IGNORED

Biker Down * Ed (Run-n-bare)

BradT

Run-n-bare had a rear tire blow out on him near North Bay this past week. He said he got it down under 100 km before he went down. Ed also stated he did not go down but he just "parked it funny and was pretending to be an asphalt tumbleweed".

I talked to Ed and he said it was okay, to post this. He is okay, a little bruised and sore. He had chaps and leather jacket on which helped him alot, but was knocked out, and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. He is now home safe.

A little cosmetic damage but if anyone has any parts upper fairing right and the black plastic that houses the class system (please email ed or post here). He is amazed with how well he made out, he said that he has had more damage from dropping the bike it in the driveway.

He did have a snowmobile ski strapped to the seat and he believes this may have helped prevent more damage to the bike. For you southerners who do not see snow, this is a precation that us Canadians must take and carry a ski with us while riding late in the season (just in case).:sign20:

Ed we are glad your okay. Take it easy.

Brad, Rhonda and the Girls

Glad you're OK Run-n-bare!

(And it's a good thing you weren't! Run-n-bare that is :rotfl:)

I speak from experience when I say "Devcon Plastic Welder"! Here it's available at Wally World in the hardware/glues dept. If you add some fiberglass cloth in the repair it's super strong. I would lay down the epoxy, then press the cloth into it. It bonds well with the ABS. You can even rebuild tabs that way.

Good luck with the bruises and the plastic.

hi Ed

take care buddy, take your time, we dont bounce as well these days. if you need a hand let me know, as i am still off work after my bike accident a few weeks ago. i have just finished sourcing parts for my left side fairing etc, i have a few contacts for when you are ready to start putting the ol girl back together. rest up, take it easy, and get well soon, Sherry sends a :bighug:

Scott and Sherry

real sorry to hear about ed....

wish him a quick recovery..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

but what i really would like to know, is.......how did the stuffed cuddly bear....i think it was.....or was it a froggy.....that he had strapped on his trunk make out? did it survive.....did it hang around to tend to ed.......or did it take the opportunity to make its escape??.........ed?:confused24:

you take care, buddy. and see you next years riding season.:080402gudl_prv:

What kind of Tire did you have on the rear ? Worn out ? Quite new ? Brand of Tire ?:detective::confused24:

It was/is a Dunlop, and I think the boy in blue already mentioned it too him.

but what i really would like to know, is.......how did the stuffed cuddly bear....i think it was.....or was it a froggy.....that he had strapped on his trunk make out? did it survive.....did it hang around to tend to end.......or did it take the opportunity to make its escape??.........ed?:confused24:

Abdul I believe he survived. See Pic

Brad

Glad you're OK Run-n-bare!

(And it's a good thing you weren't! Run-n-bare that is :rotfl:)

I speak from experience when I say "Devcon Plastic Welder"! Here it's available at Wally World in the hardware/glues dept. If you add some fiberglass cloth in the repair it's super strong. I would lay down the epoxy, then press the cloth into it. It bonds well with the ABS. You can even rebuild tabs that way.

Good luck with the bruises and the plastic.

thanks TODD for pasisn on that info.

ED

Glad to hear that your OK after going down like that.

I've used the devcon and cloth also and it works great.

Living in Wisconsin, I really don't understand the ski thing though.

Steve

Steve some how, I have trouble believin you don;t know the SKI THING ..lol

ED

Ed,

Your in our thoughts and were glad to hear that it wasn't worse. Take your time and heal up proper, lots of riding to do next year :happy34:

Thanks Brad, appreciate your handling this for the old coot :)

Will do Squidly, and I will share story in person with YOU next year . :sick:

ED

Ed, VERY glad to hear that your ok!! Could have been a whole lot worse my friend!!

Bet the cops were going CRAZY looking for the snowmobile you hit until you woke up and told them the ski was part of your bike :bobby:

YES COWPUC, lol when the Officer came to the hospital to have "the talk" ..lol..

We all (nurse- doc -officer-Wil -me) had a good laugh told him why I had it ,like Brad T said its protection for fall ridin up here .lol

also said if he had asked befor they took me away ,would have said hope you catch that son of a Bi%#@H that left that ski in the HIT & RUN.lol..

Ed :rotf: