IGNORED

I stand corrected

tufftom4

No problem. You're not the first. Probably won't be the last. We all have to work at it from time to time.

If you get to feeling like arguing politics or religion you might give Topix a try. Not a lot of restrictions. Of course, you'll find that there are folks there who actually studied polysci, theology, and/or science, and you might wind up getting spanked. e.g. Don't go into an Evolution discussion and say "it's only a theory". British kittens will die. :) On the other hand there are real live scientists there and one can learn a lot if one is so disposed.

Glad to have you here.

After reading the remarks and thinking about what I wrote I was wrong...and for that I am sorry, I know this site is for fun and to help each other and I crossed the line I am sorry and hope to make it up.

Tom, we all understand completely - sorry for any initial misunderstanding, and we look forward to lots of interesting discussions with you. Welcome to the group!

Goose

No problem Tom. You aren't the first and won't be the last. There are a few here who are very aware of the rule and will still try to push it.

Well I know you aren't talking about me. I just get in trouble with buckets it seems.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Margaret

After reading the remarks and thinking about what I wrote I was wrong...and for that I am sorry, I know this site is for fun and to help each other and I crossed the line I am sorry and hope to make it up.

Dont even worry about it..You dont know how many times my fingers have typed out something ..then I waited a bit and reread it and figured it really served no purpose so didnt hit the submit button..Glad you are hanging around..Tom

No problem. You're not the first. Probably won't be the last. We all have to work at it from time to time.

If you get to feeling like arguing politics or religion you might give Topix a try. Not a lot of restrictions. Of course, you'll find that there are folks there who actually studied polysci, theology, and/or science, and you might wind up getting spanked. e.g. Don't go into an Evolution discussion and say "it's only a theory". British kittens will die. :) On the other hand there are real live scientists there and one can learn a lot if one is so disposed.

Glad to have you here.

I don't know, from what I've seen of Topix only about one in 50 posts is by someone with an actual brain, the rest are political pundits and religious zealots from the far extremes spouting rhetoric and insulting anyone that disagrees.

I don't know, from what I've seen of Topix only about one in 50 posts is by someone with an actual brain, the rest are political pundits and religious zealots from the far extremes spouting rhetoric and insulting anyone that disagrees.

No doubt about that. It does tend to illustrate that whole Bell Curve thing. One guy is from Saudi Arabia and spews pages of gibberish about how the Qur'an has every answer to every question. People point how how and why he's wrong, and he just spouts the same thing over again until it drives people a little crazy. Sad, really. He even went so far as to collect his comments and selected responses, edit them, then publish them on Scribd. He presents it as the hatred of non-muslims toward the poor peaceful muslim believer.

On the other hand, several of the larger Evolution threads have a group of science junkies, including an archaeologist, a physicist, and a mathematics professor. Those guys post links that are an fantastic. I seldom posted. Mostly I just read the science links.

The real point to my post, however, was that if one wants an argument fix, that's a fine place to get it. There's certainly no shortage of arguments. :)

I don't argue over religion, as I don't believe in it. I prefer to live by pure logic. If I can see, hear, smell or taste it, then it must be real. I don't get that with Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or God. But, I don't have a problem with anyone believing whatever they want to. Hey, it's your right, and alot of people died so that we all can believe in whatever we want, without repercussions.

It's best to let people believe what they want, and not argue about it. We can all get along without it anyway. We're here to talk about motorcycles.....right?

I don't argue over religion, as I don't believe in it. I prefer to live by pure logic. If I can see, hear, smell or taste it, then it must be real. I don't get that with Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or God. But, I don't have a problem with anyone believing whatever they want to. Hey, it's your right, and alot of people died so that we all can believe in whatever we want, without repercussions.

It's best to let people believe what they want, and not argue about it. We can all get along without it anyway. We're here to talk about motorcycles.....right?

see I have alot of respect for that. One of my sayings is that "i am not asking you to side with me, just understand where I am coming from". Some people can some cant.

But I do believe in God, I do not have anything against people that dont, as long as you treat me like a person.

Two of my best friends are athiest, we dont argue about it, we just dont bring it up because there are so many more things that we have in common to talk about.

I dont mean to get on beliefs, that was not intended it is just an example that so many people have to be around people who think as they do. Think about this, if we were all the same, who would be special.

I want to talk Santa Claus.

I prefer to live by pure logic. If I can see, hear, smell or taste it, then it must be real. I don't get that with Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or God.

Do you believe in Gravity? ..how about magnetic fields?

Hee Hee!!!

:stickpoke: :stirthepot: