IGNORED

New Venture Rider Observations

oldryder

Bought a low mileage 2008 this spring. Replaced a GL1500.

SO far I like the venture better than the GL with the exception of the sound system which doesn't seem to have the oomph to provide enough volume to overcome earplugs.

Handling is vastly superior to the GL1500. Not sure yet about all day comfort (which was excellent on the GL after adding a $700 aftermarket seat) but I'll get a read on that Friday when I make a trip for work with 225 mile round trip. hoping the stock seat doesn't cause butt burn.

I dearly wish it had an electrically adjustable WS like my FJR.

Presently adding farkles:

baker air wings

passenger arm rests (not sure of vendor yet, suggestions welcome)

a clock!

maybe a tach

XM radio mount

somehow I have to address the volume issue as road trip tunes are a big deal for me.

good bike; I'm very glad I bought it!

SO far I like the venture better than the GL with the exception of the sound system which doesn't seem to have the oomph to provide enough volume to overcome earplugs.

Handling is vastly superior to the GL1500. Not sure yet about all day comfort (which was excellent on the GL after adding a $700 aftermarket seat) but I'll get a read on that Friday when I make a trip for work with 225 mile round trip. hoping the stock seat doesn't cause butt burn.

baker air wings

a clock!

maybe a tach

XM radio mount

somehow I have to address the volume issue as road trip tunes are a big deal for me.

Hold both the select and reset buttons down at the same time till the clock shows. And then you have one. :lightbulb:

Bryan

"Mute" button?

what he said... and mine doesn't seem to have a reset button either...lol i've had my bike for 9 months & 13,000 miles I'm still learning....

You will love the bike... some1 on here "buttbutler" I think is his nic can REDO your seat for about a 10th of a corbin or mustang seat cost,IF you decide it needs it.... the ones that had it done swears by it... this site will become your BEST friend. There is a wealth of knowledge & GREAT people here...

baker air wings

a clock!

maybe a tach

XM radio mount

only place I know of for arm rests is Diamond R accessories.

Another vote for the Carbon One armrests!! Larry makes up a nice pair that flip up rather than the Diamond R's that swing out. I feel they are a lot safer!

As far as the volume level, are you listening thru the headset or the speakers?? There are some nicer replacement speakers that will liven up the sound a bit.

For XM radio mount go with a Ram Universal mount, they seem to be the best...

The manual is online here http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/service/manuals/2008/LIT-11626-21-42_Royal_Star_Venture_1465.pdf

Adjust your Auto Volume AV to 5, if a loud outside noise gets around you it will automatically turn up. Follow the tips on setting it up.

See you already got your $11.99 worth of membership dues[/quote

I got my dues back the 1st day :D .. best $12 i ever spent...

bought a low mileage 2008 this spring. Replaced a gl1500.

So far i like the venture better than the gl with the exception of the sound system which doesn't seem to have the oomph to provide enough volume to overcome earplugs.

Handling is vastly superior to the gl1500. Not sure yet about all day comfort (which was excellent on the gl after adding a $700 aftermarket seat) but i'll get a read on that friday when i make a trip for work with 225 mile round trip. Hoping the stock seat doesn't cause butt burn.

I dearly wish it had an electrically adjustable ws like my fjr.

Baker air wings

a clock!

Maybe a tach

xm radio mount

somehow i have to address the volume issue as road trip tunes are a big deal for me.

Good bike; i'm very glad i bought it!

arm rest get a hold of larry carbon one he makes them for the ventures cant go wrong. You can check classifieds they might be on there.

Joe

Could be wrong(it almost happened once -lol) but the AV setting is speed related. AV-5 adjusts up a notch every 10mph or so starting around 20mph.

The manual is online here http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/service/manuals/2008/LIT-11626-21-42_Royal_Star_Venture_1465.pdf

Adjust your Auto Volume AV to 5, if a loud outside noise gets around you it will automatically turn up. Follow the tips on setting it up.

:sign yeah that:I got my money back the first week. Easily. And have been making bank on that investment every week.

Not to mention the laughs I get every now and then. :)