KIC

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:sign yeah that:

Those chrome "T"s just make it easier to reach the helmet lock up under the trunk box.

Like Randy said, put the "T" through the helmet strap loops and lock the base of the "T" onto the helmet lock.

Your bike looks like a twin to my 88. A lot of the same chrome extra's too!

I thought I got a deal at $2100 including a HF trailer with box..but I think you might have done a tad better!

Here's what mine looks like....like I said...almost a twin! I do have the saddle bag top rails...just not installed on these pictures.

I was told to watch out for the radio connection box that clips onto the front of the trunk...they have a bad habit of walking away!

OK Steve...............I am confussed. You live in Ontario but have Illinois plates on the scooter:think:

I posted a copy of the picture that was part of the EBAY listing from when I bought it in Aurora Il.

Friends drove me to Watertown NY, took a bus to Syracuse, then train to Chicago, commuter train to Aurora, taxi to the house....gave it a quick look over and drove it home about 1100 miles (including detours!)

ROOKIE..??? ME ? I have yet began to blow up this forum with my many needy questions. Rode the bike for 40 miles in town today running errands ( and making show off stops).

I do have a few questions to start:

1) OIL.... I have heard that it is better to use diesel oil. Is this true ? If so what brand type/weight etc ?

2) Front fork seals... Is there any special tools needed ? I have done my KLR650 seals before and had to make some special tools for it.

3) What is the preferred tire pressure for these puppies ?

4) Where is the best/cheapest place to get progressive springs for the front ?

5) Any special recommended spark plugs ?

I'll just start with those and let the list grow from there.... :starz:

OIL You mean you have to put oil in them 1st gen's:whistling:

Its going to be a loooooong winter!!

OK Dan............this has got to be you posting under an assumed name (kic) or yopur twin brother.

:doh::doh::doh:

I did notice in KIC's profile that he offers lodging so I am thinking winter road trip to southern Arizona is in the works. I will get the Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin group together someone else get the east coast and Canada riders. Man won't he be surprised when a few of us show up.:big-grin-emoticon:

OK Dan............this has got to be you posting under an assumed name (kic) or yopur twin brother.

:doh::doh::doh:

I did notice in KIC's profile that he offers lodging so I am thinking winter road trip to southern Arizona is in the works. I will get the Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin group together someone else get the east coast and Canada riders. Man won't he be surprised when a few of us show up.:big-grin-emoticon:

Sure no problem Here's the address:

1270 West Silverlake Road

Tucson, Arizona

Feel free to google it for directions. Welcome you with open arms....:cool10:

Sure no problem Here's the address:

1270 West Silverlake Road

Tucson, Arizona

Feel free to google it for directions. Welcome you with open arms....:cool10:

Hmmmmmmmmm............

Sounds like a setup to me...........:scared:

But that is a nice kidney shaped pool in your backyard on the street that sounds like a fireplace rock.:big-grin-emoticon:

At least thats where I'll show up.

And how come you have no grass for me to set my tent up on?

Edited by Flyinfool

Hmmmmmmmmm............

Sounds like a setup to me...........:scared:

But that is a nice kidney shaped pool in your backyard on the street that sounds like a fireplace rock.:big-grin-emoticon:

At least thats where I'll show up.

And how come you have no grass for me to set my tent up on?

You my friend are a dangerous person........