IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

Still praying for Ponch, but I gotta ask. Without going through 370 posts, has anyone taken a look at the bike yet?? I did see the possible stroke post, and the one about the weaving, but a blown rear tire could have caused that. Anyone in the loop??

I been reading this daily and no there hasn't been any pictures as of yet, as a matter of fact little talk about the bike or what happen...

Now did someone see the bike, I don't remember reading about that either...

Ok Folks,

I haven't wanted to go into any detail about Ponch's bike, as I am having some issues with what has happened. Now this is MY words, nobody else's, so take all this at face value.

There were pics taken of Davids bike, but were not going to be putting them up anytime soon. Kathy has decided to let the insurance company take the bike. I do not know if David knows this, or if he agreed to this. I have my opinion that he doesn't know that his bike is gone. I could absolutely be wrong, but these are my thoughts. Kathy was plenty pissed and said she wanted the bike in their garage so if she wanted to she could take a bat to it. We dont know if there was a fair price given for the bike and all the extras (which were insured) in the settlement. Kathy did not try to consult (not that she had to) any of us here about if the offer was a good settlement.

There is a lot going on here that the majority of you folks dont, and will not know about. This thread and/or the site is no place for it. I know some of you will read into this, please dont. Kathy is doing as she see's fit with David and all of us, am I happy about it...No, but it's her business and there's nothing any of us can do about it. Until David can make independent decisions on his own and talk directly with us, were at the call of his family.

I am not going to go any further into this, I will not answer any questions about what I have just written. Please just keep David in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully he will remember us and will continue to get better.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scarylarry

As far as the bike and the rest of the family business, it is their concern and not this forum this is a very private matter to them and should stay that way...

What I want to know and care about is Ponch and how he is doing, the rest of this is family concerns which you have some and others have been great on updating..

So please as you know and if they don't mind update us on his condition..

Thanks for all the info on him..

Thanks,

Larry

Edited by scarylarry

Maybe this presents some things we rarely speak about with our mates. After all who really wants to talk about what would I want in the event of something that could occur.

I have spoken with my wife about what I would want in the event and she has spoken to me as well. There has to be a very strong fear of what would life be in the event one lost their mate, best friend, mentor... how devastating the notion, let alone the reality.

Each of us understands the joy we experience riding our motorcycles and how would it be right to place our anger in that motorcycle that gave us joy in the event something catastrophic occurred. No one gets to judge that outside of those experiencing something this serious. We don't always get to choose what we sign on for and when the worst happens there has to be someplace to channel our anger.

I guess our hope is this may encourage dialog between loved ones despite the discomfort of speaking of worst case scenario. I want my wife to know under no uncertain terms that her wishes will be the direction I would take regardless of my personal feelings.

Only love and best wishes for Ponch and Lil Bit intended.

Tom:

If you would be so kind, it would be very much appreciated if you could also PM the address to Beth and I as well.

We would really like to send a card of support for Ponch and his family, it would mean a lot to us.

gunk:shock3:

Done

Hope Ponch gets the "Get well" card I sent out today that was signed by those who attended Vogel..

If not, oh well, so be it..I can accept that.

No matter what, the intent was there....

Thanks to everyone who was able to sign it..!!!!:thumbsup2:

I know how the Warden felt when I was lying in that hospital bed. Can't really understand it but I know how she felt. She did show me how much she cared for me. We have never agreed on the bike thing but she knows it is a part of me and I don't push her to share it with me. Prayers continue for David.

Still prayin for ya bud!

Get better we are all wishing you a full recovery!

Jb

Me too and my wife and the five dogs and the three goats, not to mention the other critters. I go out in the morning and they all gather around, and that is when we have a prayer. I know that this will reach God.

:farmer:

Ponch,

We are praying buddy that you will be good as new soon.Lil Bit our prayers are for you and Shannon as well that the Lord help you through this slow recovery for Ponch. May each day be a bit better than the one before & May God Bless you all.Let us know if we can be of any help.

Allen & Patti

I'm glad to hear David is making some progress. Although Sarah and I have never met David we are praying for the Holy Spirit to be in control of the doctors and nurses that are treating him. So proud of everyone's support. This Venture group is remarkable.

In Prayer

Ret. CSM Dana Braquet

Sorry folks about the delays, been at school all week and it's just nuts right now. Here is the text Monkey Boy got from Shannon....

"All is well. Been busy with OT Physical Therapy speech and doctors coming in. He is moving more, not opening his eyes much. PT (?) dressed him and had him sitting on the side of the bed while holding him. He can't support himself or hold his head up. We will have a special chair for him tomorrow. The regular therapy schedule starts for him tomorrow. God is good, Thank you all for lifting us up to God in prayers....Love Kathy and Shannon"

This is all I have right now for us, sorry it's not more. I still have not been able to see David, but I'm at a point that I am going to show up and see about getting in. Keep David in your thoughts and prayers and as soon as I have more info I will pass it on....