IGNORED

Where are all the Ventures?

54chevybelair

I was hoping someone could clear this up for me. I am new to Venture motorcycles, My last bike was a Goldwing and now I own a 2004 midnight RSV. I have read a lot of the back and forth talk about Harley VS. Goldwing Vs. Venture. In my opinion they are all great machines in there own way, offering different variety for people.

I can go to a Harley dealership and look at a selection of touring bikes, or the Honda dealers always have a few Goldwings in stock. Why can’t I go to a Yamaha dealer and look at a new Venture. Is the demand higher than supply? My local dealer tells me he rarely gets them in but when he does, new or used, they don’t stay on the showroom floor long. It seems to me if we like them so much, Japan would supply us more of them.

Anyhow, thanks for your time in reading this and maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.

I was hoping someone could clear this up for me. I am new to Venture motorcycles, Is the demand higher than supply? My local dealer tells me he rarely gets them in but when he does, new or used, they don’t stay on the showroom floor long. It seems to me if we like them so much, Japan would supply us more of them.

Anyhow, thanks for your time in reading this and maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.

Well its very complicated sir. In some places they sell and dealers keep one or two on the floor but, I have seen some large dealers that will only order one or buy one if you are ready to buy. Dealer trade so to speak. I know of some small dealers in out of the way towns who keep a new RSV on the floor most of the time. Like I said, strange and complicated. You can always find plenty if your ready to buy and do a web search and there are always some really good buys if you do your research. That's my story and I hope its the truth.:)

Hmmmm, my sister's first car was a '54 Bel Air, took us 5 months to find the ashtray, and then it was by accident! Can't find many of them either!!

I guess that not that many people know just how fine a ride the Venture is! We just don't have the "mistique" that the others have, just a great product with an unbelievable warranty!

My sister lives in Bloomfield Hills now...

I guess that not that many people know just how fine a ride the Venture is! We just don't have the "mistique" that the others have, just a great product with an unbelievable warranty!

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Well Yamaha is just different. They don't advertise the Venture either. If you didn't own one you might not know they exist.

Margaret

I have to agree - I own a Venture almost by accident, not the highway type, but by trial and error. I bought and sold 3 bikes in less than 4 months trying to find the right one then my wife sat on a Venture and liked how it fit her so that's what we bought and still have.

I have to agree - I own a Venture almost by accident, not the highway type, but by trial and error. I bought and sold 3 bikes in less than 4 months trying to find the right one then my wife sat on a Venture and liked how it fit her so that's what we bought and still have.

yep,yep,yep,wife likes the fit also.That's my story and I'm sticken to it.:whistling:

Until I drove a buddies Venture I did not even know Yamaha made them. After that ride I had to have one. Lets see, in 3 months my harley spend a total of maybe 75 miles on the road and many, many hours in the shop, my Honda going on 5 years with her and nothing major yet put over 65000 miles on her now, but she just dont work good for long trips. So now I have a Venture and am looking forward to several long rides this summer. Shaun

Yamaha use to make two slightly different Ventures a year. Slight difference in chrome and one of two color choices. That stopped in 2010. 2010 and 2011 only have one Venture with no options. They come fully dressed. Yamaha also scaled down production from what I feel are two reasons. 1) In 2009 I believe Yamaha lost a ton of money. And 2) for some reason Yamaha has not advertised the Venture. I don't believe Yamaha actually knows what it had. Yamaha has raised the price on a Venture to way way over priced. I would agree with the higher price if the Venture had been getting upgrades throughout the years like Harley's and Honda's. Yamaha is upgrading there fleet but they are starting with the smaller bikes and the VMax.

You rarely see used Ventures at a dealership because the "stealers" want to steal them on a trade-in. I considered trading mine in on a 2003 Wing last year... they offered me $7000 for my bike and wouldn't budge. IMO, that constitutes THEFT!

You rarely see used Ventures at a dealership because the "stealers" want to steal them on a trade-in. I considered trading mine in on a 2003 Wing last year... they offered me $7000 for my bike and wouldn't budge. IMO, that constitutes THEFT!

All the dealers are like that. I have a Harley friend that tried to trade in his Harley and he was complaining because they only offered him $5,300.

All the dealers are like that. I have a Harley friend that tried to trade in his Harley and he was complaining because they only offered him $5,300.

ya but you see a lot of used Harleys at dealers. hmmmmm a wrong comment here could get a guy in trouble... :sign20:

ya but you see a lot of used Harleys at dealers. hmmmmm a wrong comment here could get a guy in trouble... :sign20:

Your right. The Harley friend told me he wanted to buy a used Harley and he wanted to trade his in. They wanted to give him nothing for his Harley but they wanted top dollar for theirs. When you are the number 1 brand of motorcycle in America of course you will have a large amount of used Harley's. They are all crooks just like the car salesmen.

When I was getting gas a guy came up to me asking what I rode and told him a Venture he said whats that? Yamaha I said he asked how long they been out? and I said since 1983 and up graded in 1999 and he asked how many miles I had? told him just over 55,000mi he looked at me and said so you already rebuilt the motor? I started laughing and said this is not a HD these Venture are like Gold Wing's they can easily do 200,000 - 300,000mi and still run like a dream

He said he would look up the Venture on-line when he got home.

Asking if I had the motor rebuilt :crackup:That's funny

Buddy

When I was getting gas a guy came up to me asking what I rode and told him a Venture he said whats that? Yamaha I said he asked how long they been out? and I said since 1983 and up graded in 1999 and he asked how many miles I had? told him just over 55,000mi he looked at me and said so you already rebuilt the motor? I started laughing and said this is not a HD these Venture are like Gold Wing's they can easily do 200,000 - 300,000mi and still run like a dream

He said he would look up the Venture on-line when he got home.

Asking if I had the motor rebuilt :crackup:That's funny

Buddy

I guess he is only familiar with Harley's. I'm sure some make it over 100,000 without a rebuild but from the people I talk too most need to be rebuilt between 60,000 and 80,000.

Ya know what really toque's my jaws? Well do ya, huh? All those people that come up to you and say, wow nice looking Harley, but I ain't never heard one that quiet:yikes:. ;)

That is as bad as a young couple (mid teens) walking by my house while I was out cleaning my 1st gen. The boy says in such a way as to impress his girl with his bike knowledge, (Nice Gold Wing). I behaved and just smiled.

My mother says I have the quietest motorcycle in the whole world.

Hmmmm, my sister's first car was a '54 Bel Air, took us 5 months to find the ashtray, and then it was by accident! Can't find many of them either!!

My sister lives in Bloomfield Hills now...

Unbelievable warranty! Unless you add a sidecar to it. Then it becomes "what warranty?"

Rick A.:Venture: