IGNORED

Is this for real?

Trader

My guess would be a scam.

HF does not sell its coupons.

Most likely someone scanned the coupon from a magazine or email add is then selling them.

Just hunt around and find the actual real coupon.

You could even try printing out that picture and just tell the clerk that you have a crappy printer and that is why the fine print and bar code did not come out. The worst they can do is say no.

Looks like a scam to me, the bar code is blanked out in the pic. I think some people will try to sell anything for a buck. Of course I think Harbor Freight says that the coupon can't be sold. I found this at HF's web site:

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=motorcycle+lift

$419 for the lift, but I think a 1,000 pound weight rating would be cutting it pretty close for a Venture.

My wife cut out a coupon last year for $200.00 off and bought me a lift for Christmas. You find these in the one page ads in magazines. I bet one of my Diesel truck magazines has it. Someone has cut the add out of a magazine and is selling the coupon for a profit. Rules for coupons are specific.

1. You are paying for the service provided to find and cut out the coupon, not the item itself.

2. E-bay will not allow a legible bar code. Someone would try to mass produce them and copies aren't valid.

I will look through my magazines and see if I have one. It can be yours for the asking.

JB

The weight capacity is ok. I had to fill the system and burp it. I also adjusted the pressure relief valve. It would not lift over 500 lbs. at first. It is stable and does a great job for the money. I altered the wheel chock and added a couple tie downs. It will lift me on the bike. And it will lift am Ultra Classic Harley with rider.

JB

These folks say it is an original coupon that they are selling....in fact, NOT selling the coupon...just their services for finding it and clipping it out and mailing it .

I've never seen any of the HF coupons other than on the HF web site...that's why I was wondering if it was a scam

IF anyone has one of these coupons and would be willing to mail it to me I would VERY MUCH appreciate it.

I don't buy any of the magazines etc that it might be in and being up in Canada we don't get them in newspapers .

If none of the good folks here can help out I will be forced to "risk" a whopping $6 for the ebay service and that just might make it less of a deal:whistling:

Go buy Rider magazine. It has this coupon in there every month. Bought mine a couple of months ago. Wish I would have done it years ago. Nice unit.

I suggest you also purchase the wheel chock at the same time. http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97841.html The front wheel clamp that comes with the lift is pretty worthless.

The ad in Rider also has a 20% off coupon for any one item. Use that for the wheel chock.

RR

These folks say it is an original coupon that they are selling....in fact, NOT selling the coupon...just their services for finding it and clipping it out and mailing it .

I've never seen any of the HF coupons other than on the HF web site...that's why I was wondering if it was a scam

IF anyone has one of these coupons and would be willing to mail it to me I would VERY MUCH appreciate it.

I don't buy any of the magazines etc that it might be in and being up in Canada we don't get them in newspapers .

If none of the good folks here can help out I will be forced to "risk" a whopping $6 for the ebay service and that just might make it less of a deal:whistling:

Are you coming into the US to purchase? Not sure the HF coupons from the US will work in Canukistan.

RR

Are you coming into the US to purchase? Not sure the HF coupons from the US will work in Canukistan.

RR

There are no HF in Canada that I know of.

I'll head over to Watertown NY....about 1 1/2 hrs from here.

As many of the rest have said, its probably not a misprint. I bought that same lift for that price a couple years ago. Works good, except for I don't like the wheel clamp. Otherwise, it fit the bill just fine for me.

Bill

Welcome to the site!

I'll be in Kingston in the next few days I'm sure. I live up in Tichborne but have a rental property in Kingston

PM me your phone number. I'll give you a call before I come in.

What time is usually best for you?

I see your trial membership is half done.

Anyway, Spend the $12 to become a full member.

The tech advice you get from the site as well as the friendships are priceless.

Plus the downloads of manuals etc is worth the price alone!

This is on my wish list. HF has been running that coupon for at least a year now, it is in several motorcyle magazines every month, Cycle World, Motorcylist and Rider that I know of. I think that the current add is good till August or Sept. If I remember right, you are allowed to purchase more than one with a coupon. I know the coupons are good, I have used other ones out of the add for some tools, no problems at all. If someone wants a coupon, let me know, I will look through the issues that I have and mail mail one to you.

The coupon is for real. Don't buy the one on ebay, just get a "Cruiser" or "Bagger" or any othe Motorcycle magizine & Harbor freight has a 1 or 2 page ad with lots of coupons on their ad. I bought one of the lifts & it works very well, although the front clamp is a little flimsy. Phoneman1981 put one of the chalks on the lift, but was unable to get bike back out of chalk without help so he put his chalk on the lift. How did it work Mark? Lots of coupons in the magazine ads. Great deals on tools, gloves, battery chargers, chalks.

Our HF store in Fort Collins, CO let me use all the coupons I wanted when I told the manager we lived 200 miles away and couldn't come in several days to use, "One coupon per day, per customer". Nice people!

Maybe not professional grade tools, but for the novice garage mechanic on a SS budget, the price is right.