New to the Venture..quick question..

KIC

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife is home....Someday we'll have to introduce you to the "BOSS".. Better yet, ride that antique down to MD in June and meet him yourself.........Don't forget you have to buy the ice cream "Newbie"....Plan for around 300 banana splits.......:fnd_(16):

Ahhh..sorry my mistake. I'll plan on the bananas and ice cream but it's obvious the nuts will already be there..

And I'll be riding the 1st Genner cherry....:sun:

Think that should be Buy anybody have the number for the Humane Society and wheres that emoticon for beating a dead horse. :stickinouttounge:

Yep it should have said buy ...part of the problem of typing on a smart phone when the font is like size 1.

Think that should be Buy anybody have the number for the Humane Society and wheres that emoticon for beating a dead horse. :stickinouttounge:

Once again, I'm there for you. Actually had this in my library.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/deadhorse-1.gif

Gary

Maybe we were a little too rough on them. I made two New Year resolutions. The first was to be much nicer to 2nd Genners since they are people too. And, the second resolution was to be sure to break the first resolution as soon as possible. :)

Went for a 300 mile ride today with my friend and his blonde 83'. The 89 rode well. Filled my Ipod stick with nothing but Jimmy Buffett. What a great way to start the year !

Love the power when passing or entering the freeway. The bike didn't have any issues, so I am still really pleased with the bike. Had her 2 weeks now and still smilin' :)

Rough day of riding today...almost hit 80 degrees..had to take the liner out of the jacket.Looks like a "cold front" is moving in over the weekend.... Hey Big Tom..how'd your riding go today ????

Did you get your snow blower out of 2nd gear ???? :rotf:

just picked up my venture fri 12/30. I love it so far. Is there anything that I should know for breaking in the engine or anything I should do? This weekend was great for riding.

Welcome !! You'll mostly get ice cream suggestions from the 2nd Genners here...you might want to post over in the 2nd Generation Tech section where they will they will be able to tell you how to baby that 2nd Genner. The 1st Genners need and desire to ridden hard and used. The 2nd Genners need ample garage time and rest and relaxation... :rotf:

just picked up my venture fri 12/30. I love it so far. Is there anything that I should know for breaking in the engine or anything I should do? This weekend was great for riding.

welcome aboard and congratulation on your new RSV. Anything you need to know about your new ride can be found right here, just ask, you will get many answers. Some of them will even be right:innocent: I started out with a "99" RSV last year. Thanks to this site And all the great friendly advice and technical info I now own two "99's" one with 2 wheels, this ones for fun, and one with three wheels, this one is for long rides with my wife and hauling a trailer. At least thats the plan. The best part about the Venture is all the great friends we have made here.:thumbsup2:

My opinion is to ride it pretty hard. The seating of the rings, in my opinion, is more effective if done under load. Not lugging, but wide open throttle in the mid rpm range up to maybe 6,000 rpm's. In today's machining techniques it may not be as critical as the old days when people babied their new engines during breakin and then wondered why the engine always used a little oil. The rings never seated properly.

These are absolutely fabulous engines and the do like to rev. Don't ride it like a V twin where you lug it all the time and then don't feel it has the power it should. My 83 routinely sees up to 8,000 rpm's and it has over 150,000 miles on it.

RandyA