IGNORED

would you Ride this Tire?

Kregerdoodle

Thats one of the reasons that I am always wary of buying a tire that is what is considered an off brand. I would rather spend a couple bucks more than have to worry about how good its going to perform on a long trip, or when I need it to perform in a corner.......

Brian

Thats one of the reasons that I am always wary of buying a tire that is what is considered an off brand. I would rather spend a couple bucks more than have to worry about how good its going to perform on a long trip, or when I need it to perform in a corner.......

Brian

Thats me so far. Cheap tires seem for the most part to be just that. Kendra is the only one I've had any luck with and they seem to be a good tire.

Jack,

Believe it or not, that was my old tire off my '89. I know Dave is good about his tire pressures as well as I am....that tire hasn't been run low by either of us.....

OK, what caused it to get that hot? Been lava riding in Hawaii lately?? :) I've never seen a tire with that kind of catastrophic failure, with that much seperation, ever. Could he have picked up a nail causing a semi slow leak and ran it that way for a few hundred miles?? What psi did the tire have before it was busted off the rim??? I surely didn't happen all at once....

OK, what caused it to get that hot? Been lava riding in Hawaii lately?? :) I've never seen a tire with that kind of catastrophic failure, with that much seperation, ever. Could he have picked up a nail causing a semi slow leak and ran it that way for a few hundred miles?? What psi did the tire have before it was busted off the rim??? I surely didn't happen all at once....

The tire had 42 psi!!! I looked at the tire again and no nail is in it...........

I've ran Shinko Tour Masters on my Vmax for a couple of sets in the last 3-4 years and haven't ever seen this on any that I've used. They just wear out really fast. I believe this is the same tire that used to be called Yokohama. Not a bad tire company, just a bad tire. You get a lemon from all manufacturers from time to time. That's why you have people that swear by them and you have people that swear at them!!!Just my:2cents: worth.

I am curious... this is my personal intrest.... what is the date code on the tire? It should have a 4 didget code on the side wall giving date of manufacture...IE: 0610 would be June 2010...... Some do not feel it is important but I have sent tires back to suplier for old date codes.

:mo money:

I run the Tour master on my Midnight and had no problems so far :whistling: and I ordered another rear tire for this coming season . I really like the tracking these tires put out but yet they do wear out sooner if you ride it hard . but over all I'm pleased with the performance these tires put out.....

Buddy