IGNORED

Grandson crashed hard

Yesterday evening, my 20 year old grandson, Lil Venturous" son, lost it on his CBR600 and went down. He was going over a rise that sweeps to the right and I suspect he was going too fast and as he crested the hill and when he touched the rear brake, it locked up. He went off the left side of the road, went over a barbed wire fence, bending or breaking four metal poles, dropped about 6 to 8 feet and hit a telephone pole. He was left laying beside the telephone pole and the bike went farther down the bank.

The fortunate thing was he was able to call his dad, who was at my house and we took off to find him as Brian called 911 and gave them directions. When we got there, his sister, who lives within a mile was already there. Within minutes we had the fire department, a crash truck, EMS, a city policeman that was on his way to work and then a State Trooper. If he had not been able to call, I don't know if he would have been found. You could not see him or the bike from the road unless you stopped and got out of the car and looked over the bank. He also could not move as he had a compound fracture on his right leg with the femur sticking out about half way between his knee and hip.

He is now out of surgery and also has a torn muscle and skin damage. Fortunately, he had on a good mesh jacket with armor pads, heavy boots, heavy work pants and a full face helmet. He will be in ICU tonight and in a couple of days he will have more surgery to see how much muscle damage there is.

I have some pictures that I will try to post that were taken after the fact. RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Randy,

Sure hated to read about this, but am certainly glad to hear he is alive.

Thoughts and prayers are with him, you and your family in hopes of a full recovery.

This will be a riding lesson long rememberd...and hopefully well learned lesson of what not to do.

He is very lucky he wasn't separated from his cell phone in the crash. Charlene and I will be praying for his quick recovery, It looks like the bike probably got more damage being dragged up the slope. It just provers ATGATT pays off. He is a very lucky young man.........

Almost didn't recognize you with your eye patch, hope things are going well for you also.