IGNORED

Is this the last year for the venture

naturesway

For what it's worth, a good friend and lodge brother has been a Yamaha dealer for 35 years. I bought my 99 from him in 02. When I asked him about the future of the Venture he says the problem is that the V4 can not be fuel injected in the frame we have now. There's no room. We will still have our Venture but they are going to have to go to a big V Twin. That's the future.

For what it's worth, a good friend and lodge brother has been a Yamaha dealer for 35 years. I bought my 99 from him in 02. When I asked him about the future of the Venture he says the problem is that the V4 can not be fuel injected in the frame we have now. There's no room. We will still have our Venture but they are going to have to go to a big V Twin. That's the future.

Rode the big Strata liner yesterday at the local dealers test ride day..... it will shake the P*ss out of you..... as a highway bike the 1900cc, I am sure you could reach some huge top speeds.... only used 3 gears to get it to 60 mph ... 2 gears left...... it is not a V4

There's no room. We will still have our Venture but they are going to have to go to a big V Twin. That's the future.

I call BS,,, the new V-max is fuel injected. The difference in cost for retooling to build a full dress bike base on it would be minimally different from making a full dress bike based one one of the twins.

If they switch to a twin dresser is will be for one reason only, they think they would sell more twins and make more money.

I call BS,,, the new V-max is fuel injected. The difference in cost for retooling to build a full dress bike base on it would be minimally different from making a full dress bike based one one of the twins.

If they switch to a twin dresser is will be for one reason only, they think they would sell more twins and make more money.

They already have the Strat Deluxe. It's almost "venture-esque", Add a trunk and some lowers and a taller shield.

Im sure it would be cheaper than building an entire new bike from the ground up.

That does seem to be the way the world is headed. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cheaper to build a V-Twin too.

The room needed for throttle body FI is the same or LESS than for carbs. Don't see how there wouldn't be plenty of room for the upgrade. Even rail port FI doesn't take up that much room, and once you remove the carbs, there is a bunch of room between those cyl banks.

Best move Yamaha could make would be to seriously upgrade the bike with the V4.

:) If this is true, I was told by a Calif sidecar person that this is the last year for the Venture.

More than likely because they finally ran out of cassette players!

:rotf:

Hey.....SOMEBODY had to say it!

Rode the big Strata liner yesterday at the local dealers test ride day..... it will shake the P*ss out of you..... as a highway bike the 1900cc, I am sure you could reach some huge top speeds.... only used 3 gears to get it to 60 mph ... 2 gears left...... it is not a V4

I can hit 100 in three gears on my Venture!

:farmer:

More than likely because they finally ran out of cassette players!

:rotf:

Hey.....SOMEBODY had to say it!

You beat me to it.......:smile5:

They already have the Strat Deluxe. It's almost "venture-esque", Add a trunk and some lowers and a taller shield.

Im sure it would be cheaper than building an entire new bike from the ground up.

They already have a V-max, a couple of mounting brackets for existing Yamaha bags and fairing wouldn't cost that much.. What would cost is the entire redesign of the electrical system to add all the high tech stuff full dress buyers want.. And that would be the same on Strat or V-max.

Besides that, from what I have heard, they have already designed the new Venture based on the Vmax, but due to the economy just cannot get the OK from the company's president to start production.

The room needed for throttle body FI is the same or LESS than for carbs. Don't see how there wouldn't be plenty of room for the upgrade. Even rail port FI doesn't take up that much room, and once you remove the carbs, there is a bunch of room between those cyl banks.

Best move Yamaha could make would be to seriously upgrade the bike with the V4.

Nah a total redesign. Out with old in with some new.

I bought a used 06 instead of a new one,biggest reason,no EFI,yamaha needs to get with the times,these are great bikes and I think would sell better if they were EFI.If they were EFI I would have bought a new one.

I am visiting Yamaha corporate next week on business, and will get an answer for you. However, I have already been told that the "new" Venture will be a 2013 model that will come out sometime in 2012 in limited production, will be an EFI V-MAX engine, anti-lock brakes, upgraded electronics and digital displays, power port and smart phone/Ipad friendly, and NO CASSETTE PLAYER. Beyond that, I have not other specs, but I think it will be pretty pricey at retail - - probably in the Ultra Classic range.

Be cautious on what dealers tell you. They are usually the last to know anything.

Hey Bobby G,

Unless you are going to yamaha corp in Japan you're not going to get any info. You are right about the dealers. They don't know anything about the new models until yamaha introduces them. I've had more than one dealer tell me yamaha doesn't let anyone know about the new models until they are told. These dealers also complained that yamaha in Japan doesn't listen to the dealers and doesn't care about their feedback.

Used 3 gears to 60? I do believe I have been real close to 60 shifting out of 1st on my 83. That's a tad over 8500 rpm's and I am pretty sure I been close to that on ocassion. :cool10:

RandyA