IGNORED

Don't you just LOVE banks

Freebird

Interesting evening yesterday. I was in the hotel last night and decided to check my banking account. I do do that on a regular basis so it must have been some sort of premonition.

So, I get paid twice a month via automatic deposit. Yesterday was not a payday but due to some sort of computer glitch, the company did a payroll deposit. They almost immediately caught it and then sent out a deposit reversal to all our banks. No problem right?

WRONG. Then my bank made a mistake. They never credited the initial deposit to my account but were kind enough to withdraw the REVERSAL...so....my account was debited the amount of two weeks pay from my balance.

It was truly by chance that I even checked the account last night. I contacted the bank and they immediately corrected the mistake and it caused no problems but you REALLY have to watch this stuff. :bang head:

Guest Ken8143

Yeah - I made a deposit from a large company - the check bounced - and I get to pay $20 bank fee for it. How much sense does that make. Answer: NONE

I could type my fingers down to bloody little stumps telling you about banks.... if you have ever had the "pleasure" of being an executor of someones estate ....and IF you don't belong to THAT particular bank.... every check that came into the estate was torture!! Finally I just said, "Lets just close this account, and I'll deal with my own bank and make them handle the checks." All of a sudden no more runaround, everything went smooth as butter from then on .... hhhmmm MUST of been a coincidence!:scratchchin:

Interesting evening yesterday. I was in the hotel last night and decided to check my banking account. I do do that on a regular basis so it must have been some sort of premonition.

So, I get paid twice a month via automatic deposit. Yesterday was not a payday but due to some sort of computer glitch, the company did a payroll deposit. They almost immediately caught it and then sent out a deposit reversal to all our banks. No problem right?

WRONG. Then my bank made a mistake. They never credited the initial deposit to my account but were kind enough to withdraw the REVERSAL...so....my account was debited the amount of two weeks pay from my balance.

It was truly by chance that I even checked the account last night. I contacted the bank and they immediately corrected the mistake and it caused no problems but you REALLY have to watch this stuff. :bang head:

Know exactally what you mean..last month my bank issued me a new credit card...the problem was, that someone had hacked into their system and stole 25,000 master card account numbers...This scumbucket had a great time in MeXico for two days on my credit card.:no-no-no:...I check my account every two days..caught it quickly and the money was returned into my account:banana:...what I dont understand is that this was reported in the local newspapers three weeks earlier:confused24:....(the numbers theft I mean)...but, they still issued me this card.:think:...maybe it was more card numbers than they thought?...LIFE IS FUN.......:rotf::rotf::fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

You guys don't know what Credit Card problems are like until ya have a dozen pygmies going onna spending spree with your Cards.......:crying:

Boomer....who sez the stuff they bought at Victoria's Secret is really cool tho....:thumbsup2:

I hear you can stuff 2 or 3 of them pygmies in a 55 gal. barrel without too much problem, then take them for a boat ride...:big-grin-emoticon:

I sold some property I owned in Pagosa Springs, Co. I went and deposited the check into my account. I was on my bike and had a lot of cars lined up behind me, so I just stuck the receipt in my pocket and took off. Bad move, when I got home I took the receipt out and was going to put it in my checkbook, but noticed something was missing.........a zero was left out before the decimal point and instead of a $23,000.00 deposit it was $2,300.00!!:shock3::shock3:

Well I didnt trust a phone call, so I ran back to the bank and went straight to the manager and pointed out their omisson.............He went straight to the drive in and found my deposit and fixed it up...........Now I check my slips every time I get them back in my hand........Aint gonna let that happen again............:bang head::bang head:

You don't wanna get me started on 5thTurd and how they handle their deposits, debits, credits and the weekends,,,,,,,,, Suffice it to say that I'll have a new bank in a week or so. Tired of the monster mega banks. Gonna look at a few credit unions around here. :headache:

And Boomer, send me some of those pygmies to donate to our local branch........

Used to have all sorts of trouble with banks so I switched to a credit union and have had very little trouble. The couple of times that I had a problem (1 time was my fault) the credit union took care of it fast and made things right. Never again will I deal with banks.

And Boomer, send me some of those pygmies to donate to our local branch........

PM me the co-ordinates and I'll air-drop a bunch of em within 72 hours.....:Laugh:

Boomer.....who sez them pygmies would play hell with those Bank computers and crap all over the floor too.:shock3::big-grin-emoticon:

I guess I've been lucky - I've allowed the same bank to handle my money for over 20 years. Before them, I had the same bank for about 15 years - I only changed because they got ate up by a conglomerate.

