IGNORED

Here I lay in a hospital bed waiting for surgery

dingy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new development. Instead of having to sit in the hospital till the surgery Monday, they decided I could come home on one condition. I have to be on a type of blood thinner that dissipates quickly. It is an injection type. I have to be able to give myself shots twice a day. They went over it at hospital and I gave myself first one there.

Diabetics do this all the time, so I am now at home, much more comfy than I would have been in the hospital.

Have to go back to hospital, which is about 70 miles away, early Monday for the back surgery.

Thanks for all the support & prayers.

I will miss that night shift nurse, Michelle, though. She was a sweety.

:wow:

Gary

Gary, take care my friend. You are in our prayers. Glad the filter is working and your home. My mother in law had that done way back when they first started doing the filters. Really helped her a lot. She was, I think the second one in the state of Ky to have this done. Hang in there and plan on wearing the V-maxed machine out.

Fuzzy

A new development. Instead of having to sit in the hospital till the surgery Monday, they decided I could come home on one condition. I have to be on a type of blood thinner that dissipates quickly. It is an injection type. I have to be able to give myself shots twice a day. They went over it at hospital and I gave myself first one there.

Diabetics do this all the time, so I am now at home, much more comfy than I would have been in the hospital.

Have to go back to hospital, which is about 70 miles away, early Monday for the back surgery.

Thanks for all the support & prayers.

I will miss that night shift nurse, Michelle, though. She was a sweety.

:wow:

Gary

I hardly knew thay put the filter in but I guess it saved my life. Never knew much of what went on for about a week at that time. Went and looked when you posted this and can't even find scar. But I got a few others. Good Luck with it Monday.

I'll be sending a word up. I need a TCI programed:whistling::whistling:

glad to see your home but take it easy. im sure you can handle the shots i do one a week for my MS i use to do my dads for his dieabetic. they taught me how to put one in a vein once for my moms medication when she was suffering from bone cancer i much rather do the muscle injections. trying to find a vein can be a hassle im sure your doing the muscle type?

Dude, I go out of town for a couple of days and you go in the hospital.

Your wife was supposed to warn me so I could have the trailer ready to roll . . .

:whistling:

Keep getting better. I want to take a ride with you one day soon.

OK Gary Its time for a update. You chasing nurses up and down the hall?? I hope.

Dan,

They sent me home for the weekend, see post #30 above.

I am scheduled to be back at hospital 10am Monday and get back fixed.

One of the hottest days here in years and we have had a power failure since 10am this morning, just came back on around 5:30. 33,00 in area without power.

Gary

Well Gary, as you are headed back to the horsepital tomorrow morning I imagine you might be sitting around loading up on double cheese burgers to hold you over for a few days.

Jello just don't cut it ya know.

Good luck and heal fast my friend.

Mike

Just got back from Golden Corral all you can eat buffet.

Have a 10:00 appt Monday at hospital.

Gary

I am back home.

Surgery went fine and the original pain is GONE.

I have some new short term surgical related pain. All I have is an incision about 1 1/2" long near my spine on left side about belt line. Dr. said he pulled out disc fragment.

Missed you guys !!

Gary