IGNORED

Daaaaaaannnnng, again

Marcarl

Well it happened again.

First of all we have a good sized fire in our 'back yard', our neighbors ginseng straw covering caught fire from our garbage fire, cost was about $1000.00 for firetrucks and then some lots more for the ginseng equipment.

Next Marca drives the Saab right into the back corner of this guy that cut her off,,, taught him a lesson for sure, but the insurance has decided to write the car off, but won't give me enough to buy me another one, so more money needed. This has been in the works for the last two weeks and I think they are getting a little fed up with me,,,,,,,,,

SO NOW comes

Coming home today from picking up some meat, I approach the intersection just down the road from us. It is normally controlled by a stop light, you know the kind, when the one side shows red the other side is supposed to show green, and then some monkey switches them just as you approach???? well that's the kind of light we have here,,,,, except that the monkey went on a break, and so left the lights in the flashing mode,,,, some people might think the lights are broke at this point,,, but I know better, I've had to deal with this monkey before, and I've had a talk to the traffic department about him,, but so far, he's still got the job.

And today, he took a break,,, right at 'rush hour' I mean, the intersection was full. So as I approached and noticed that he was monkeying around, I slowed down,, I didn't trust him, nor did I trust the drivers who were all trying to get home before the husband ate up all the goodies left over from last night. I was cautious all right, I was only doing about 30 kph or about 20 mph when I entered the intersection. I had flashing amber and the cross traffic had flashing red. Now when you have a flashing red, according to the rule book you must stop and proceed only when the way is clear,,,, but not today, because off to my left is a lady who decides that now it is her turn to go, so off she goes, pedal to the medal, (remember what her husband could be up to?) and so decides that since she is first she'll make it and I'll just have to stop!!!!!! but not today, the monkey is my witness, I tried to stop alright, but I got her attention real fast by doing serious damage to the front corner of her vehicle first. In the process the front of our meat van also suffered some damage that needs to be repaired,,, almost the whole front fell off, turns out it's all plastic,,, ouch,,,, almost like my bike.

Now I wonder what the insurance company is going to say,,,,, bet they won't fool with me anymore,, it keeps getting bigger and more expensive.

Everybody is Ok, just need to have a little body work on the front of my van, and the lady should buy a tank.

Well they say that bad things happen in 3's. So it should be smooth sailing for you from here on out. You would be surprised at how many people think that when a light malfunctions (they think it malfunctions but flashes red and yellow by design) that everyone must stop. I have argued until I'm blue in the face that if they wanted everyone to stop it would be flashing red all the way around. Flashing yellow means proceed with caution, flashing red means stop and proceed when clear. Glad your all right.

Shoot me an address and I'll send a pack of pygmies to clean house on that monkey.:thumbsup2:

Boomer.....who has no use for monkeys or finger-chewing parrots.:Laugh:

Not sure we want any pygmies,,, can't trust them any better than monkeys. just have to take the cleaver over there again, and offer to trim that monkey up some,,,, worked last time I think,,, at least he improved for a while.

I heard with the storms yesterday there was small tornados, I must admit .... you came to mind!

Good luck Carl, I am presuming that the lady was charged, not you.

And don't pay any deductible, it puts the fault partially on you, SHE pays your deductible ... (from experience there buddy!! Took me 5 years to get that back!)

Again, good luck MUST be comin' your way!!

I certainly hope that the 3rd strike it is for a while.

Best of luck with the insurance, as others have said. Our "No fault" coverage here is more of a money grab on both sides than a simplification. It applies in more cases than you'd think, even when there is obvious fault on a driver.

If we ride in the near future, let's stick to some quiet roads... with no monkeys...

Ok, I am curious, since you had the yellow and she had the red, was she sited for failure to yield? And if she was, her insurance would be responsible for fixing your vehicle. That is the way I see it in my book.

RandyA

:sign yeah that:

Insurance adjuster called and took all the particulars. First she says that seeing as the lights were not functioning, we were to be classified as both at fault and so I would have to pay my deductible, and I would have a claim registered against my policy. I then informed her that the signals were working,, if they were not working there would be no lights at all, but seeing as they were flashing, they were working, and there are provisions for that in the highway traffic act, which was written for just such an occasion as this. She put me on hold while she investigated and came back to say that I was right,,,, now can you imagine how good I was feeling to have a woman tell me I was right???????? got to find me this female,, make her an offer,, these are a rare breed indeed.

Anyways we now have the van at the fix-it shop, got a rental all paid for in the drive, looking forward to the weekend, and have a little faith in the insurance company,,, not a lot, just a little,,,,, still have to finish dealing with them on the Saab issue, they ain't so happy with me there.