IGNORED

Where do you live?

Orrin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can everyone say "water falling"? I live in St. Catharines, Ontario. I live 15 minutes from Niagara Falls. See image below.

We are in the middle of the Niagara Wine Region. Most noted for the invention of Ice Wine. The practice if harvesting grapes when they freeze on the vine and pressing immediately for a sweet, high alcohol, dessert wine. California tried to replicate this by merely freezing harvested grapes in a freezer and pressing but the FDA determined that the definition of ice wine is product that is harvested frozen from the vine and pressed. Thus, California is eliminated. Awwww.

Fantastic region for riding with meandering roads as well as open spaces, so a little of something for everyone. See image below.

This is also where the Canadians started out on their quest to trash Washington D.C., including the White House in 1814. We are the only country to do that, eh.

Come on up anytime and we'll go for a spin.

Midicat

I live in the Heart of the West! Right smack dab in the middle of Wyoming!! 300 miles Dinosaur National Monument, CO; 300 miles to Jackson Hole, WY; 300 miles to Old Faithful in Yellowstone N.P.; 300 miles to the Beartooth Rally, Red Lodge, MT; 300 miles to Sturgis, SD. We have flatlands, rolling hills, and mountains. Long straight-aways, wide sweepers, and twisties. Critters ranging from prairie dogs and antelope to moose and grizzly bears. Oh! and sometimes the wind doesn't blow!:rotf:REALLY!:rotf:

Drifter

Dan I think you should explain you work there in the prison.

I did not want the new folks to get the wrong idea.

:rotf:

Peggy

Work?? Carefull with that word. I used to work for a living. (Lineman) I'm now employed by the State. I watch them make license Plates...

Guest cyote61

North Georgia mountains. I'm 45 miles south of Chattanooga TN. Best riding in the entire country and we never put our bikes up for the winter. We got a nice ranch here for ya'll to come visit, lots of camping room and guest quarters for those that let us know in advance. The roads are twisty from our driveway to the dragons tail or hundreds of other ones all in a days ride.:cool10:

:2cents: We live in Oak Ridge Tn.

Home of the Oak Ridge Boys, and the developmental home of

the Manhatten Project.

We're 60 miles from the Dragon, 75 miles from the Cherahala Skyway. 20 miles from Knoxville.

Any direction is a great ride.

The 1st picture is of Nan and I at Bald River Falls, just off the Cherahala Skyway, the 2nd is the 9/11 rememberance ride at

Worlds Fair Park in Knoxville, the 3rd is the falls again, and the 4th is my brother with the wing and moneypit in knoxville.

east tx,30 mls southwest of shreveport la,on hwy 79,a great jumpping off place,600 mls to big bend 800 mls to the rockys,1200 mls to charley's,600 mls to the smokeys,1300 mls to the keys,if you want to ride,east tx,ar,la east ok,let me know

just got back off a ride to denver,glen cove springs,temp in the 30's,denver to okc temp in the 60's,to springfield mo,temp in the 60's,got home last nite 730 pm,didn't get wett,didn't freeze,couldn't post,till igot home,3500 mls,cowasaki,did great,BUT the vr is a better long distance,ride,gas milage,is 25% better on the COWASAKI

0H IT'S 550 MLS TO REDNECK'S:whistling:

I live in Semmes just outside of Mobile,Alabama. We have the Battleship Alabama and park. Gulf beaches and Mardi Gras. You'all are invited to the 5th Annual Bikers Ball & Rally on Joe Cain weekend, Febuary 1-3. Wear your leathers to the ball, all the seafood you can eat. The ball is Feb.2. Sunday the 3rd we ride the Mardi gras parade route with a hundred thousand people on the streets. Last year there were 2,400 bike in the parade. The rally is put on by the ABBA SHRINE. There wil be a drawing for a 2008 FXD Dyna Super Glide plus other thing. Cost is $100 a couple for everthing. Phone number is 251-633-5561 for info. Hope to see some of you there, it is alot of fun.

tew47

We're in NE Kansas & NE of Topeka.

Our house is up in the 'hills' on a heavily treed lot, with a ravine, where all our neighbors have 1+ acre lots and tons of shade on a paved dead-end road. A very quiet neighborhood.

Just around the corner is lake Perry with Yacht Clubs & Marinas. I think the lake is about 18 miles long, IIRC, with thick woods.

I came from MI in '99 & never imagined KS could look like this, most doesn't.

Kansas has the smoothest roads of any state I've ever been in. [strange]

We have some beautiful loops of scenery in the glacial bluffs, the huge lake, MO river, etc.

The problem is, when we jump on the scoot and go 100 miles in a straight line......in any direction......we're in Flat, USA. With only utility poles for shade.

The major attractions in KS are:

1. Geographic centerpost of the U.S.

2. Largest ball of twine.

3. Deepest hand dug well.

4. The 3 legged cow.

Can’t believe no one from Colorado chimed in yet… Centennial is in the Denver area so just pick a direction and you have a great ride. West is the Rockies nuf said. North to Estes Park, Wyoming and my resent ride to Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. South to Colorado Springs and the Garden of the Gods or father to New Mexico. East to the Plaines for as far as you want to ride. You can ride as far as you want for as long as you want and never have to use an interstate.

Ahha I remember that..........Lackland....Basic.....Security Police/Law Enforcement school.....Camp Bullis.... combat/servival and K-9 School. Had a Honda then before my 1st son was born. Deje Vu.

Born and raised in San Diego too many sights to list; ride year round. Rod

We live in Eldon Mo. Its close to the Lake of the Ozarks which used to be the largest man made lake in the country. We have hills, rivers and big springs. My favorite part of the state is between here and Arkansas. Some of the best float streams in the nation are south of here. Lots of curvy roads. When you go north it turns into plains.