IGNORED

New member looking for 2000 RSV MM Ltd

jarrejx

After a couple of fumbles (price negotiation issues) and one interception (another buyer showed the money first), I concluded my quest to purchase a 2000 RSV MM Edition on last weekend. Picked up a healthy specimen of my dream bike from a BMW dealer in NJ, after driving through Freebird's Ohio snowstorm. Minor inconvenience considering the reward.

The bike was formerly owned by a fellow member of this forum, JOE MCDERMOTT, who had traded it in on an RT. Thanks, Joe for taking such good care of "our MM". Bike has seen almost 33K miles and has impeccable appearance. Mechanically it appears sound and rides like a stallion. Put approximately 100 miles on her last week, as weather here is still too chilly for long rides. (at least for me, it is)

One significant factor in my buying decision process was the add-on equipment and this bike came with brand new Avon Venom Xs on front and rear and almost all the add-ons I wanted, including, saddlebag rails, passing lamps, drivers' backrest, trunk luggage rack, foam grips, saddlebag liners and many other chrome accessories waiting to be installed. $8,200 out the door. Thanks for the advice, Eck. Only immediate add-on must is the Clearview Shield w/ vent.

She is a beauty and the first MM that I saw in person. Not many RSVs in my neck of the woods and very few dealers here had even seen an MM. She reminds me of Roy Rogers' horse, Trigger, an impeccable Palomino stallion. OK, enough nostalgia.

She also came with an CD changer which I intend to remove, as I have converted my music library to a 40 GB MP3 player which hooks up seamlessly into the Yamaha's audio system and sounds fantastic. Furthermore, the CD is taking up much needed trunk space. Is there anything I should be aware of before removing the CD?

Thanks again to 86er, FJR Rider, eagleye, Eck, Midrsv, 2Whlsrollin, cajunrsvr, Stoutman for all of your advice and assistance which helped make me an informed shopper. As soon as I can clean her up, I will take current pix and post for all who are interested, but in the meantime, I have a couple of pix of the bike, taken in the dealer's showroom which I am attaching to this post.

Midrsv: Kentucky Lake here we come.

jarrejx

Congratulation!!!

I do like the color! Found mine in Dumas TX. in July of 2004. Always get compliments on mine. Would not believe how many ask "Is that a Harley?"

This one is still available near the Twin Cities.

Curt

"I have a very nice MM Limited with 18,905 miles for sale. (0478/1500). It is a one owner bike and serviced totally by a Yamaha dealer. It includes trailer hitch, flag holder, RAM mount system for Ipod or MP3 player. New tires and new stock RK mufflers. Both installed late last year. (I have the stock Yamaha muffs in a box also). Stored in heated garage since purchased. Selling because I have purchased a trike. .

651-464-4233

Randy "

061.JPG Description: Filesize: 111.34 KB Viewed: 67 Time(s)

http://www.venturers.org/Forum/memberuploads/061_177.jpg