IGNORED

Our First Partiot Guard Ride.

GolfVenture

This was our 1st Patriot Guard Ride, this past Saturday. It was to honor a young 21 year old local hero who died in an Army training mission. He had completed 1 tour in Afghanistan. They requested the Patriot Guards to do just a flag line at the church. We were called to attention when the mother and the grandparents made a special point to come out and shake each of our hands thanking us for our participation. I rarely tear up so this was a rare occasion for me. It was such an honor to meet the family and a heart felt experience.

I’ve included a few pictures of the group. The last picture is on the old Buckley Hwy, with Mt Rainier in the back ground, and my wife Rachel and Cherry Pie, my 91 Venture. Actually our 1st Patriot Guard mission was a hospitality mission back in the summer of 2011, where we drove our truck and trailer to help moved a recent widow of another one of our young fallen veteran hero.

PGR honor missions are one of the best things I ever became involved in. Your presence there WILL make a difference and you'll never know the comfort it brings to a grieving family, to see that there are people who do care about the sacrifice they and their loved one have made.

It's the right thing to do.

Thank you Sir for what you do for the families. I know the feeling and it almost brings tears to my eyes as I read your post. The PGR is and always will be close to my heart and the best thing anyone or I could ever do as a bike rider.

Fuzzy

... help from someone local to Ft Colllins, CO, on how to mount a flag holder on my 86 VR I am just NOT that mechanically inclined. However, ... I am retired and think this is one of the highest honors in riding. Thanks :fingers-crossed-emofor any referrals for help.

Jack T

... help from someone local to Ft Colllins, CO, on how to mount a flag holder on my 86 VR I am just NOT that mechanically inclined. However, ... I am retired and think this is one of the highest honors in riding. Thanks :fingers-crossed-emofor any referrals for help.

Jack T

Hope I can help you. This is why I started making these.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=34

Just give me a call if you do not have PayPal and we can work something out with a check or money order if your interested.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

I too am a PGR member, my only regret is I cant make more missions, it is such an honor to stand for our fallen hero's. My work schedule just doesn't allow me to do as many as I want too. I am always impressed with the turnout of people welcoming the fallen hero's home, I think back at how our service personal were welcomed back from Vietnam, and I am ashamed of how our military were treated. Times have changed, now we stand for them and honor them, way too late for some, but well deserved.

Thanks for your participation, and to everyone else who is a member of PGR,

Thank you for attending to honor this fallen hero. Now that you have broken the ice, so to speak, you will attend many more. I have been a member since the early start of PGR and have assembled many times. Remember that you can not make all of them, so don't beat on yourself for missing some.

:farmer:

Congrats Golf, I too have joined the PGR and live near 3 National Cemeterys so I am sure it will keep me busy. I come from a big military family and am a Vietnam Vet myself. Dragonrider you sure got it right. I for one am glad to see the support of our troops today compared to my time and will feel proud to stand for those who have served as well, especially those from my time.

PS Great work on the holders for the big flags Fuzzy! :backinmyday:

Thank you for taking the time out of your lives to ride with the PGR and honor our Fallen Hero's. I have learned two very important things riding with the PGR

1. No matter how many missions you ride you will never lose that emotion you felt on your first mission. Every mission will touch your heart in some way . . . and that is good.

2. You will strengthen someone by your presence. It may be the direct family, a veteran that never was properly thanked and appreciated for his or her service, or maybe even a casual passerby who is reminded of the sacrifices our military personal past, present and future have made, and will continue to make, for us . . . and that to is good.

Thanks for doing this....it means so much to the families. I have been involved on and off with the PGR since I saw them stand for one of my son's fellow Marines who was killed in Iraq in November of '06 (an unfortunate victim of "friendly fire"), and it has been a life-changing experience for us. We now count some of the folks we've met through the PGR as some of our closest friends. Even though we've not been able to make as many missions as we'd like lately, we think our involvement has both enriched our lives, and has given us an opportunity to touch countless other lives by showing that there are people out there who won't ever let our Heroes be ignored or scorned ever again, as they were back in the 60's and 70's. And the PGR, through its primary mission statement, has successfully thwarted any efforts by radical nutheads like the WBC from interfering with or disrupting the funeral services for our KIA's.

So as they say, "ignore the flak and fly the mission", and be there when and where you can to stand for those who stood for us. It's a great honor we have as Americans to have the freedom to do something like this, and is a great way to both pay it back, and pay it forward. And never, ever feel guilty if you can't always be there for a posted mission - - just follow your heart, and it will lead you where you need to be.

Welcome to the PGR family!

Everything said is of my thoughts as well.

It's always amazed me when the family comes out to thank us... and they are the ones we are honoring as well as the fallen soldier.

I tear up frequently as well.

:900[1]:

I've been on the fence about joining since I travel so much, but like it's been said, even being there once would be worth it if it comforts one person or family.

My daughter's unit lost 3 during her tour. When they did the final formation for "dismissal" after Green Ramp, I turned to see the father of one of the fallen heroes standing beside me with tears streaming down his face, knowing his son wasn't there to be dismissed back to their family. I put my arm on his shoulder and cried with him. No words were said. One of the saddest times for me.

My daughter was injured, but survived. I feel lucky and blessed every day that she came home.

I ride when I can. Most of the time work keeps me away. BUt I am still a proud pgrmember just in a different form. Some call it prayer guard riders. I keep up as best I can with the local rides and If I cant be there in person I stop whatIm doing and send a little lnee mail. Its not much but it is something. These member of our fighting forces( past , present , and future ) and their families deserve more than we will ever be able to repay.

I joined late one night when I was on the computer because my own chilkdren were on my mind. They past away one at birth and the other 46 days later. Im sure thay led me to the pgr because I had never heard of them before that night. Not even sure how I found the site I just did. As already stated on the 1st mission I realised why they took me there. To help. To say to any who want to listen that they are not alone and we will stand and honor listen and offer a shoulder to cry on if needed.

sorry it seems that ive rambled more than I intended.

David

Welcome Golf. The PGR is a great group with a very important mission. It's awesome to have as many involved as there are. Kind of brings back your faith in people. Like many have said, some of the best people I have ever met are with the PGR. I guess that's why so many from this group are there.

Thanks for your dedication.

Joining the Patriot Guard in 2004 was the best thing I ever did for myself in coping with PTSD. As a Nam Vet I long ago gave up on this Country doing anything for me....but the important thing to me is that no returning Warrior (dead or alive) is ignored or treated with disrespect.

With every Mission (450+ now) I give back to those who are serving today and I do it with RESPECT.

Boomer...who has always said "I will stand with the Patriot Guard until the Patriot Guard stands for me."

joining the patriot guard in 2004 was the best thing i ever did for myself in coping with ptsd. As a nam vet i long ago gave up on this country doing anything for me....but the important thing to me is that no returning warrior (dead or alive) is ignored or treated with disrespect.

with every mission (450+ now) i give back to those who are serving today and i do it with respect.

boomer...who has always said "i will stand with the patriot guard until the patriot guard stands for me."

welcome home boomer!!!!!