IGNORED

Let's Talk Politics

Freebird

Actually....let's NOT talk politics. :)

Here's the thing folks. I know that as we get closer and closer to the primaries and then the general election, it will get harder and harder to not get into political discussions here. I'm sorry folks, I just can't let that happen. Here is why.

IT MAKES ME MAD

That is the truth of the matter. I know that some of you really enjoy debating the virtues, or lack thereof, of the various candidates, issues, etc. I also know that most of us feel very strongly about our positions on these things. I can assure you that I am no exception. I am VERY political. I've actually written to my representatives about 25 times during the past 12 months alone. How many of you have taken the time to do that? I have strong opinions, I get very angry with some of the decisions made by those who are SUPPOSED to be representing the people and I make my voice heard loud and often. It does very little good but that along with voting is all that I am able to do.

We can debate these issue here until the end of time and it will NOT change a thing. My political leanings are a result of things that I have seen and experienced during my 52 years on this earth. I am smart enough to read, research, investigate and form my own opinions about the issues. If I told each one of you that you could post 100 pages of political commentary and opinion, there is not a single one of you who could change my mind about what I believe and how I will cast my votes. As I said, my political beliefs are based upon my life happenings, not anything that I've heard from a politician, friend, news personality or anybody else. I think that most people are the same way.

That being the case, what is there to gain by venting our anger, frustration, opinions here? I try to be very fair in the way that I run this site. I know that we have people that are Republicans, Democrats, Independents. I know that we have people of various races, religions, socio economic standings. We have people from various countries and cultures. We are NOT going to agree on politics and we are NOT going to persuade anybody else to think the same way that we do with the words that we can write here.

I'll be honest with you about something else. If we start discussing politics here and I get involved, some of you are not going to like what I have to say. Whether I'm to the left or to the right, there are going to be some of you who lean the other way and there are going to be feelings hurt. I would much rather have as many of you as possible as friends....friendship based upon the thing that brings us together as a group... a club...a family. I am only human and as much as I try to be tolerant of those whom have opinions that differ from my own, I am not strong enough to always separate it. I do have close friends from different political parties and for the most part, I do respect them. I will also stand beside them and fight for their right to have those differing opinions. The truth is though, there are some specific issues that I just cannot understand how people can feel the way that they do. For that reason, I choose to NOT discuss political issues with most people because it could very well result in my loosing some respect for them and them for me.

So that is the way that I feel. That is why we will continue to keep politics to a minimum here and I hope that you will all work with me to see that this rule is followed. If this site ever DOES turn political, I can promise you that it will be in support of MY political views and some of you wouldn't care for that at all. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freebird;

Good thinking. Let's keep religion out of here, too.

Ought to be ok without those two subjects.

However, there are many sites for either of those topics....elsewhere.

Boy, somebody put a bee in your bonnet? Well too bad, I happen to very much agree with your statement(s). Politics is a good thing to discuss, but it always seems to go south, even when I get involved, and I can get that because I know I'm right,,,,,,,,,,,,,well for me that is,,,,,,,,but probably not for some else,,,,,which is ok to,,,,, that what's so wonderful about our countries, they're free,,, well as free as can be expected. And in order to maintain that freedom here, we need to stay with what will work, and that's helping each other, giving of ourselves to others, showing love and respect to each other, and so on. Getting in arguments about things that won't change anyways will only serve to separate us and ruin a good relationship.

You have my permission to delete all that stuff, even if I posted it.

Thanks for doing a wonderful job all you moderators, it must sometimes be a little frustrating, but keep up the good work, we are rooting for you.

When the presidential vote comes around, my wife said she'll vote for Clown #1, if I'll vote for Clown #2.....to cancel each other.

Someday, I'd like to see a non-politicial, working-stiff, who pays taxes through-the-nose, has common sense, and no agenda, run for president.

While I agree this isnt the place to discuss politics, and I have tried to abide by those rules. I often wonder at what point it became such a volatile issue. I realize its always been a hot topic, but within the last 20 years or so its turned really ugly. You would be a case in point, from what I have seen of you, you seem to be one of the most levelheaded, fairminded people I know. And yet you admit you have a hard time justifying an opposing view, and staying calm while listening to it. I have very good friends with totally different political views then mine, Their views dont affect the way I feel about them, and I certainly would never think less of them because we disagree politically. They have many qualities I admire and respect so I can like them just fine even tho we disagree on who should run the country. We have all been raised one way or another, all have different things we value, each of our circumstances helps determine what we think is important. I can live with differing opinions, I have strong ones of my own. Ok I am off the box:whistling:

It does very little good but that along with voting is all that I am able to do.

...WELL, HERE'S ONE MORE THING YOU CAN DO....

Someday, I'd like to see a non-politicial, working-stiff, who pays taxes through-the-nose, has common sense, and no agenda, run for president.

Freedbird for President!!!

FREEBIRD FOR PRESIDENT!!!

FREEBIRD FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Let's Talk Politics

:shock3::shock3::shock3:

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Thought you done went around the bend on us boss.

I won't talk politics with anybody because of many of the reasons you have posted.

Better to have good friends than argue about a point of view on something that I have a snowballs chance in He@@ of changing(somebodies point of view).

You always seem to have a good vibe on the happening's of the site Don. And as usual put it into a nicely wrapped note. I can't agree more as like you, many folks wouldn't be happy with my views either, but I keep my mouth shut (Yeah I know, Hard to belive)

We just have to respect that other folks have a right to think like they do, and they have to respect that of me. The funny thing is, people make decisions on topics and have no idea where their thoughts are based. Society will NEVER have all the information on any subject. The media and the governments will never give all the Truthful info. So you can't make an intelligent decision because you will NEVER have all the facts.

This is a motorcycle forum, and I like it that way, if you want news....watch TV :)

Don. There is one way for the Americans to avoid all the pre-election hoopla. Your country has to run its elections the way we do here down-under. As a for instance- late last year our elected leader (the Prime Minister and George W's Deputy) called an election, as it was time. Four years were up. Six weeks later the poll was held and he got done well and good. That was it - 6 weeks. Gotta love that. None of this primaries, secondaries etc etc that you have to put up with over there. I'm pretty sure it runs the same in Canada. Short and sweet.

You always seem to have a good vibe on the happening's of the site Don. And as usual put it into a nicely wrapped note. I can't agree more as like you, many folks wouldn't be happy with my views either, but I keep my mouth shut (Yeah I know, Hard to belive)

:)

You mean your NOT going to type your opinions, That is much different than keeping your mouth shut, cause I am sure this would be tuff. :stirthepot::rotf:!

Brad