IGNORED

New member looking for 2000 RSV MM Ltd

jarrejx

Hello from NW Indiana. (20 miles from Chgo) and thanx for the warm welcome. 86er suggested that I place this request in the watering hole and that someone(s) may be able to help me in my quest. I have been looking for a well-maintained (preferably low mileage) specimen of the 2000 Millenium RSV. (pearl white w/ tan seats). I currently ride a 1985 Honda GoldWing Aspencade w/ 62K miles. It is a great ride but its time for an upgrade and I love the look of the MM.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this Venture family.

Jerry

progress.gif

The following is a post from another site. I know Randy very well and his bike is in like new condition. Located a day trip away from you.

Curt

"I have a very nice MM Limited with 18,905 miles for sale. (0478/1500). It is a one owner bike and serviced totally by a Yamaha dealer. It includes trailer hitch, 2 flag holders, RAM mount system for Ipod or MP3 player and Butler cup holder. New tires and new stock RK mufflers. Both installed late this year. (I have the stock Yamaha muffs in a box also).

Asking $8800.00/BO

Had some trouble attaching photos, but will send as many as you need in an e-mail.

For additional information e-mail me at ran.rwl@gmail.com or call 651-464-4233. Forest Lake, Minnesota location. I would be happy to store in my heated garage until spring.

Randy Little/Rascal

Rascal"

http://www.venturers.org/Forum/memberuploads/dsc00061_193.jpg

Talk about quick results. Thanks FJRider for your lead. The owner's description sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Will reach out to him today for further pix and discussion. Thanx for sharing. I can see that I am really going to like living here in "VentureVille".

Jerry

You're welcome.

"I can see that I am really going to like living here in "VentureVille". Please note I said "another site" for where the info came from...VentureVille is fairly broad with at least three other great locations to find info and meet Venture owners. Out of courtesy to the members here though on the VentureRider site I won't post the names or locations of the other sites. But if you should stop by the other sites, my user names are Concours on one and Curt_Suamico on the other.

The bike I posted a picture of is in fantastic condition. Randy and Laura have choosen to move on to a Gold Wing trike. Good luck in your search, and when you call Randy, let him know Curt sent you.

Curt

Jerry,

First of all, welcome aboard the VR family, Certainly glad to have you.

Now for the 2nd thing

Just a little advice....

Dont believe everything 86R tells ya....

He will lead you astray........:rotf:

Dont ask me how I know.................:stirthepot:

That about anybody who rides a 1st gen, he is one of those guys who thinks the 2nd gen is a superior bike..but us 1st gen riders know better..........:rotf::rotf::rotf:Right 86er?

Jerry,

Now for the 2nd thing

Just a little advice....

Jerry,

Now for the 2nd thing

Just a little advice....

:wow: Here I am, an innocent :innocent-emoticon: VentureRider, trying to help out a new fellow and you land on me with both feet?!?! :stickpoke: I'm not feelin' the love, man! :bawling:

Just see if I stay in your spare room, let your wife fix me an excellent dinner, and let you buy me coffee in the morning any more! :rotfl:

Eck will say.....That about anybody who rides a 1st gen, he is one of those guys who thinks the 2nd gen is a superior bike..but us 1st gen riders know better..........:rotf::rotf::rotf:Right 86er?

You tell 'em Buddy! :thumbsup:!!! :beer:

Two leads in two days. I love this place!! Thanx for taking the time to tell me about cajunrsver's MM. I have received pix from him and I am considering the options. I would be extremely blessed to be able to pull the trigger on either of the two bikes I have been led to on this site.

Thanx again.

Jerry

Two leads in two days. I love this place!! Thanx for taking the time to tell me about cajunrsver's MM. I have received pix from him and I am considering the options. I would be extremely blessed to be able to pull the trigger on either of the two bikes I have been led to on this site.

Thanx again.

Jerry

Hey Jerry.....are you going to sell your Wing? Got any details on it? A guy who goes to the same church that I do is looking for one similar to yours. And only a few hours away. If you are interested, send me the details in a pm.

Thanks

Joe

• 5 weeks later...

Deposit on its way to Grapevine, TX. Thanks to 86er, FJR Rider, eagleye, Eck, Midrsv, 2Whlsrollin, cajunrsvr, Stoutman and many others who have taken me to the cusp of Venture ownership. I have learned so much in such a short period of time from this forum. In less than one month, I was led to three (3) MM's in excellent (near showroom) condition.

An extra special thanks to 2Whlsrollin for taking time out on Super Bowl Sunday, no less, to give me a vicarious test ride on the TX bike. I appreciate it very much. If the definition of family includes instinctively looking out for one another, then VR fits the bill perfectly.

I have heard it said that the man with an experience is never at the mercy of the man with an argument. I have come to find this especially true when it comes to the passion we hold so dearly, exploring the open road, taking our time to get somewhere, anywhere, everywhere and nowhere and defending the right of anyone else to do the same. And to top it all off, you (er, very soon "we") get to do it all on a Venture.

