IGNORED

What Anti-virus software ?

ragtop69gs

Been using AVG free edition for several years up till now it did a good job. After doing a few different scans with other trusted online scanners, found 3 different Trojans hiding on my system ! I've got them cleaned out now and think it's time to switch AV programs . What AV programs are doing a good job these days?

I use AVG and havnt had an issue, but I also run a scan with SuperAntispyware once a month or so. its free download and just needs to be scanned and updated once in a while.

Brian

Go to snapfiles free downloads here: http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/ and then put SuperAntispyware in the search window in top left.

Edited by friesman
added snapfiles link

I'm a fan of Norton also. I've heard others complain about excessive overhead and etc. but I've never had a problem with it. I've been using Norton for more than 20 years and it has always done a great job for me. The first thing I do when I get a new computer is to remove whatever other virus protection they shipped it with and install Norton.

We used Norton at our office for our network. A virus got past it and disabled our firewall and anti virus. It cost me almost $1,000 to get our computers cleaned up. Mine was so bad it had to be wiped cleaned and reloaded. Our computer tech recommended AVAST. We haven't had any problems since.

:doh: I guess this is like asking which oil I should use I think I'll try Avast 1st , I'm running that on my wifes and so far so good. I should add that she doesn't do nearly as much online stuff as I do though, so it may not be a good comparison.

Think I'll also give SuperAntispyware a try, I've read some good things about it.

I also use Superantispyware as well. But I have been using the "Pro" version for many years. It has gotten rid of viruses that all the others have missed. But you also have to realize that no single AV software will get everything. You also have to be careful when downloading and installing most so-called free software from the internet. They say they're free, but after you install it and do a scan, you have to buy it in order to fix the problem.

Good luck

Bill

I use a host of different products. AVG, Spy bot S&D, MBAM, Ad-aware, Comodo. None of the fore mentioned caught those 3 trojans!

I agree that most freeware is a problem, as is a lot of banner ads you see on the internet that have assorted spyware in them. Downloads dot com and Gaming site's are also bad for that.

Free AVG is good but will not catch everything, I used free AVG for years, then decided to go with AVG Internet Security, had it about 6 years, I have 3 License with no virus. Here's why I like AVG, use less memory, don't keep track of my history, stuff like where I go who I'm talking to and so on. I have tryed others , no comparison.

I use Apple Mac. Buy computer, set firewall, set stealth mode, file vault and you are done, all that built in to OS. Never use any ant virus software since 1999, and, still virus and spyware free. Stupid fruit company.

:group cheers:

Ditto on the MacPro and MacBookPro

I do have AVG on the other 3 PC's

I use Apple Mac. Buy computer, set firewall, set stealth mode, file vault and you are done, all that built in to OS. Never use any ant virus software since 1999, and, still virus and spyware free. Stupid fruit company.

:group cheers:

I had Mac's in the distant past, when there wasn't much software out there for them. Now I'm lost when I get on a Mac :whistling: