IGNORED

A Hearfelt Appeal - Please Read

Freebird

I think the posts that got out of control was because some people were telling others what they needed to do. Nobody likes to be lectured or told what to do.

In fact, if anyone here is going to do that, it should be Freebird... and Hopefully thru a PM, as nobody likes to be dressed down in public.

If we keep our posts informative and just share our experiences, "tell them what you did, not, what they have to do", we could avoid the vast majority of diagressing posts.

besides, I've found it's pointless telling someone that you have no control of, what to do, as it's simply not going to happen.

If I'm a Republican and your a Democrat, we can have any discussion we want, as long as we go into it knowing that regardless the outcome of the discussion, we will never convert the other to our side.

Same goes in regards to religion: If I'm a Catholic your not gonna convince me to become Jewish, or vice versa.

We should also become a little more selective in our assessments of products here. It's one thing to say you perfer this type of equiptment because of these characteristics... and quite another to say something is junk. Better to let the facts speak for themselves.

I'm glad you said something Freebird. And... Yes I to have gone back and deleted things also...Hey, I'm only Human...

I will second Captainjoe.

I have been on here six months and I have not been treated any other way than nice and I have asked and said some pretty off the wall stuff. I hope I have not been offensive or rough on anyone, I guess I do have a tendency to poke a little more than I should maybe it's the old salt in me.

I do believe and have seen folks on this forum go well above and beyond to help other members, looking foward to my oppurtunity to help.

Thanks Don for the course correction we all stray off compass heading now and then.

I've been on a bit longer than that but wholeheartedly agree. Gotten good advice, good discussions, and information. People have been very helpful. I've thrown in my two cents at times on topics that I felt I something to contribute to, and I hope that it never came across wrong.

Thanks Freebird for reminder/comments. Winter has GOT to be over sooner or later (just had a few inches of snow again last night - arrgggghhh) and as you say, nothing like a few rides to clear the cobwebs and refresh the soul.

Being a very passionate person in general, and eager to share my love of riding, and the repairing of these great machines, I am SURE I have been guilty of being overbearing from time to time. For this I apologize!:confused24: In my zeal to share information with my fellow VR.ORG members, I become overly excited and having a quick wit, have been known to have a bit of "fun" at other people's expense. For this, I also apologize.:confused24: As usual Don, your comments are always timely, and a good "reality check" is always welcome. Being a part of the "Family" we have here is one of the best things about this site. I will do my best to refocus my comments in a positive manner, and try to always remember that anybody can get the technical information from the repair manual, its the ability to share and communicate with each other on this site that is the real gift, much more precious than the $12.00 we spend.:thumbsup2:

Earl

I too have had my moments and in fact have deleted at least one post. But ill blame that on trying to post something at 3 am when I am at my lowest point of the day.

That being said:

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!!!!

If I have offended anyone I did not intend to offend I apologize. I try very hard to keep bad attitude from here but know I am guilty of responding when it comes in my direction.

I will apologize if I ever got others involved. Didn't want to do that.

This thinking is rough!! Can I quit now?? :think:

If I have offended anyone I did not intend to offend I apologize. I try very hard to keep bad attitude from here but know I am guilty of responding when it comes in my direction.

I will apologize if I ever got others involved. Didn't want to do that.

This thinking is rough!! Can I quit now?? :think:

Go lay down for a while Dan.

:backinmyday:

You will be OK.

Gary

I've been told " you're always trying to be a comedian, it's just not workin' for ya." :confused24:

I guess that's why I have a day job.

This is the best group of helpful, funny, sincere, BS'in people I've ever had the pleasure of being associated with.

Proud to be a member.

:cool10:

I've been told " you're always trying to be a comedian, it's just not workin' for ya." :confused24:

I guess that's why I have a day job.

This is the best group of helpful, funny, sincere, BS'in people I've ever had the pleasure of being associated with.

Proud to be a member.

:cool10:

I don't have a day job anymore!! :think:

There are some of us here that have been here from the beginning. I have been friends with Don and Eileen for quite a few years, he's one of my best friends and one of the best people I know. He puts a LOT of thought into what he says and what he does here @ VRO.

You folks have stumbled upon one of the best sites on the net, and one of the most honest and sincere person running it that will ever be. I try to be like Don in the fact that I dont bring political, religious, or personal baggage on the site. I too have deleted many responses of mine because they would stir things up. We all have bad days, me included, and if I hit the site feeling PO'd I usually dont respond to threads.

This is the greatest bunch of folks I know. I have made lifelong friendships, and became best friends with more people than I could ever imagine. I appreciate all of you and look forward to meeting even more of you. As always Tweetie.....your right on the money :)

I know I have asked some questions that probably seem very simple to some of you guys and gals, but I tell you; I have always been treated curtiously by everyone. I've gotten info and suggestions that have saved me big bucks and for that I am thankful. I have worked on something and have called back a few times before I finish the project just to confirm I'm doing it right, this at the other persons suggestion.

Since all of us fall short and only one person has walked on water to my knowledge, I will give this group the benefit of the doubt and let it slide. Only once in all of my dealings have I been treated wrong, but I surely will not hold it against Venture Rider.

One day I will get to meet the boss, and I look forward to it. Int the meantime, thanks for all you do for me,