IGNORED

Bike Insurance... again

ragtop69gs

Guess I forgot to say I had foremost and wrecked my bike, they were fast to settle but they rip you off on the value of your extras. Leather saddle bags worth $40.00 extra lights no value, new tires no value, tank bib with pocket no value ? couple of other things I can't remember right now so when it was time to renew I changed to All State. I did have coverage for accessories.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting insurance quotes from Foremost Ins. Co. , I'm looking to replace the Progressive policies on both bikes. Does anyone have comments on Foremost Ins. good or bad ? The politics of Progressive's owner/parent company are driving this change. I'm also dumping Bank of America for the same reasons.

Hi guy;

I can't give recommendations, but I can report on my past experience & current year's bill.

Remember - I have a full blown Trike with custom paint & gobs of accessories.

Ins. Co.: Dairyland Insurance Co.

Bike: Photos delivered to Ins. Co. (showing custom paint & accessories)

2002 RSV Midnight - 2008 Hannigan - Carbon1 Aux. Tank - Tach

kuryakyn grips & pegs - chrome grill - & many others

Coverage: Program - Gold

50/100 50/100 50000 50/100 50000 250 250 (incl. collision)

Experience: Old RSV went down in 2011 along exit ramp in MI - about $3000 damage

quick easy appraisal & repair. They wanted to raise my rate, but I merely

sent them NOAH weather reports of the storm I was in & they didn't.

Cost: per year $481.60

BTW: Whenever I call them, I speak to someone who speaks ENGLISH WELL!

There you go - no bias, just facts.

Feel free to make me feel bad by finding a better deal, but please share it if you do.

JB

Not often I get to quote myself,,,,

Anyhow, Titan Auto Ins is my new carrier due to the change above.

Same good coverage for $498 for my RSV and RSTD. That went up about $30 from last years carrier.

I will talk to my local guy to see if he thinks I should stick or shop.

I may check one or two on-line. But $500 with good coverage for two bikes ain't bad.

EDIT: I did just go on-line to Daryland Cycle Ins. Ran a quote on the two bikes based on similar (good full) coverage and got $385/yr. Will call to verify during the week.

Hey and be married! When I skipped that question it put me divorced and $67 higher.

Okay, so after I got the great Dairyland $385 on-line quote, I visited my local independent agent, Carl.

He can sell Dairyland too and because I have house and cars through his agency, can further discount Dairyland.

SO,, Two bikes, very good coverage for $330/YEAR.

That's $168 less than I was about to pay.