IGNORED

Kids Are Different These Days, Who Knew!?!?

skydoc_17

My brother and I put this custom go cart together for my 13 year old Nephew for Christmas, he said, "Gee Thanks Uncle Earl, but I really wanted an XBOX"! Go Figure! Anyone want a screamin' BumbleBee Go Cart for Christmas? I'm so mad I'd sell it for half what it is worth!:confused24:

Earl

Can you put this 1200 engine i have on there??

Kids seem strange nowdays Earl. 8 grandkids in a room this evening with all kinds of toys, movies, video games and things got real quiet. All kids huddled in middle of the floor over something!! Were they killing one of them?? Went to look and a little 25 cent top in the middle of the huddle making the rounds.

Hang in there Earl, no sense trying to figure these kids out! But I bet once he takes a few laps in that baby he will change his tune! I bought my 10yr old grandson a craftsman socket/tool set, I will probably get the same reaction, but maybe not:fingers-crossed-emo

Merry Christmas, Craig

All my grand-sons would 'kill' for that machine,,,,, they just have to put up with old lawn tractors,,, one family is into rebuilding Wheel Horse tractors.

And that is another reason why Marca and I have given up with presents. We (North Americans) got all we need and mostly what we want, and so don't really appreciate a present anymore. So we do other things to make times special.

After much thought, I have placed the Go Cart in the Classifieds, as well as offering it locally for sale. The boy's mother got him the XBOX, and I went out and got him a game for it. Growing up as a kid, I can honestly say that I never thumbed my nose at ANY present I ever received. Which means I wore a few Reindeer Sweaters, or goofy hats with the furry ear muff flaps on them. I even wore a sweater my grandmother made that had 3 arms on it! (She obviously had a LOT of time, and a LOT of yarn!)

I guess times have changed, and I am willing to be flexible as well. Someone is going to get a great Go Cart, at an excellent price. At 13, I would have chewed my foot off for this ride! (NOT my gas peddle foot!) Here is a link to the Classified Ad:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3881&title=6-5-hp-go-cart-for-sale-21&cat=13

Thanks for helping me understand "The way of the world" as it is today.:thumbsup2:

Merry Christmas,

Earl

Hang in there Earl, no sense trying to figure these kids out! But I bet once he takes a few laps in that baby he will change his tune! I bought my 10yr old grandson a craftsman socket/tool set, I will probably get the same reaction, but maybe not:fingers-crossed-emo

Merry Christmas, Craig

I'd be cautious about parking my motorcycle unattended anywhere near him for a while.

:080402gudl_prv:

If my kids were younger I would be on my way to PA to pick this up. Great deal for someone. They all want cars and motorcycles now (already have the XBox).

Wow, with lights even.

My Dad got us a go cart when we were about 10 yo or so. Great fun for several years (and a few scrapes but nothing broken). Good times, good times.

RR

I think I'd just say "sorry you don't like it" and that would be that.

You invested a lot of time effort and money into his gift.

If he doesn't like it then sell it.

But I wouldn't be buying him a "replacement"

What if he doesn't like the game...you gonna exchange it for another one?

If you are going to buy a kid an expensive gift it might be a good idea to find out what interests him first. It is not fair to the child to purchase something and then complain because he has no interest in it. One trip to the local go cart track might have been enough for you to gage his interest. Oh and don't be surprised when his interests change over time either.

Mike

Next year the kid gets a rock in his stocking. Christmas is out of hand these days.

Yep. It's supposed to be about the giving, isn't it? Pretty ungrateful kid.

Probably a good thing I am not the kid's dad.:motorcyclehelmet:

RandyA

Me, too.

I think I'd just say "sorry you don't like it" and that would be that.

You invested a lot of time effort and money into his gift.

If he doesn't like it then sell it.

But I wouldn't be buying him a "replacement"

What if he doesn't like the game...you gonna exchange it for another one?

Ain't that the truth!

If you are going to buy a kid an expensive gift it might be a good idea to find out what interests him first. It is not fair to the child to purchase something and then complain because he has no interest in it. One trip to the local go cart track might have been enough for you to gage his interest. Oh and don't be surprised when his interests change over time either.

Mike

Maybe, but, as a kid I didn't always get what I wanted, but, I always wanted what I got. My uncle was a jeweler & I probably wouldn't have bought the pieces he gave me, but, I always liked them because of who it came from. It ain't old-fashioned, it's common sense & courtesy & gratefulness. No one owes me anything.

You didn't have to put all that time, money & energy into the gift, but, you did it FOR THE KID. His folks need to set him straight. You did a wonderful thing. Now it's his loss, not yours.

In spite of everything, Merry Christmas to you all.