IGNORED

Motorcycle Etiquette: How Not To Wave Like A Dork!

SilvrT

I'm not to much into waving but I will return the wave if someone waves. I'm also not into all them different waves. Usually I won't take my left hand off the handlebar and kind of wave a modified peace sign wave. It's not that I am opposed to taking my hand off the handlebars, I'm just lazy.

I remember around the local area in the early 70's we use to raise our left fist in the air kind of like the black power sign at the time. Must have been a local thing though.

BOO

How about the head nod. I use it often when my hands are busy or I see a cage driver wave his hand from the steering wheel and don't have time to wave my hand. Heck here in Texas (not counting Dallas/FW, Houston, San Antonio) we wave at everybody, you don't have to be on a bike. I've had farmers wave from their tractors off in a field at me.

I remember around the local area in the early 70's we use to raise our left fist in the air kind of like the black power sign at the time. Must have been a local thing though.

BOO

Not so! I too remember this wave from the 70's in my area. I still do it occasionally just for s#### and giggles. I've been waiting for someone to do it back at me and it hasn't happened yet. If so, I'll at least know the other biker is a old fart like me.:rotfl::D

I've was asked by a buddy why I never waved, I said I do. When someone waves at me I seldom take my left hand off the steering but I put up 4 fingers and when I do the lower left hand stuck out thing at the official 45 degree angle I again hol out 4 fingers.

4 fingers.... the sign of a V4 :cool10:

It's also quite an interesting study to see who does and who does NOT wave!! The non-wavers typically ride one particular brand of motorcycle, but not everyone that rides that make are non-wavers...

I think I ride that particular brand of motorcycle..... And I'm a waver :smile5::rasberry:

Arizona is a place that almost everybody waveso regardless of type of bike. I wave left hand st anything on 2 wheels. There was a time that I could be riding a BMW K1200lt LT, a KLR 650 , one of two TW200 ' s on any given day . Just because they are riding something at that time doesn't mean they don't have something else in the stable

I've was asked by a buddy why I never waved, I said I do. When someone waves at me I seldom take my left hand off the steering but I put up 4 fingers and when I do the lower left hand stuck out thing at the official 45 degree angle I again hol out 4 fingers.

4 fingers.... the sign of a V4 :cool10:

That's funny......I do the same thing