IGNORED

Where was Driver Dan?????????

IH Truck Guy

They havnt found a way to clone you yet? then you could do the work of 4 guys....not just 2.

Brian

Sorry Brian,that would be wrong......

BTW,the load that was going to Saskatoon was brokered out......

I couldn't be there and Winnipeg at the same time......:crying:

Toronto Island Airport

:sign yeah that:

Also known as Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport after WW I ace

Here's what Wikkopedia says about his medals.

VICTORIA CROSS

For most conspicuous bravery, determination, and skill. Captain Bishop, who had been sent out to work independently, flew first of all to an enemy aerodrome; finding no machines about, he flew on to another aerodrome about three miles southeast, which was at least 12 miles the other side of the line. Seven machines, some with their engines running, were on the ground. He attacked these from about fifty feet, and a mechanic, who was starting one of the engines, was seen to fall. One of the machines got off the ground, but at a height of 60 feet, Captain Bishop fired 15 rounds into it at very close range, and it crashed to the ground. A second machine got off the ground, into which he fired 30 rounds at 150 yards range, and it fell into a tree. Two more machines then rose from the aerodrome. One of these he engaged at a height of 1,000 feet, emptying the rest of his drum of ammunition. This machine crashed 300 yards from the aerodrome, after which Captain Bishop emptied a whole drum into the fourth hostile machine, and then flew back to his station. Four hostile scouts were about 1,250 feet above him for about a mile of his return journey, but they would not attack. His machine was very badly shot about by machine gun fire from the ground.[65]

Distinguished Flying Cross

His citation for the Distinquished Flying Cross read:

A most successful and fearless fighter in the air, whose acts of outstanding bravery have already been recognised by the awards of the Victoria Cross, Distinguished Service Order, Bar to the Distinguished Service Order, and Military Cross. For the award of the Distinguished Flying Cross now conferred upon him he has rendered signally valuable services in personally destroying twenty-five enemy machines in twelve days—five of which he destroyed on the last day of his service at the front. The total number of machines destroyed by this distinguished officer is seventy-two, and his value as a moral factor to the Royal Air Force cannot be over-estimated.
[66]

Distinguished Service Order

His citation for the Distinquished Service Order read:

For conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty. While in a single-seater he attacked three hostile machines, two of which he brought down, although in the meantime he was himself attacked by four other hostile machines. His courage and determination have set a fine example to others.
[66]

Distinguished Service Order Bar

His citation for the Distinguished Service Order bar read:

For conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty when engaging hostile aircraft. His consistent dash and great fearlessness have set a magnificent example to the pilots of his squadron. He has destroyed no less than 45 hostile machines within the past 5 months, frequently attacking enemy formations single-handed, and on all occasions displaying a fighting spirit and determination to get to close quarter with his opponents which have earned the admiration of all in contact with him.
[66]

Edited by Trader

Is Sombra the crossing south of Detroit/Windsor. If so thats the one we crossed when coming home for the Ontario International and the name I was looking for.

Rick,

Sombra is north of Detroit / Windsor. And this is definitely not the Sombra / Marine City crossing.

About to be arrested for driving on the sidewalks "again".

It was a tight squeeze....lol

:scratchchin: Ya just couldn't wait for them to finish building the rest of the bridge, could ya?:confused24:

I was surprised when I got down there...

You were in your truck taking a ferry!! Do I win???

Thanks for playing Bob......:rasberry: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

You truck driver wannabe...:D

Would never have guessed that one as I have never been there. No problem and sorry we missed you the last time through, next time.

Brad

That was my first time as well...

The ferry was just long enough to fit the truck and trailer...

Hopefully I'll be able to spend more time on the next trip.

It would be nice to see you and Rhonda as well......:)

Only 2 ferrys go into Canada from Michigan, 1 is the Marine City/Sombra Ferry and the other is the Algonac/Wapole Island Ferry. Both are North of Detroit, the 3 bridges are the one in Soo Ste Marie in Michigans Upper Penninsula, The Blue Water Bridges in Port Huron, and the Ambassador in Detroit....this concludes our Michigan/Ontario Geography lesson for the day

:)

Only 2 ferrys go into Canada from Michigan, 1 is the Marine City/Sombra Ferry and the other is the Algonac/Wapole Island Ferry. Both are North of Detroit, the 3 bridges are the one in Soo Ste Marie in Michigans Upper Penninsula, The Blue Water Bridges in Port Huron, and the Ambassador in Detroit....this concludes our Michigan/Ontario Geography lesson for the day

:)

Okay, you can go to the head of the class!....... but don't take ya books, you won't be there long :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: