IGNORED

New Hannigan Side car

Finally got the Hannigan LT Sidecar installed. Already done a couple of rides with a pillion and sidecar passenger. I will probably get the raked Triple Tree's installed. Other than the arm strong steering I am really pleased with the set up:big-grin-emoticon:

I wonder if there would be any advantage in having Hannigan rake the front end of a normal RSV, no trike or sidecar. I wonder how it would handle?

Quickstep has ridden mine with leading link as two wheeler, and quote: "handles like a bucket of s**t!!" Does that answer your question?:think:

Finally got the Hannigan LT Sidecar installed. Already done a couple of rides with a pillion and sidecar passenger. I will probably get the raked Triple Tree's installed. Other than the arm strong steering I am really pleased with the set up:big-grin-emoticon:

SWEET!!! One of the nicest side car setups I've seen!

I may have to reconsider the Hannigan trike conversiion and go this route instead. The wife doesn't think she would feel comfortable/safe in a sidecar...that is at least one of the obstacles.

Beside your wife not wanting to ride in it ... there is a much steeper learning curve driving a sidecar rig and a trike. I had a Honda ST1300 with the Hannigan sidecar built at Murray, it ran great, but it takes awhile to get used to the bike pulling to the right when accelerating and pulling to the left when braking. I had my triple tree worked on in Canada and it made a lot of difference but that pulling effect was still there and was compounded when the wife was in the sidecar ... and she is not big by any means. I finally sold it and went through various bikes and setups until I got to the Hannigan Trike with the RSV. I would never try and talk anyone out of a sidecar kit, just maybe try and get someone to let you drive theirs for awhile before you pull the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
I may have to reconsider the Hannigan trike conversiion and go this route instead. The wife doesn't think she would feel comfortable/safe in a sidecar...that is at least one of the obstacles.

It is sweet, I could put my dogs in the side car!!! Wife would have to ride on the back, out in the rain with me!!:depressed:

Welcome to sidecaring . Hannigans the best no doubt. It takes some getting used to but always a blast. I love mine so much I can't find a good enough reason to get rid of it. My kids used to ride in mine but their all grown up and ride their own bikes. Enjoy it!:big-grin-emoticon:

My wife says she actually feels safer in the sidecar then on the back of the bike. :confused24: I am not arguing:whistling::whistling: