IGNORED

Excellent precision riding

Gary N.

I have serious doubts that it could be done with an RSV like that. The H/D's have a great low center of gravity and handle VERY well at slower speeds....that was VERY impressive!

:yikes:

Plus the H/D's have a much shorter wheelbase than our Ventures.....but I have to say that with enough practice the Venture can perform very well. Love that RLAP routine!!

Boomer....who sez the pygmies hang on for dear life when I'm on the scoot doing that low-speed stuff..... :rotf:

That course looked somewhat similar to the course we have when I did riders training, well not as many cones, and not as many figure 8's but we had to do them none the less. We practiced a lot and then practiced some more, and then when we were tired of practicing, we were allowed to ride the course again, just so that we would get it right. We weren't using Ventures but 200 and 250cc Honda's and Suzuki's.

Well in the end we could go home to practice some more, and I tell you 'practice makes perfect'!!!!!!

I don't remember how many nights I went out on the parking lot, set up a course and did my practicing, until I got it all right,,, but eventually I did wake up, and had to get back to reality.

With the ventures longer wheel base you probably could not do that particular course. Many of the circles are set up for a Harley wheel base slighty bigger max turn You would need an expanded course. This stuff is fun and great but I find it doesnt translate to higher speed twisty type stuff. But it does save you the embarassment of making a u turn shuffling your feet on the ground doing a three pt turn that Ive seen quite a few " I ve been riding 40 years." types do. But I do think its a good low speed skill to know.

Edited by CrazyHorse

:ice_awesome-vi46644Thanks Gary, I really enjoyed seeing that video.

It really was amazing how he handled that bike. I would need a GPS to keep track of where I was going. Even though I saw how well the HD handled in that demonstration, I would still stick with our RSV for those long highway rides. Maybe next year for MD in Oberlin, everybody should bring an orange cone and we will let Eileen demonstrate her skills with her Zero turn mower.

Yama Mama:smile5:

With the ventures longer wheel base you probably could not do that particular course. Many of the circles are set up for a Harley wheel base slighty bigger max turn You would need an expanded course. This stuff is fun and great but I find it doesnt translate to higher speed twisty type stuff. But it does save you the embarassment of making a u turn shuffling your feet on the ground doing a three pt turn that Ive seen quite a few " I ve been riding 40 years." types do. But I do think its a good low speed skill to know.

You just described 90% of my slow speed turns/u-turns. Doesn't embarrass me one bit. As long as it stays upright I'm cool with it.