IGNORED

"Pork In The Pines"

Patrolman46

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I does not fail, I plan and work to get a day away, and some one throws a wrench in the works!!!

Will not be able to make the run this year again. Will plan further ahead for next year and let everyone know I will go with or without.

:bluesbrother:

Got home about 3:30 today. Spent last night at Dan (IH Truck Guy) and Sheri's.

I talked to Eagle Eye when we got to Cadott last evening, and were on the back side of the big black cloud we were outrunning. He and Yooper caught up to it at Spooner and found a room for the night.

Had a great time seeing everyone again. Thanks for hosting again Gary and crew.:thumbsup2:

Wish we could have stayed longer, but there just isn't enough vacation days to do everything we like to do.:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

Props to all who planned and "Made it HAPPEN" @ PIP this year, our first we hope of many! Great to meet you all, and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Got home about 12:30 this PM stuff to do as always, should have gone back thru Superior, far more enjoyable route.....Minn. woman nearly took us out yest. afternoon, then proceeded to chew us out!!! Said she couldn't see us well enough and she was at least 20' behind us!!!! WOW! Thanx Marilyn for leading a great ride Sat.!!!! Loved it, we'll be back if at all possible next year!!

A&M Straka

PS Canadians M would like you to PM us your e-mail so she can stay in touch

We got in about an hour ago and just finished unpacking and sorting stuff out. What a great ride home.....the sun was shining and it even got warmer the farther west we got.

It sure was great to see old friends again and meet new ones. The turnout was outstanding for this "little" event in the pines. I counted 44 names on the sign in sheet before we left!

Thanks Gary and Ann for being gracious hosts again!

Take care all!

Rick and Marilyn

We got in about 5:30pm with BongoBob.

Had a snack and showed him a route to east into Wisconsin to Eau Claire. They wanted to get a few more miles under there belt before night fall.

I got stuff to spill the beans on but I am so tired I am going to Bed. Fill ya in tomorrow. :whistling: :stirthepot:

Got home this morning around 00:30. Had to do a little more shopping with JoDee. Now for the chili results since no one else make their digs.... Vote was taken and Russ beat me by 2 votes and he didn't vote so I'll go with 3, I bow down to the master... BUT the trophy still comes to my house since JoDee's cinnamon rolls got the most votes. I will get you next year Russ since I know what the members want in their chili. Had a great time and was great meeting members who hadn't been there before or hadn't met at other gatherings. Sometimes when you leave a get together like this, you want to go back for more. Seeing friends from past rallies, M&E's etc... brings back memories and to date I don't have a bad one. Well, actually, theres that Bubber guy who is real hard on a person. But thats another story :innocent: Everyone was pleasant and laughter was not in short supply. Hope all got home safe or will and look forward to our next meeting. God Bless. Mike

Pinky and I landed at home last night just before dark. Ran in a little rain the first day but nothing to get concerned about. Thanks to all involved in putting this event on. Met lots of good folks who's name I can't hardly remember and if I can remember the name , can't put a face to it. You know it was a good weekend when your motel bill for a single night is more than your entire gas bill. Take care all ....same time next year.

frank

First of all, a great big thank you to Gary and Anne for hosting this again. (and of course it's always great to see Scooter) And Owl, for bringing the guest of honor, and all of the food fixings, and putting this all together. It is always a great time with old and new friends.

Me and Yooper got back to my place late afternoon yesterday, after a bit of rain up north.

The chili's were both very good, and lots of fun.

Already looking forward to next year.

Steve

I know it has been said before but can never be said too many times, thanks Gary and Ann for you great hospitality!!!! Also thanks to Owl and all the others who helped to put on a great great great weekend. I had a nice ride home yesterday, the wind was at my back and sunny all the way. The border crossing took about 45 minutes which wasn't all that bad. The border crossing agent asked me where I was and I told him I was at a motorcycle rally and he questioned me about being at a rally and not buying anything for the bike, I told him I bought a bottle of Tequila but it wasn't for the bike it was for me......they don't have much of a sense of humour!!!! It is certainly a good group of people who attended and yes that includes Bubber even if Mike doesn't agree. All the best and thanks again, hope to see you all at future rallies or back at the Pork in the Pines!!!!!

Well, I was hoping to be the first one to start posting about the 2011 Pork in the Pines, but late (as usual) so I'll have to do the best I can to try and get the truth out.

But let me start by saying once again, that this event would be nothing without the great folks that show3 up and Gary and Ann for puttingf up with us and making both their property and home available for our use..

It was a great week end. Great food, thanks to Eagle Eye (home made baked beans), MikealiasMike (his chili),Gary and Ann (fresh corn on the cob, tomatos, cucumbers, etc), Tiny Star (fresh home baked Sin emone rolls and Zucini bread), LuAnne (Mrs Bubber) home baked cookies and butterscoth bars)

Great folks who jumped in and helped with the food prep, cooking, cleaning, and numerous other mundane tasks that help make this the fun event it is.

And most important, the folks who were able to fit this week end into their schedules. Bongobobny, Rockhound, Bubber, Frank, Dano, the multiple Tom's and Steves, Lowell, A1Bummer, their navigators, Deb & Gary, and the others who's names escape me completely at this time.

The weather was fantastic for both the riding and the sleeping. Only had to use a light blanket one evening. All the other nights I was tasty warm.

