IGNORED

It's time to unveil the new bike

Midrsv

OK, I did it, I jumped ship to the Honda camp. Yesterday I picked up a new 2010 GL1800 and I did so with reservations. I still feel the Venture provides a more comfortable riding position. While I am not as comfortable on the Wing I've ridden about 50 miles on a friends bike and with a few modifications I think I can make it work. Now, why did I make the switch now?

First, we've got a 6000 mile trip planned for this summer and my wife suggested that we take a new bike. Don't you just love a wife like that. The only bikes I considered were a new Venture, a Victory Vision, and the Wing. As good as the Venture is I just couldn't bring myself to buy another Venture with the dated design. I found the Vision very comfortable and gave it serious consideration but my wife wasn't comfortable on it. So that wouldn't do. And that left me with the Wing. If anyone cares to know, I got the Wing with CB, rear spoiler with brake light, and fog lights out the door and on the road for $20,560.

If someone would have given me any real hope that there would be an updated 2012 Venture I would have probably waited. However, no one could. So I found a nice deal on a new 2010 base GL1800 so I took the leap. If I can't make it work and/or a new Venture arrives in 2012 you may find a slightly used Wing on the market next year.

My wife asked me last night how I was going to get along without the cassette deck. Hope you guys will still let me hang around.

Dennis

Looks real nice Dennis. I like the color...

Hope you and Valerie enjoy it as well as you did the RSV.

Couple of accessories you might want to consider that I find most helpful are:

• Driver highway pegs ( I have the 6 inch but wish I had the 4 inch stubby ones)
  • Backrest (however this item may impact passenger real estate)
  • Bakerwings
  • Passenger arm rests with cup holder
  • Added 12 volt plug so you can charge cellphones..I placed one in the trunk, one in the left side "rear" glove box, and one in the left "front" side pocket.

On really hot days (90 degrees or higher) you will notice very hot air coming out of the lower side vents on both your knee caps...I am pondering many ideas to come up with an air diversion to avoid this..

Looks real nice Dennis. I like the color...

Hope you and Valerie enjoy it as well as you did the RSV.

Couple of accessories you might want to consider that I find most helpful are:

• Driver highway pegs ( I have the 6 inch but wish I had the 4 inch stubby ones)
  • Backrest (however this item may impact passenger real estate)
  • Bakerwings
  • Passenger arm rests with cup holder
  • Added 12 volt plug so you can charge cellphones..I placed one in the trunk, one in the left side "rear" glove box, and one in the left "front" side pocket.

On really hot days (90 degrees or higher) you will notice very hot air coming out of the lower side vents on both your knee caps...I am pondering many ideas to come up with an air diversion to avoid this..

Thanks Eck, I've already got 2 of those things on order. Wingstuff.com and I are going to become real familiar with each other. There's even more stuff available for the wing than the Venture. I've already got $400 worth of stuff on order and I haven't even ordered a new trailer and hitch yet.

Dennis

Congrats on the the Ride, it's nice, but i'd gone for a K1600 GTL instead.

Sure, I've been thinking about a change for a while now, how about "traitor"?:cool10:

Dennis

Sorry, but NO, Traitor is already given as second Handle to our very own SilvrT :rotf::rotf::rotf:

You will love it when you get it fitted to you..I just rode a guys Wing and he had risers on the handlebars..Thats my next addition for sure,I thought mine was OK until I rode his!You will fing you will be using the cruise alot more as I have a time keeping mine under 80/90 and I cant afford no tickets! Enjoy it and like you IF the Venture ever comes out with an updated version I will buy one but Ill always keep the Wing.

Nice color, Dennis.

So what trailer are you getting, I am looking at the Hannigan LT Trailer.

Decisions, decisions. I know Mechanic is about ready to shut down the internet so I quit looking. Just because I found an 08 white with about 7000 miles, sheeez.