IGNORED

Now I'm really angry.....

Snaggletooth

This morning about 6:00 AM my daughter was driving her car headed to her job on a two lane road just outside of the city. This is a fairly busy road during the day but not so much at the time of morning. She was doing about 55 mph and heard a scraping noise and the car jerked to the left and slid into the oncoming lane. She couldn't control the car as she slid.

She ended up sitting on the edge of the road (no shoulder there) on the oncoming side. She got out to find both front tires flat and a rear losing air. There was a LOT of barbed wire caught under the car and wrapped up in the front suspension.

She called 911 as she was alone on the road and no one had come along yet. The Sheriffs Dept responded in good time and helped her contact a friend of mine and made towing arrangements. They got her car safely off the road and to the shop.

So a tow bill, three new tires and daughter is okay. Car will survive with a few minor repairs.

So... stuff happens on the rural roads right? Stuff falls off trucks, farmers drag stuff out of the fields, and all that.

BUT.... come to find out tonight this is the third time this has happend to drivers in the last 6 days in that same area in the early mornings. What the H***?

Does this sound like a mishap? An accident? Not to me. The tow driver said he cut off almost 75 feet of barbed wire off the car. It looked like the wire had been looped around a tree trunk as the bark had been scalped off.

Me.... I'm just sitting here smoldering figuring out how to make a slip knot for a noose out of barbed wire.

I'm thrilled my kid is ok and unharmed but a bit scary for myself also. I run that same road on my bike about every Sunday morning headed out for my Sunday ride.

So what are the odds of catching the fool doing this? Probably not very high. Not good at all.

I just have this thing about justice. This joker needs to be caught and damned fast before some one gets killed.

I'll shut up now..... I need to practice on my knot.

:rant:

Mike

Lynching has been illegal for quite a while.

Unfortunately, as there are some folks who are alive simply because it's illegal to ....... Well, you get the idea; Glad she's ok and even more glad that it wasn't you on your bike. THAT would have been a disaster. Hope you (or better yet the Sheriff) catch the SOB that's doing this!!

Unfortunately, as there are some folks who are alive simply because it's illegal to ....... Well, you get the idea;

Man ain't that the truth. From what I read about history public hanging did a pretty good job of keeping the riff raff in line ..... or on line. :crackup:

I'm still ticked but I can still laugh. I'll make it. Still got the urge to :buttkick:

Lynching has been illegal for quite a while.

Only when advertized have one privately!!! Cut the barbs off where you need it to slip, leave barbs in the front area and behind the slip-knot for a sticky hand hold!! Only the shadow knows. :stirthepot:

Just think riding a bike through there!!!!!!!

BUT.... come to find out tonight this is the third time this has happend to drivers in the last 6 days in that same area in the early mornings. What the H***?

Does this sound like a mishap? An accident? Not to me....

So what are the odds of catching the fool doing this? Probably not very high. Not good at all.

I just have this thing about justice. This joker needs to be caught and damned fast before some one gets killed.

Mike

Sound very suspect to me as well. You would think that after several incidents IN THE SAME AREA, the Police would looking out for it?

Maybe it's time to get some research & stats & make some noise at the local PD & the media in the area!

Glad your daughter is ok. THAT'S the important thing.

Mike, i'm glad your Daughter is OK, sooner or later this SOB will get caught. Then we'll see how it goes from there ...

I really think, the PD should be all over this. Placing Barb Wire across a Street is not an Infringement, it's a murder Case.