IGNORED

Cody is coming up fast

Freebird

Yesterday, my wife and I were talking about the International Rally in Cody. It is really a lot sooner than you think. I hope that all of you are thinking about and making plans to attend. We are excited about it because neither of us have ever spent any time in that area and there is so much history to see there. It is going to be a GREAT time and I'm really surprised that more have not already signed up for it. Please start thinking about it and get registered ASAP. You are going to miss a great time if you aren't there.

I am really looking forward to it as well, as I have never been in that area in the summer. Its been a lot of years but it used to be a snowmobile and ski vacation spot for us a couple of years. The scenery is marvelous and there are attractions there that you dont see anywhere else on the planet. I am also looking forward to meeting up with all of you and seeing some friends that ive met on past venturerider excursions.

OH! and I hear the bike riding is pretty decent in that area too!.:smile5:

brian

Edited by friesman

Ive got my bike ready to go! We are heading to Custer SD first then Sunda AM we are heading on to Cody. For people that have never been to that area it is like no other.I have a cabin at the KOA that sleeps 4. If needed I can split it.

For us the Cody rally is just bad timing, we have been out there the last 2 years in a row and our vacation funds will take us somewhere new this year.

Everyone there is going to have a great time. Beartooth, Yellowstone, Cooke City, Red Lodge, Jackson Hole, Chief Joseph Hwy, Wind river Canyon and so much more. Wind River Canyon is often overlooked , it's only a few miles long but is worth the time to see . It's not far from Cody. Follows the river with train tracks weaving in and out of the cliff sides. The canyon wall are like a trip into prehistoric times. We came home with a rock that we picked up on the side of the cliffs thats 500 Million years old! ( make's you feel young again) Riverton on the East end, When you get to the western end, you are in Thermopolis where there are volcanic natural hot springs you can soak in.

One thing I can tell ya is be prepared for any type of weather, we saw everything from high 80's to snow, so be prepared!

Hello Everyone: We are one of the closer ones to Cody. 450 miles. We have changed our vacation plans, cut our yearly trip to Sturgis short so that we can attend the Cody Rally also. I have reserved a room at the Skyline, but have not officially registered for the Rally. Hope to do so soon. I know of at least one other couple from our area that is also attending. Recently met "Graderman". Take care....

Mark, cut off date for pre-registration is July 1st - postmarked (or better yet received). But, one can register on site as well if needed, thank you for posting up your consideration that you and your friend(s) are coming.

Pre-registration mainly assists us in guaranteeing dinner for Weds eve, the buffalo burger lunch, putting together welcome packets and for those coming in on Sunday, making sure there are enough hotel rooms, getting enough hors d'oevres etc. etc.for everyone.

See ya in CODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Mark, cut off date for pre-registration is July 1st - postmarked (or better yet received). But, one can register on site as well if needed, thank you for posting up your consideration that you and your friend(s) are coming.

Pre-registration mainly assists us in guaranteeing dinner for Weds eve, the buffalo burger lunch, putting together welcome packets and for those coming in on Sunday, making sure there are enough hotel rooms, getting enough hors d'oevres etc. etc.for everyone.

See ya in CODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Don't forget the T-Shirts. They are only going to be available to those who pre-register. Although, I think Dave will be bringing a few extra but if you want them in your size and color you need to get your order in. Otherwise you take your chances...:) I might also mention that trailer raffle ticket sales are on going until the 300 tickets are sold. The best way to make sure you're in on the action is buy them before 7/1. Over half the tickets have been sold, and there's still 80+ days left til the rally. :sign woo hoo:

Sure wish I could make it to Cody, but can't due to the new job I just started here in Charleston, sc..

One more package of paperwork to complete and return it back to Everett, and I will be a perminate Boeing employee again. I am wating for them to send me this last package of papers, take adrug test, and wha-la..

I dont know what tomorrow holds, but right now it appears to be a total NO that I wont be there..In fact, the only place I know I will be going is to Freebirds MD. When I return it will be 12 hours a day 6 days a week for quite some time..any free time I get I will have to use to get moved out here and set up in a home here.

• 1 month later...

Trying to find a way to "sneak" out to the International Rally this year??? Looking for the right excuse to give your boss? Couple of "dumb" ones I came up with:

LIST OF EXCUSES

1. Car won't start , have no idea what the problem is . (if your a Mechanic do not use this one ) see # 2

2. I have a migrane

3. stomach flu ( pretty sure its a 168 hr bug )

4. Anal Glaucoma - just can't see my a_ _ coming in this week !

I am sure there are other great excuses - "come on down" and enjoy the ride!

Trying to find a way to "sneak" out to the International Rally this year??? Looking for the right excuse to give your boss? Couple of "dumb" ones I came up with:

LIST OF EXCUSES

1. Car won't start , have no idea what the problem is . (if your a Mechanic do not use this one ) see # 2

2. I have a migrane

3. stomach flu ( pretty sure its a 168 hr bug )

4. Anal Glaucoma - just can't see my a_ _ coming in this week !

I am sure there are other great excuses - "come on down" and enjoy the ride!

Those are great. I'll have to post them (especially #4) for my employees.

LMAO (blind with laughter)

Dave

We came home with a rock that we picked up on the side of the cliffs thats 500 Million years old!

OH NO!! :doh: ... this means I'd better haul the trailer coz Nina will be collecting more than we can carry on the scoot .... wait a min. ... on second thought, I'll leave the trailer at home and that way she can't gather too many rocks ... or... :whistling: :whistling: maybe if I just leave her at home.... :whistling: :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone going to Cody from the neighbourhood of Ohio? Dingy has a spare fan for me and rather that mailing it to B.C. I thought if anyone was passing close to Mansfield there might be a chance to get it delivered by Pony Express.