New to the Venture..quick question..

KIC

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The wifey isn't too upset this time. Last time I went to Phoenix to buy 1 bike I came back with 4 bikes AND a 3 rail motorcycle trailer. My friend is coming to pick up the two TWs in 2 weeks so it is looking good .

:bighug:

Edited by KIC

Okay guys.. first of all... I am now a paid member having already got way more than my $12.00 worth.

Second, due to the help and guidance from a lot of you, I was able to make the right decision on buying the bike, and actually now know I scored a pretty good deal overall.

Once I did a light cleaning on the bike, the overall looks improve 200%. I also realized that I got a lot more on this bike than I first realized. I even found a set of new front fork seals in the trunk. Came with a owners manual and a Yamaha manual. Back rest, neat rear lights, custom paint job, new tires, and only a little minor body damage on the left side from falling over. :cool10:

Here are a few pictures of the bike:

DSC00284.JPG

Edited by KIC

Hey Kic,

Very nice bike! Is this the bike that was going for $1500.00?

If so, I say you got a heck of a deal!

Take it for a ride, and let us know what you think!:thumbsup2:

Earl

Yes. The guy was asking $2,000.00. I had concerns and it was dirty and didn't look too nice. I offered him $1,500.00. H eturned me down. After all the info I got from the group here, I had 2nd thoughts as to getting it. His other deal fell through and he called me and said it was mine for $1,500.00. Once I got it cleaned up and realized all the extras it had on it I think I scored at $1,500.00

By the way... anybody know what these are, and tell me where these go ? And I mean on the bike. They look like some type of tie down extension or ..???

By the way... anybody know what these are, and tell me where these go ? And I mean on the bike. They look like some type of tie down extension or ..???

They are for locking your helmet to the bike. ie: put the tab thru the D-rings on your chinstrap, and lock via the hole at the base of the T

:sign yeah that:

Those chrome "T"s just make it easier to reach the helmet lock up under the trunk box.

Like Randy said, put the "T" through the helmet strap loops and lock the base of the "T" onto the helmet lock.

Your bike looks like a twin to my 88. A lot of the same chrome extra's too!

I thought I got a deal at $2100 including a HF trailer with box..but I think you might have done a tad better!

Here's what mine looks like....like I said...almost a twin! I do have the saddle bag top rails...just not installed on these pictures.

I was told to watch out for the radio connection box that clips onto the front of the trunk...they have a bad habit of walking away!

Edited by Trader
forgot pics!

:sign yeah that:

Those chrome "T"s just make it easier to reach the helmet lock up under the trunk box.

Like Randy said, put the "T" through the helmet strap loops and lock the base of the "T" onto the helmet lock.

Your bike looks like a twin to my 88. A lot of the same chrome extra's too!

I thought I got a deal at $2100 including a HF trailer with box..but I think you might have done a tad better!

Here's what mine looks like....like I said...almost a twin! I do have the saddle bag top rails...just not installed on these pictures.

I was told to watch out for the radio connection box that clips onto the front of the trunk...they have a bad habit of walking away!

Boy they do look similar. Except you have my front driver floorboards. Please send them back to me. Thanks...:happy65:

I think if there is a "C" in the vin it is a California bike. Which letter I am not sure, if you google your vin it may come up or I am sure someone here will know.

There is a green 2 wire connector on the left side of bike near the upper frame rail, near carbs. This goes to an evaporation canister gizmo.

There is no benefit power wise in removing it that I am aware of.

Only Cal. bikes use this connector.

Gary

Hey Gary ain't that the one that is connected to the ejection seat??:whistling::whistling:

What else am I going to do sitting here in the middle of the night???

I think we got this one hooked. You notice title to thread. New to Venture Quick Question... 4 pages ago....

Welcome KIC!! I think you will fit right in. Just don't ask that one question!!!!