IGNORED

SORRY but I HAVE to.

BuddyRich

I have to raise the price of the BuddyRich cable to 50 dollars. I have enough parts to do another 20 cables then after that it questionable if I will be able to continue . I use a specific transformer in the circuit and about six months ago radio shack stopped carrying it. That transformer is why you can talk at 80mph and the other person can't even tell your on a bike .So if you have been sitting on the fence about getting one of these you may want to go ahead and get one. It maybe up to three weeks after you order before I can get it out to you if I get a bunch of orders. If I can find a new source for my parts I may continue to make them. If so I'll update this post.. Thanks everyone. I really never made a dime off them but it was fun having something that only VR.org could offer to its members. ( I think that's the only reason Don let me hang around so long):doh::rotf:

Buddy, I bought one of your cables a few years ago and that is the one thing I miss most when I switched to the Goldwing. Your cable and the bluetooth integration on the Venture was perfect. I can't find anything that works well on the GW. If I'm accelerating the other party can't hear me at all. Your cable on the Venture was perfect all the time. Good luck with the components.

Dennis

If you have a blue tooth capable GPS it allows you to connect your GPS thru the AUX port by the cassette (or a secondary cable if you have added one) and allows you to plug your blue tooth GPS into the Comm harness on the bike to talk on the phone if you wish. Did I get that right guys?

What does the cable do for you?

I have this same question.

I have done a lot of reading about the cable but it still isn't quite clear to me as to exactly what it does. I admit to not being the sharpest knife in the the drawer.

I sent Buddy a message asking but never got a response. I figured it was a dumb question.

Ray

Edited by rstacy

If you have a blue tooth capable GPS it allows you to connect your GPS thru the AUX port by the cassette (or a secondary cable if you have added one) and allows you to plug your blue tooth GPS into the Comm harness on the bike to talk on the phone if you wish. Did I get that right guys?

Its a 2nd Gen thing?

They will work on 1st gens DAN :rasberry:. Just let me know its a first gen and I'll make a shorter version of it. You first gen guys will have to use a cassette adapter to hook up the Zumo's line out.

For those new, my cable hooks up the riders mic to the Zumo's or Certain Nuvi's "Mic IN". That way when you get a call on your phone (Bluetooth paired) it pops up on the Zumo, you select answer and just start talking thru you helmet headset mic.

Don't think they have been fully explained for a while Buddy. Yours are not as costly as some of the items for these communication systems. I caught a headset on line a while ago at a great price til I got it and found mic missing. Did no good to complain and mic will cost a bunch for the thing. Will your cables just work on Nuvi's and Zumo's? I have a Tom Tom right now. Just got a new one.Sounds as if your cable would be great for phone users. I won't use mine while riding.Guess I'll move into this century about 2050!!

I used to manage a RadioShack store. From time to time they'd pull all of a discontinued product from the stores to fill a customer order. They do that because they want them gone.

They also give a discount on components if you buy in quantity.

If you call their 800 number they will route the call to your local district sales office based on the caller ID. The District Sales Administrator should be able to help you out.

Having said all that, you can probably find the same component for less elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
So now I would like this clarified.

I have an 85 Royale and have removed the cassette deck.

Do you have a cable that will let me use my helmet set to talk to my phone through the blue tooth Zumo 660.

He does but you have to step up to a 2nd Gen !

Only kidding... I have the Buddy Rich cable and it plugs in inside the fairing. I also have the Zumo 660 and thru the intercom can make or receive calls. It doesn't use the input on the cassette.