I noted that Mikealias Mike has already given his version of how the Chili Challenge turned out. I must say that he was a very gracious Looser, considering the landslide trounching that he took. And just to prove that I can be a gracious winner, I won't even ask him ,"Did you expect any other outcome?" :stirthepot:

Hands done howerer, the winner was Tiny Star, Mikes gracious and lovely wife JoDee. However, I was forced to tell her that she could not bring the Sin-emone rolls or Zucini bread next year. Told her I couldn't stand loosing to pastry two years in a roll. Particularly when the pastries were made by a "girl.":rotfl:

Thanks so much, again, to one and all who wer4e able to make it. And for those who were not able to fit it into their schedule, there is always next year.

(see Mike, I didn't mention the Trailer King, or your bribing the waitress even once)

:mytruck1:

YES, this was a great great great weekend!!!! every one that showed up this year was awsome.. we had lotsa help with everything.. one thing that i really have to give credit to is that when Annie and i clean up out side, there is nothing to pick up this is an AWSOME group.. one would think that there would at least be some cleanup.. but no, none notta... thanx guys. guess that all i gotta do yet is return the tables and chairs tommorrow.. a special thanx to Russ who i the push behind all of this.. and to everyone who helped to make this a great turnout this year.. so many people jumped in and helped that i dont know where to start thanking people.. an d to Marilynn for leading the rides... WHAT A WOMAN!!!!

:clap2::thumbsup2::smile11:

STARTING PREPS FOR NEXT YEAR.. August 31thru sept3 2012

OK here is the real truth! I will break it down it to small bite size pieces to help the guy writing this.

Chili

To guys had a chili challenge contest and they were both really good. Two totally different styles but both very good. Well they both lost to Tiny Star who made the cinnamon buns and other goodies. So whats up with that!

Oh ya the most votes were for the mixture of both chilies together.

BongoBob

Came all the way from NY to PIP. So I guess he gets the longest distance trophy.... if we had one.... but we don't.

Bob introduced us to what he said was a custom he learned from all those Venture Rider he hangs with on the east coast. It had to do with his asking if we all wanted to have "hot sex" with him. Well that opened up a whole new thing to the Venture Riders. I must say though Bob ain't half bad! Or so I have heard. Maybe you should ask Bob for all the details.

Rides

Marilyn led a group of us on a ride of about 150 mile ride to get a DQ.:rotf::rotf: We also witnessed first hand what 300 Harley riders do on a perfectly good sunny afternoon.:whistling: I didn't see any colors through the doorway of the bar, but then again at 50 mph it was just a quick glance for me.

Meals

We had roast pig, cooked to perfection by Chris, Whoomp's son.

corn on the cob, salads(numerous), special beans, all kinds of good stuff made by OWL, Mike, Steve, and numerous others.

Breakfast

Sunday was breakfast to order as long as you wanted your eggs over easy, the only way I cook them. Pancakes, hash browns, chili on eggs, did I mention I only cook eggs over easy? I was replaced the very next morning. The nerve!

Goodies

Tiny Star with those out of this world cinnamon rolls and breads.:fatsmiley:

Mrs Bubber brought butterscotch bars that were to die for. Someone tried to hog them before Mrs. Bubber caught me, I mean them.

Rooster

The rooster made it through another year without a scratch, mainly because I, in honor of Rocket, I placed my tent way away from the scrawny little varmit and not in my traditional spot near the chicken coop. Rick and Marilyn had thought of stretching that bugger little neck a couple of times.

Friends

Met new ones, and met old ones. Some stayed for a short time some stayed till they threw mike out on Monday. :buttkick::rotf::rotf::rotf:The weather was good with some minor drizzles. Cool but dry!

Dedication

Well I wasn't really good at saying it at the time because I was pretty choked up and blubbering the words, so maybe I can get the words out better now.

What I wanted to say was:

We have had a brother go down, a brother that we all love even if we have never met him. We wanted to remember him and dedicate this feast prepared for us at Pork in the Pines and to remember him in our prayers. Ponch our fallen brother. God's speed my friend!

In all seriousness: Thanks to Owl, Gary, Anne, Mike, and Steve and everyone else that helped in any capacity to make PIP a great event.

We had a great host in Gary and Annie and we know a lot of work goes into preparing for such an event.

Thanks to all who came even Mike. (sorry about that it slipped out).

Looking forward to next year to create some new memories and friends.

God Bless

Keep the shinny side up and rock on my friends.

First time I've been at a computer since Pork n da Pines, so the hubby and I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone!! We didn't get to spend a lot of time up there, but it was fun to see old friends and meet new ones!!

Also a shout out to Astraka...Gary and I were in Soldiers Grove this past weekend. Took a ride down to Wazekua...tried finding your place, but no luck. He thought we should be on Hwy 131 and I thought you said Hwy 61. Were either one of us right? Anyway...you've got a great looking trike!

Thanks again, everyone!

Deb & Gary

• 2 weeks later...

First a belated big thanks to Gary and Ann for hosting us. Life was a bit busy starting the day we got home, and now a few weeks have past without posting anything. This was our first time at Pork in the Pines (or any rally for that matter), and we had a great time. Met a lot of people, and made some new friends. Hope to make many more of these rallies and friends in the future. The food was awesome (I voted 3 for the chilli by the way), and the conversation was even better. Got quite a few good tips on keeping the bike maintained and enjoyed the marathon ride on Saturday (thanks Marilyn). A great bunch of people, hope to see ya again at the next gathering. Thanks again.

Mike,

It was our pleasure having you and the lovely Mrs join us at the Pork in the Pines this year.

And don't worry about the Chili Vote choice... Every one is allowed one mistake :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. And how was one expected to compete against those Sin-emon rolls. :bang head:

Dang near voted for Mikes Chili myself, but then I came to my senses. :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Looking forward to seeing both of you next year...

Again. Thanks for coming

:mytruck1: