IGNORED

It's been a long time.....

Squidley

.....But Finally Finally Finally!....I got a job

:)

I'd like to share this with you folks, there are many here in Texas and all over that have helped Lonna and I while we were down and as poor as poor could be. We have the best friends anyone could deserve, and there are many here that I love beyond words.

Today, with the help of one of my best friends, Ponch, I was able to get hired in where David works @ Dicar as a machinery maintenance man. The pay is decent, 1/3 less than what I was making....but I have a job. I will tell you all here that I keep things close to the cuff when it comes to how we are doing. We have always been ok, but I have been as depressed and down as any other time in my life. Not being able to support your family wears on a guy. Lonna and I have been "homeless" since we packed up and left out house in Michigan in late October. Gunboat has been the best blessing we could have hoped for, he is one of my best friends and I love him dearly. Without him, we wouldn't have been able to come to Texas, and I can never repay him for all he has put himself through to help both Lonna and myself.

I would like to tell you all that I am giddy with excitement, and perhaps tomorrow I will be. But today, I am just relieved, the kind of relief you have when you have been fighting a Gorilla for 7 months and can finally stop fighting with him. I am happy, and I am so looking forward to be able to make some money. I know we all complain about work, I know when it's 100 degrees in August here I will too....but I will remember that I have a job to be able to go to.

No great revelations, No banners or Hoopla, just thankful that I can give my brain a little rest and get that elephant off my chest. To all my brothers and sisters here that said a prayer for us....Thank you.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's GREAT news !!!

I have been in that same situation myself and can relate....I didn't have to relocate like you did but I was out of work for close to 3 years....no fun. Working now for less money...love it.....never been happier.

Enjoy the new job!!!

Keith