IGNORED

Pics of the bike

Squidley

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

I agree with the tire, you didn't see the other side of it where there is a 10" split in it. I'm not going to stop until I really know what happened to that tire. I dont believe that it was overloaded, and it wasn't hot that day so I rule that out too. Something to me just dont seem right as I know the pressure was good and at max, I never run them anyother way....time will tell.

I would definitely look into that tire it looks like it just came apart.

Man, Sqid!!!

You mashed it up pretty good. I am sooooo glad you two were not hurt any worse!!!!!

That's scary.

Actually it looks like it held together pretty well, considering the force that it looks like it hit with. I hope the insurance works out for you --- but I am glad you could both walk away!!!

If you plan to rebuild her -- let me know when the work day is and I will be there to help.

ditto .. brad .. just thankful that you are alright.. you know ,,GOD LOVES YOU..

brad, i finally caught up with "the bisquit", and told him what had happened. he couldn't believe it.

he said , "i rode that bike three days before, and it was perfect.

no vibrations, or shakes , of any kind"!!!

we both agreed, that someone in our bunch, must have put " oho malo", on your bike.

that translates into a form of "evil eye", mexicans really, do believe, that if you admire something or someone, as in a baby, or young child, or someone's hair, for instance, then you MUST touch the object, to keep from transferring the evil eye, to it.

at any rate, i am looking forward to seeing you two,back down this way, as soon as you can shake loose.

just jt

She does'nt look real pretty Brad, but you two beat the odds and walked away from it. I thought Nance's and my first gen. looked bad after I crashed, but your's makes mine look good. Take care of Lona and yourself and we both send you our hope that you come out well on the insurance game.

You just couldn't stand it could you, you just had to out do charlie didn't you. Well you did it in grand fashion. Hey on a positive note its still in better shape than most first gens.

Looks like you went down on the right side then high sided. It is a miracle you both walked away from that one. I don't think 1999 is your luck number.

My guess on that tire is it sustained a puncture the pleasure got low and the flex and heat caused the carcass to fail.

You just couldn't stand it could you, you just had to out do charlie didn't you. Well you did it in grand fashion. Hey on a positive note its still in better shape than most first gens.

Looks like you went down on the right side then high sided. It is a miracle you both walked away from that one. I don't think 1999 is your luck number.

My guess on that tire is it sustained a puncture the pleasure got low and the flex and heat caused the carcass to fail.

Im so proud of Brad out doing me in the Damage division

When 1st Gens get involved in a Accident Redneck ...They still are in a upright position.... not as... a 2nd Gen layed on their side:rasberry::rotfl:

Brad I was all set to kid you about your bike, but after looking at those pix, I sure didnt feel like bustin on ya. Glad your and Lonnas injuries werent alot worse, from the looks of the bike, you got off cheap. Hang in there buddy, looking forward to seeing you at maint. day, wonder what your new bike will look like?? Craig

Im so proud of Brad out doing me in the Damage division

When 1st Gens get involved in a Accident Redneck ...They still are in a upright position.... not as... a 2nd Gen layed on their side:rasberry::rotfl:

Charlie when a first gen has a wreck and is still standing its because the owner couldn't stand the aggravation of it not starting again and wrecked it with a BFH.:rasberry::rasberry::rasberry:

Really glad that you and Lonna were able to walk away from that one. Luck was on your side with some help from above.

Drop it of in my shop in Ga. and I can pratice on some fiberglass work.

After hearing about all these rear tires coming apart I'm glad I have the sidecar on mine now. ( maybe 3 tires are better then 2 ).

You two rest up and heal up.

I have gotten quite a few chuckles out of this thread, and to answer a few statements.....

Condor....no more '99's that was my last one :doh:

Art (ADC) God was there with us...I'm sure of that :)

Redneck....you are correct 1999 isn't our year :no-no-no:

Vance....That grass was a welcome sight when all was over, I know it saved both of us from LOTS of pain!

Mike (Itmdb) Dont sell the farm yet, I'm not sure it was the commanders. There is a large gash on the otherside of the tire, I might have ran over something that I just didn't see in the road :confused24:

Wizard We are planning on another bike, Lonna has already said about getting on another one. We just have to get her healed up first :(

Sleepy2 It happened Jan 2 at about 4:30 pm west of Baton Rouge Louisiana on I 10

and for everyone else...thank you for thinking of us. It is a miracle that we are alive, by all rights we shouldn't be here after a 70 mph crash. I firmly believe that God or his angels were there with us. I haven't been able to wrap my head around this yet, it defy's logic. I have lots of questions of why....but no answers yet.

I can't begin to tell all of you how much it means to Lonna and I that you folks come on and tell us were in your thoughts and that your praying for us. We love all of you, and when we say that you are a part of our family, we truly mean it. Whats ours is yours, and the door is always open to all of our brothers and sisters here....Thank you all :)

Brad, those pictures just scare me to look at. I know you mantain your bike well and still this happened. Am sure glad that you and Lona come out better than the bike. Hope to see you in the spring - only 4 months to go.

Joe

Brad And Lonna I Havent Been On Site Much Lately , Too Busy With Work. But To Come On And Find Out You Too Had An Accident Was Not The First Thing I Wanted To Read About. Glad You Too Came Out Of It Alive And That Sguidly Is Still With Us And Sweetnothing Is Still A Sweet Something. Hope To See You Both Again Soon.

Ditto on how amazing it is and wonderful that you guys came out of this wreck as unscathed as you did after seeing the bike. I pray that you Brad and Lonna heal quickly, that the insurance settles in a timely manner and you find an even better motorcycle maybe even a brand new 2nd gen. You will be in my prayers.

Wow is just a deficient expletive..that's all I can say. The Lord indeed had His hand in there keeping you two safe from serious harm.

If you do intend pursuing the tire issue, don't let the insurance company get away with the bike before you get all the tire data off the actual tire. I have seen a circumstance where the purchase date info didn't jive with the tire date code by over a year! A month or 2 maybe, but not a year.

autopilot