I had Geico and the rates went up enough it made me mad, so I went shopping. It seems anymore it dont matter about loyality. I end up changing every couple years because it saves me money. Lucky for me I have not had to use their services yet. Hope I never have to.

Isn't Flo taking care of you Jay? I have AAA and both bikes are under $500 a year together. I do drop the insurance down to storage coverage in late November and then up the policy back to full coverage in April/May. I usually get about $100 back when I reduce in November dropping it a bit lower.

Again, I want to repeat, and reiterate...I pay $ 471.00 a year. full year coverage, for 4 motorcycles, full coverage, and it includes an additional $ 2,000.00 accessory coverage on each bike. My deductible on each bike, that WAS $ 250.00 each, has now dropped down to only $ 62.00 per bike. I do not see how anyone can beat those rates.

www.markelinsuresfun.com

I am a believer.

That would be my tipping point where I sell everything and move out of this state. I'm tired of getting my pocket picked by state and federal government. :no-no-no:

ragtop69gs, I can see your point. They are ripping you off in that state. They are trying to pay for all the problems going on in Detroit. Not the auto industry, but the city of Detroit problems.

You are most welcome to come west young man, as see the beauty of Washington State. We do have higher gas prices than most, but we have NO state income tax. We have the cleanest air of any state in the USA, our water is good, and pleantiful, and the weastern side of this state looks very similar to Michigan, except we actually do have mountains, snow skiing, fishing for fresh salmon off our coasts, and milder winters than you are used to.

Come on over, and I will show you our fine state. Just dont' tell this to any of those southern folk, as we are above the Mason/Dixon line. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

I just left nationwide that i had for 15 yrs for auto, 11 yrs motorcycle, 7 yrs house. I went with "Allstate" for autos and house. Went to progressive for bike. My allstate agent said here in NC they could never beat progressive since they specialize in 'luxury/recreational' vehicles.

I saved by switching 2/3rd the cost at nationwide alone on just the motorcycle. I also cut the rest in 1/2. I will stay with them a few years then shop around again.

Good luck! Ins companies are just there to protect the good people.

You can come to Florida. You can only ride about 300 days a year though, no state income tax here either. But we got lots of Canadians Nov thru Apr so it will sort of seem lik Mi.

ragtop69gs, do not be conned into moving into a state that has no mountains, has an annual hurricane season, has more blue-haired old ladies driving than anywhere else, requires all old men over 80 to wear speedos at the pool and beaches, and uses old glass in the mix of their road asphalt. I will say that Florida is a great place to wear out motorcycle tires real fast, without going very far, due to heat, and glass shards in the road surface, and...if you want to get hit by an uninsured old lady or illegal cuban, this would be your place. Of course, housing prices are cheap there, because they have to rebuild them every couple years due to hurricanes coming through.

Just saying...they have oranges...we have apples, cherries, peaches, salmon, Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and the people in Washington are friendly, and speak in such a way that you can actually understand what they are saying, except those Canadians that come visit us, and always put an eh? on the end of every sentence.

BTW, Happy Flag Day to all our Canadian brothers and sisters. Eh !

I am getting insurance quotes from Foremost Ins. Co. , I'm looking to replace the Progressive policies on both bikes. Does anyone have comments on Foremost Ins. good or bad ? The politics of Progressive's owner/parent company are driving this change. I'm also dumping Bank of America for the same reasons.

Don't blame ya a bit Jay. Progressive wants 3 times what I pay Geico for the same coverage. And I sure as #@^^ don't care for the politics their big guy supports...

Gulf Coast states are great for retirement. Low cost of living, no white stuff other than sand, seafood forever, deep fried the norm. Ok, we get a little wind every once in a while..

This thread got me to thinking about my insurance. Its due in Apr. So I went to the markle site was like $800, Progressive was 600+ geico I think was 10 bucks more than what I pay no, pretty close to current anyways. And dairyland.........over $900+ a year. All for same coverage I have now. 250 deductable 100/300 on me and passneger and underinsured motorest. That is one of the biggest expense here. Got all these folks driving with no insurance, out of state tags and driving POS. So what do they care?

I use Progressive for 3 bikes. They have been the least expensive between Formeost, Geico and All State. My son totaled his 3 week old 2012 z6 and they were great on the claim. He now drives a 950 V-Star and they still had the lowest cost.

Bob in Georgia