In 1980 I got a real estate loan without filling out an application - simply asked the VP for 40 grand, he said OK and transfered the money to my checking :thumbsup: A week or so later a loan officer called and said I had to come in and fill out an App. said it was a law or something.

Years ago, I paid for a pizza with a check.. next thing I receive is a letter saying the check was bad due to Insufficient Funds and they were notifying me that I had to pay a $20.00 fee..

I went to my bank the very next day with the letter and asked where my money was..

They checked and admitted they reviewed the wrong account in that I had way more then the $9.00 to cover the pizza..

I asked them for a print out of my account to show the pizza place that I did in fact have the money in my account and i also asked for a letter from the bank stating that THEY made the mistake.

I went to the pizza place and spoke with the owner, and showed him the portion of my account related to the day I wrote the check and the preceding week after I wrote it to prove I had more then enough for the pizza. Then I showed him the letter from my bank where they admitted THEY made the mistake.

He said so what...the check bounced and if I didnt pay the $20 bucks he would take me to court.

Yep, I went to court with him and I presented the judge with the letter from the bank and my account information and the judge told the pizza owner he had the wrong person in court and to sue my bank.. not me.. (which he did)

Years later, I moved to Huntsville, Al and wanted to open a checking / savings account and when I went into a bank with a bank check to open an account, the bank said they would not let me open an account with them because I had an outstanding bounced check in Savannah, Ga for $9.00.............

There I stood with a check for over 100K from my house that I just sold and the bank would not take it..

I went across the street to another bank.. and have been with them ever since..

Years ago, I paid for a pizza with a check.. next thing I receive is a letter saying the check was bad due to Insufficient Funds and they were notifying me that I had to pay a $20.00 fee..

I went to my bank the very next day with the letter and asked where my money was..

They checked and admitted they reviewed the wrong account in that I had way more then the $9.00 to cover the pizza..

I asked them for a print out of my account to show the pizza place that I did in fact have the money in my account and i also asked for a letter from the bank stating that THEY made the mistake.

I went to the pizza place and spoke with the owner, and showed him the portion of my account related to the day I wrote the check and the preceding week after I wrote it to prove I had more then enough for the pizza. Then I showed him the letter from my bank where they admitted THEY made the mistake.

He said so what...the check bounced and if I didnt pay the $20 bucks he would take me to court.

Yep, I went to court with him and I presented the judge with the letter from the bank and my account information and the judge told the pizza owner he had the wrong person in court and to sue my bank.. not me.. (which he did)

Years later, I moved to Huntsville, Al and wanted to open a checking / savings account and when I went into a bank with a bank check to open an account, the bank said they would not let me open an account with them because I had an outstanding bounced check in Savannah, Ga for $9.00.............

There I stood with a check for over 100K from my house that I just sold and the bank would not take it..

I went across the street to another bank.. and have been with them ever since..

Damn, that's crazy even by bank standards! :eek:

Used to have all sorts of trouble with banks so I switched to a credit union and have had very little trouble. The couple of times that I had a problem (1 time was my fault) the credit union took care of it fast and made things right. Never again will I deal with banks.

I had an some accounts with a local bank. They were purchased by a regional bank which was in turn purchased by Bank of America. The fees hit almost immediately.

I now do everything with the local credit union.

I read something lately (I think in AARP) that the way to go to avoid the fees upon fees and get good customer service is to go with a Credit Union. As for B of A they want to be the "Walmart" of the banking industry. I guess that means to only hire minimum wage part time employees to handle your money.

I'm sure glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's been going round and round with banks. I've had more issues with mine that I can even recall anymore, and we're in the middle of trying to iron out another stupid one. I have come to detest automatic deposits and debits too. I don't want anything directly linked to my bank account like that. It gives other parties too much power in my account and my bank doesn't do enough to protect me. If there were any other options around here I'd jump ship. But in our little town there is only one.

My daughter banks with BofA and she went to deposit a paycheck and they told her that there would be a hold on the check. She had another paycheck a couple of days later and was told the same thing. How can the banks hold 4 weeks of pay for someone who basically live paycheck to paycheck?? :confused07: I am with the rest of the credit union users. I changed to a CU after the bank I was dealing with told me they were going to charge me a monthly fee to have just a simple savings account. GOOD BYE and have been with the CU ever since.