IGNORED

Getting married!

a1bummer

Well I'm finally done with school and have been back to work for just over six months now. So with that all out of the way, my better half (Jeannie) and I decided to finally get hitched. We've only been engaged for about three or so years and all. We're going on a cruise the end of January and beginning of February as kind of a reward to her for supporting my butt while I was furthering my education to try and train for a new career after the injuries I got at my last employment. Then we got to thinking and decided it would be a nice time to get hitched while we were at it. So now we're doing one of those "Destination Wedding" things in St. Thomas in the Southern Caribbeans on January 31, 2011. We've also decide to have our reception/celebration next Memorial day weekend. So this also serves as kind of an open invitation to anybody who would like to come and celebrate with us. We're gonna do a barn dance thing and a pig roast. As for entertainment we're working on getting a DJ that does a lot of events around the area. There will be plenty room for camping on her Dad's farm in Dallas, Wi. where the shindig is gonna be. Oh ya... and BEER! And who knows what else when we get all the details worked out.:dancefool:

Thanks, Bill

Congratulations!!

You'll have fun in St. Thomas. Two good places are "The Greenhouse"(they have homemade bikini contests), and a club called "For The Birds". They also setup bands on a flatbed semi trailer, in the middle of the mall parking lot, and the whole lot becomes one big dance floor. Vendors show up and sell stuff from the beds of pickup trucks. The locals can be a bit nutty, though.

Guest scarylarry
:ice_congrats-vi6886on the upcoming nuptials. My brother and his wife got married in St. Thomas, hope you have many happy years ahead of you.

Oh Larry we can fill her in if need be, you just let us know. :whistling:

Margaret

NO!!!!!!!!!!! she has really taken on target practing at the house and loves it and is getting good too...

:ice_congrats-vi6886Congratulations Bill and Jeannie.:beer:

I kinda doubt we can make it to your wedding, but we'll sure try to get to the reception.:group cheers:

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

P.S. ....and I even know where Dallas is!

LOL! Thanks guyz! I'll be sure to have some motorcycle parking only setup somewhere for you all.

• 3 weeks later...
:worthless::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:don't forget :smile5:

I'll be taking the laptop with me so I can easily transfer pics from the camera. The internet service is ridiculously expensive on the ship so I will have to use their Internet Cafe or whatever it's called to upload pics. Whatever i do, I be keeping every posted on the events.

TTYL, Bill

P.S. She doesn't believe me that she has to start listening to me after we get married. It's like the law or something right? Ya know... love, honor , AND obey. :crackup:

P.S. She doesn't believe me that she has to start listening to me after we get married. It's like the law or something right? Ya know... love, honor , AND obey. :crackup:

Might want to invest in a hardhat if you try to enforce that last little bit. Or not let her ever have any frying pans. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Margaret

The Bible tells us that the man is the head of the household....but what it doesn't say is that the wife is the neck.....and we all know the neck controls the head!:fiddle:

Guest Tailfeather

what a grand idea - to get married in the Virgin Islands!!!

geez, i wish i'd thot of that! wait 'til i tell PB&J about that!! ha, ha

love, honor, & wwhhhaaaatttt? yessirree, someone :2132:is in for a surprise.

well, i actually prefer equals, walking hand in hand, friends & all that.

it reeaalllyyy works so much better. really; think of it like folks each having things they are really good at (hopefully) & they do that juuk they are good at & share the rest.:smile11:

what a grand idea - to get married in the Virgin Islands!!!

geez, i wish i'd thot of that! wait 'til i tell PB&J about that!! ha, ha

love, honor, & wwhhhaaaatttt? yessirree, someone :2132:is in for a surprise.

well, i actually prefer equals, walking hand in hand, friends & all that.

it reeaalllyyy works so much better. really; think of it like folks each having things they are really good at (hopefully) & they do that juuk they are good at & share the rest.:smile11:

Um, he, he, what she said!:big-grin-emoticon: