IGNORED

Why does it have to be???

midnite

Riding today was pretty good. Met many bikes out on the road, But what caught my attention was the fact of who wasn't waving back. The ones on the GWs were the ones looking the other way, or just ignoring us alltogether. What's up with that. I know all GW riders as Not all HD riders are a__holes ,but why they want to look down there nose at us.Just really pisses me off when somebody passes judgement on me, thinking themselves better. We all ride two wheels, can't help it if I want to see my engine not plastic.:soapbox:Sorry I'll go back to my corner now.No offense to the GW riders on the site have met a few of you and like you all.:thumbsup2:

I find that many times, as much as I pay attention to other bikes, I miss several of them. perhaps because I am concentrating on a bonehead in front of me or such. Some guys just dont feel comfortable letting go of the handlebars. I'm sure there are some that just play a clique, but I know personally I have missed a wave at another bike just because I didn't see them till the last second due to my mind being on something else.

I think it's a sign of the times. Noticed the same thing today. Out of 50-60 bikes passed on a 2 hour ride I got a wave from 3-4 cruisers. So it didn't make any difference what they were riding..... Way back in the day there weren't as many riders out and about. You were lucky to see 4 or 5 all day long, and of course we waved. We were brothers. Today there are so many, the camaraderie has worn off into indifference...

I don't pay it much thought. I wave at everybody, Harleys, scooters, wings and even bicycles. If they want to wave that's cool.

If they don't want to wave that's fine too. I don't pay much attention to who does or doesn't.

Edited by eazyduzzit
clarification

It probably goes all the way back to why the Ventures were made to begin with, the rivalry started there, I have rode Harley's ,Gold wings and now ventures they all have their respective places, I respect all of them for what they offer, but being a loyalist, I'm loyal to what I'm riding at the time, But I still wave to every bike I pass with nothing expected in return. Its all about being me!

I think like Condor said....years back it was an acknowledgement of another free spirit...a brother rider.

Today...there are so many bikes on the road that I don't really feel special or any real comeraderee....sometimes I just don't bother!

Now when I see a venture....:thumbsup:

the only time i don't wave bak iz win i don.t see their wave due to watching the road or traffic. when i see another scooter, i wave no matter what unless i am on unruly roads when i need bote hands on de barz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eye don't worree bout squid snappin, its the rebound effect on the way bak that scares me !!!

due to my mind being on something else.

Yah we know your mind wanders all over the place :stickpoke:

Brad

It's like a trickle down efect!:rotf:

It's really like an old rusty steel trap....you just never know when it's gonna SNAP!

:yikes:

Or just Freeze up and never work again:big-grin-emoticon:L'ill buddy:080402gudl_prv:With that:15_8_211[1]:

Riding today was pretty good. Met many bikes out on the road, But what caught my attention was the fact of who wasn't waving back. The ones on the GWs were the ones looking the other way, or just ignoring us alltogether. What's up with that. I know all GW riders as Not all HD riders are a__holes ,but why they want to look down there nose at us.Just really pisses me off when somebody passes judgement on me, thinking themselves better. We all ride two wheels, can't help it if I want to see my engine not plastic.:soapbox:Sorry I'll go back to my corner now.No offense to the GW riders on the site have met a few of you and like you all.:thumbsup2:

Hmmm, who's passing judgement on whom?:no-no-no:

Sometimes I wave, sometimes I don't. Sounds like maybe you need to just enjoy riding instead of keeping score. JMO.

How many of you people complaining about not getting waved at don't wave at sport bikes? I am about the only one in my area that rides a dual sport and at this point I don't wave when I am riding it unless I am waved to because I get tired of being ignored.

Awww man sport bikes !! do we have to wave to those guys?:stirthepot: we have a big contingent of sport riders here (German Air force) they all ride the crotch rockets, I always wave to them. and guess what they always wave back.

I think like Condor said....years back it was an acknowledgement of another free spirit...a brother rider.

Today...there are so many bikes on the road that I don't really feel special or any real comeraderee....sometimes I just don't bother!

Now when I see a venture....:thumbsup:

DITTO

On any given weekend ride, I will see tons of riders and frankly, it's getting to be a PITA waving at all of them... so, I wave at a few, if I think about it and it's convenient.

I pay it much thought. I wave at everybody, Harleys, scooters, wings and even bicycles. If they want to wave that's cool.

If they don't want to wave that's fine too. I don't pay much attention to who does or doesn't.

I decided a long time ago to do this same thing. I try to wave at all bikers, not at their bikes. It makes my ride more enjoyable, what ever they decided to do!!!

Wasn't trying to pass judgement on anyone, but as the contingency shows, I guess I'll do my thing and everyone else, oh well. I'll enjoy my ride. Maybe I have that look, like a sheep eatin dog, it scares them I reccon:witch_brew:

I have a long commute to work. When I am on the bike I see the same riders at about the same place every day. Most of us no longer wave, just make eye contact and a nod.

Other than my commute to work, I wave at anything on 2 wheels, other than a cage.

What I have noticed is that the majority of the non-wavers are those with no helmet. I always ware a helmet. I do not know if that is coincidence or not. But the helmet seems to make more of a difference than the brand or type of bike. just my :2cents: