IGNORED

Bit the dust....literally

Iowawegian

Last week I decided to save gas money and start riding my Virago to work. We live on a mile of gravel, which I have driven for 13 years.

I have to head east to get to the closest black top and the sun was directly in my eyes....met the school bus so I moved over to the right and caught a deep rut in the road. The bike shot out from underneath me and I flew off rolling towards the opposite side of the road. Knocked the wind out of me and my back was killing me.

It was the first time in 8 yrs I had not put my cell phone on my waist bag and of course it was in my purse in the saddle bag. Wouldn't you know by the time I crawled back to my bike, I could see it was on the side that went down.

Long story short, I had to limp back home about 3/4 of a mile to get to our land line to call the hubby.

Had all my leathers on and helmet. Everything is scratched up...and I feel lucky. I was sure I had broken all my ribs on the left side but doc says bad bruising, no broken bones.

Hurt like He## all weekend and am slowly healing. I feel very lucky!

I have always carried that phone on me for this very reason, and the one day I put it in my bag, I needed it. Live and learn...

Glad you came out of that ok, except for the scrapes and bruises. 3/4 of a mile may as well have been 10 miles when your hurting. Hope you feel better soon....

Glad you came out of that ok, except for the scrapes and bruises. 3/4 of a mile may as well have been 10 miles when your hurting. Hope you feel better soon....

+1 to that! :yikes:

I used to keep my cell phone in the trunk and had similar thoughts. Now that I wear a crash jacket it is very convenient to toss it in the zipper/waterproof pocket and call it good. Glad you are mostly okay, hope the recovery is quick, complete and as painless as possible!

DEB!!!!! :yikes: So glad to hear you are in as good as shape as you are. :thumbsup2: Sorry to hear about the Virago but YOU are what is important!

The school bus did not stop? :think: I think someone should have a talk with that driver and school board! :mo money:

See you soon and heal fast,

Bryan

Glad to hear you're not TOO damaged. Messed up ribs are not my favorite kind of pain and then having to go that 3/4 mile to the house....... you're a tough one kiddo!

Hope you heal quick and the bike is not to bad.

So that's one hard reminder to keep my cell in the inner pouch in my jacket. I keep forgetting about that lil pocket.

Maybe we need one of those alert button that sends a message like, "HELP! I've high sided and I can't get up!"

Heal well,

Mike

Heal fast! Although I hate to hear when someone goes down, I'm glad when it's the person that went down tell us rather than someone else because it means you are OK enough to type and not in a coma or something. You're lucky it's just bruised ribs, when I went down I broke 3 of them along with a rotator cuff injury. I rode the bike home in great pain and ended up in the fetal position on the couch for days...

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words. Wed I ended up sneezing at work and by the time I got home, I was in so much pain, the hubby took me to ER.

Had to have a cat scan, now I have broken those 2 ribs!

Thank goodness for strong pain killers!

School bus driver had no way of seeing me as she was headed down hill right after she met me!

Just bummed that I won't be able to ride for awhile!

Thanks again for all of your concerns!!:bighug:

Deb

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words. Wed I ended up sneezing at work and by the time I got home, I was in so much pain, the hubby took me to ER.

Had to have a cat scan, now I have broken those 2 ribs!

Thank goodness for strong pain killers!

:bighug:

Deb

Always knew you were a "delicate" lady.... But WOW. Sneezing so hard you broke two ribs????:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously, sorry to read about your mishap. Take things easy for a while and heal up so you can get back in the saddle real soon.

:15_8_211[1]: