IGNORED

My 87'VR was Rear ended At WalMart...Of All Places!

skydoc_17

But But But I been sick..... Yeah I know. I'm the guy that said with work out of the way I was going to ride so much more this year!!! I feel guilty about that statement. With everything that has gone on it just hasn't happened. But wait til next year....... I'm going to visit Bobbie!!

How are you this morning Earl??

Hide Bobbie, hide

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about this Earl. Some people are so irresponsible nowadays, especially some of these young people. So what is the cure for all these people ? I just do not understand. Glad you are OK, and wow, that could have taken your life so fast and easy. God is watching over you.

James :thumbsup2:

Hey Earl. The bike can be repaired or replaced . Glad you are not seriously hurt. And I commen you on keeping composed. have been in those situations and it takes a few people to literallty pull me off of some Idot. I dont get mad at accidents but complete disregard pisses me off.

Make his insurance Pay. Make sure you let them know you were in the spot for a while and you were ready o dismount. The bike was parked although they may try to spin it. Also let them know the guy confirmed culpability by apppologizing. At work we are taght not to appologize at all.

Hope you are OK Earl.

:080402gudl_prv:

Wish mine was running, I could be the quickest Venture on the site if it were, at least while your out of commission.

:stickpoke:

I don't have much of anything on the rear end. I do have an MKII swing arm, that has been cleaned up. Got a pair of turn signals, but if you didn't drop it those are probably OK. I do have a complete tail light assembly, and a rear rim, about all I can think of.

Any of this you need is yours for the shipping cost.

Gary

Hope you are OK Earl.

:080402gudl_prv:

Wish mine was running, I could be the quickest Venture on the site if it were, at least while your out of commission.

:stickpoke:

I don't have much of anything on the rear end. I do have an MKII swing arm, that has been cleaned up. Got a pair of turn signals, but if you didn't drop it those are probably OK. I do have a complete tail light assembly, and a rear rim, about all I can think of.

Any of this you need is yours for the shipping cost.

Gary

Would be WHAT???

"Brown Sugar" is about the fastest plain stock 1st Gen I have ever seen. The "Blue Beast" had moments it ran like that but never for any length of time. Learning experience on V-4s.

Earl let me know if I can help.

Would be WHAT???

"Brown Sugar" is about the fastest plain stock 1st Gen I have ever seen. The "Blue Beast" had moments it ran like that but never for any length of time. Learning experience on V-4s.

Earl let me know if I can help.

Who said anything about a 'Stock' bike. I know you weren't talkin to me.

And fastest and quickest aren't the same. Most of my effort has been aimed at the 1/4 mile type performance, not the 130 mph stuff, to old for that. Probably both, but screw it.

Gary

But But But I been sick..... Yeah I know. I'm the guy that said with work out of the way I was going to ride so much more this year!!! I feel guilty about that statement. With everything that has gone on it just hasn't happened. But wait til next year....... I'm going to visit Bobbie!!

How are you this morning Earl??

Sounds great, Dan! Thanks for having my back!:thumbsup2:

Hey Earl

Very glad your not hurt.

It is probably best for the bike that you were on it. Had you already been off and walking away it would have surely fell over on its side and had a lot more damage. Had you already been in the store you may have never known who hit it.

Yes, if Earl had been inside the store he wouldn't have known, and if he'd been walking into the store, the damage to the bike would have been worse....but....

If Earl had his left foot on the ground and was in the process of getting off of the bike, he'd have been steam rollered. He surely was watched over from above.

Earl, How is your back feeling?

Frank D.

Earl,

just wanted to say i'm happy that you weren't hurt too badly, if my memory serves correctly you have been nursing a bad back. don't take any chances with your back, like others have said, there are times when symptoms don't immediately show up. and if there is anyone who can put your bike back together - it is you. i wish i had parts to donate. wishing you the best on recovery and repair and God bless you & family.

buz

Ok I feel inclined to chime in and let folks know what an awesome friend Earl is:

Long story short; I found one of my new carb diaphragms in need of replacing and it seems these things are as rare as hen's teeth these days. So Earl overnights me one of his slider assemblies off of his 87.

In spite of his woes he is still more concerned with me staying on the road than his own problems.

Earl, I am so glad you walked away from this and let me know if I need to come up to PA to help with anything.

I had two whiplashes in moxes in 1965 & 66, ... and now at 72 :mustache:the neck is really touchy, bothersome. I cannot imagine how at being shoved forward ca 30 ' you did not get a whiplash effect; so I urge you to check that out. Sorry if someone has already posted this suggestion; did not read all the post.

Dumb driver was probably hormonally distracted!

Glad you were ok. :cool10: Now get back on! LOL.

Jackz

Dumb driver was probably hormonally distracted!

Now that was a very sexist comment, shame on you.

:stirthepot:

Earl said it was a young man.

Wait till some of the ladies see this one, theres gonna be hell to pay.

:no-no-no:

Come on Mini, show him what you got girl.

:feedback:

Gary

Hey now I've met Earl he's pretty darn cute. Now I haven't seen him in a few months not sure how he looks from behind. :whistling:Earl did you distract that poor man by wiggling your saddlebags?:rotf::rotf:

As for the sexist comment we can take care of him. We have our ways. :crackup::crackup:

On a serious note you did see a doc after all the back problems and the surgery can't be too careful.

Margaret

Guest Ken8143

Hey Earl - I wonder about your back.

So sorry to hear about the bad luck. I have a trunk reflector if you want it.