Thanx again, Pix to follow soon.

Jerry

Welcom, Always good to have another Venture Rider!:dancefool:

I to am new to this site and have found the folks here very friendly. One thing to watch out for! Some of the G1 riders seem to have Venture Envey, so be carfull I think some of them bite!:yikes:

Post some pic's when you pick up your new ride!

• 1 month later...

After a couple of fumbles (price negotiation issues) and one interception (another buyer showed the money first), I concluded my quest to purchase a 2000 RSV MM Edition on last weekend. Picked up a healthy specimen of my dream bike from a BMW dealer in NJ, after driving through Freebird's Ohio snowstorm. Minor inconvenience considering the reward.

The bike was formerly owned by a fellow member of this forum, JOE MCDERMOTT, who had traded it in on an RT. Thanks, Joe for taking such good care of "our MM". Bike has seen almost 33K miles and has impeccable appearance. Mechanically it appears sound and rides like a stallion. Put approximately 100 miles on her last week, as weather here is still too chilly for long rides. (at least for me, it is)

One significant factor in my buying decision process was the add-on equipment and this bike came with brand new Avon Venom Xs on front and rear and almost all the add-ons I wanted, including, saddlebag rails, passing lamps, drivers' backrest, trunk luggage rack, foam grips, saddlebag liners and many other chrome accessories waiting to be installed. $8,200 out the door. Thanks for the advice, Eck. Only immediate add-on must is the Clearview Shield w/ vent.

She is a beauty and the first MM that I saw in person. Not many RSVs in my neck of the woods and very few dealers here had even seen an MM. She reminds me of Roy Rogers' horse, Trigger, an impeccable Palomino stallion. OK, enough nostalgia.

She also came with an CD changer which I intend to remove, as I have converted my music library to a 40 GB MP3 player which hooks up seamlessly into the Yamaha's audio system and sounds fantastic. Furthermore, the CD is taking up much needed trunk space. Is there anything I should be aware of before removing the CD?

Thanks again to 86er, FJR Rider, eagleye, Eck, Midrsv, 2Whlsrollin, cajunrsvr, Stoutman for all of your advice and assistance which helped make me an informed shopper. As soon as I can clean her up, I will take current pix and post for all who are interested, but in the meantime, I have a couple of pix of the bike, taken in the dealer's showroom which I am attaching to this post.

Midrsv: Kentucky Lake here we come.

jarrejx

Very nice choice of bike and color. You won't have any regrets with this bike. Like you, I find the members here on this site very helpful, they speak from experience. I have learned more about my 2003 RSMV from the members here than I have from the local Yamaha dealers or "stealers" as some of them are referred as.

Welcome to this very large extended VentureRider Family.

Joopster55

Thanks for the welcome, Joopster and I could not agree with you more concerning the vast amount of knowledge and experience available in this forum. I only hope that I can grow in experience, to contribute a fraction of what I receive.

jarrejx

Bike looks great, from my experience the more you ride it the more you will love it, of course I only have about 500 miles on mine:cool10: Good Luck with the new ride, and I hope spring gets here quick so you get to ride. Craig

The one in my pic WAS available near Indy last year. Love the color.

They pop up on eBay or Cycletrader every now and again.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like you did about as good as I did on my 1st RSV (which I should have never sold).

Congrats.

Jerry

Congratulations and welcome to the MM club. I get more complements about my MM than I ever imagined and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Maybe we can me get together sometime when you are in GA.

I am sorry that you now own 2 sets of seats.

Dwight

Jerry

Welcome to the club. There are quite a few us here that are former goldwing owners that have come to appreciate the RSV. I think the 2000 MM RSV is one of the prettiest I've seen. I liked it so much that last year I came close to buying one in D.C. that I found on the 'net. Can't seem to find any up here in Canada. My wife, however, couldn't fall in love with the color the way I did.:crying: Oh, and by the way, if you throw a set of wide whitewalls on 'er, I'll be drooling.......:stickinouttounge:

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey nice bike, but what color are ya gonna paint it?

That beige primer is ok, but Im thinking...maybe red or black!!

:cool10:

Jerry

Congratulations and welcome to the MM club. I get more complements about my MM than I ever imagined and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Maybe we can me get together sometime when you are in GA.

I am sorry that you now own 2 sets of seats.

Dwight

Hey Dwight,

Nice to hear from you and thanx for the welcome. The extra set of seats won't just lie around, as my brother-in-law is in the process of buying the other RSV I was considering at that time. I may do a switch, however, and keep the ones showing the least wear. Purchase does have its privileges. :)

Looking forward to meeting you sometime while in GA or at a VR event in the future. We still plan on traveling to ATL to deliver the son's furniture on this Friday. Next time, I hope to be traveling on two wheels. The weather here has only afforded minimal riding, however, enough for me to know that the performance of this MM is not overshadowed by its awesome looks. A different ride from the Gold Wing, as I expected, but just as enjoyable. However, I expect it to blow the GW experience from my mind once I hit the interstate.

Thanx again.

Jerry