IGNORED

1st an 2nd Genaration tell the different??

I have an 2006 RSTD Pearl White 48k "DarkSider" and lov it. But I keep reading about 1st an 2nd Gen on the Bikes?? Where does it start and stop? What is the Different???

Soon as I get a good Camara I will send sum pic's.

Check this link

http://www.venturerider.org/modules/history/index.php

1st gen is 83-93 (made up of MK I 83-85 and MK II 86-93)

2nd gen is 96-2010 (acutally 99-2010 but I included the "Tour" model which I think started in 96 ??)

It's really simple to tell a 1st gen from a 2nd gen.

The first gens are the ones torn apart laying all over the driveway and the owner is on E-Bay hoping he can find the needed parts, while the second gens just keep going. :stirthepot:

Let's see how bad I get bashed over this!!!

Dave

Disclaimer: The above post is purely meant in jest, before you first genners take offense and demand I be banished from this great site for spouting blasphemy, please accept my apologies. I do not discriminate against first genners, I make fun of everybody. :moon:

The first gens are the ones torn apart laying all over the driveway and the owner is on E-Bay hoping he can find the needed parts, while the second gens just keep going. :stirthepot:

Dave

Disclaimer: The above post is purely meant in jest, before you first genners take offense and demand I be banished from this great site for spouting blasphemy, please accept my apologies. I do not discriminate against first genners, I make fun of everybody. :moon:

I think we need an actual forum named "Generation Bashing" so that when someone see's the opportunity to turn a decent thread into a 1st/2nd gen bashing, they can go there and allow this thread to stick to the topic. :witch_brew:

Oh wait..... that would be no fun at all then, would it??

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dave

It's easy to get parts to repair a 2d Gen. All you need to do is follow a Harley and pick up the pieces that fall off cuz they will fit your knock off..... :duck:

:15_8_211[1]:

It's easy to get parts to repair a 2d Gen. All you need to do is follow a Harley and pick up the pieces that fall off cuz they will fit your knock off..... :duck:

:15_8_211[1]:

Knock off?!?! Virago 1100, thats a knock off.... :Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George: And I would never put Harley junk on my sweet venture. :dancefool:

Dave

all i can say is lets see how many of your 2nd genners bikes are still running after they have been around for 23 or 27 years like the 1st gen have. :buttkick: . you know the 1st gens are faster and don't look like a harley.:stirthepot: you could get a 2nd gen to go fast but you have to remove all the safety chrome and then get a 1st gen to pull you behind it so you can feel what it feels like to go fast.:rasberry:

Well, it's for SURE that every Second Gen. owner knows what THE BACK of a First Gen. Looks LIKE!:moon::clap2::doh: With that being said, The First Gen. VR is a Sport Touring bike and the Second Gen. RSV is a "Cruiser" type touring motorcycle. The First Gen. VR seats the rider Erect to slightly leaning forward and the Second Gen. RSV seats the rider with feet forward, sorta' slouching and leaning away from the handlebars. Oh, but the Second Gen. RSV does come with that big old Dunkin' Donut front tire and a cassette player, or is it an 8track, I forget.:crackup:The second Gen. RSV engine doesn't REV as high as the First Gen. VR, but it doesn't matter because the Second Gen. RSV doesn't have a TACH anyway! :doh: But it does have a SPEEDO that reminds me for my grandmother's Studebaker SPEEDO, How cute!:whistling:

Earl

ONE of these days, those 1st Genners will finally realize that the reason they leave us 2nd Genners in the dust like that is because we allow them to.. WE have no need to puff up and pretend our bikes are actually faster just so that we can feel good with our choice of bikes..

But it's been proven that it's best to let the 1st Genner believe what they want so that they can join us on the big roads trip..

Basically what we all do for the Harley guys.. kinda but with kindness ;)

I have an 2006 RSTD Pearl White 48k "DarkSider" and lov it. But I keep reading about 1st an 2nd Gen on the Bikes?? Where does it start and stop? What is the Different???

Soon as I get a good Camara I will send sum pic's.

You can go here to learn about the different models with Yamaha's V-4 engine. Just follow the links.

Well I had the First Gen. 83 model fastest one made,really miss it should have kept it. Very fast and great in curves. handle like a sport bike really easy to handle . Second Gen. has more leg room for rider & passenger which is better for long distance runs, kinda top heavy at times when stopping but you get used to it over time. Runs out good and can run the curves just as good as the First Gen. If you want one with sport handling First Gen is it, If you want a Cruiser with long distance runs Second Gen. is it

But if you want both sport & long Distance in one bike ....Do like I did.

Went with the Gold Wing GL1800 enough said:buttkick:I'm in hot water now..

But Dont worry I'm checking out a 1996 Royal Star this week. Looking for something not so top heavy like the Second Gen. to help with my Knee problem.

I have to laugh every time I hear a 1st genner say the 1st gens are faster than a second gen. I really don't care to have the fastest :no-no-no:, if I did, I would have bought a Hyabusa. I do enjoy going to the M&E's and not HAVE to drag out the tools to make repairs on some worn out part of my bike!

I really admire our "Chrome Callenged" members and their 1st generation Ventures, it takes alot of courage and mechanical experience to try and keep those old dinosaurs on the road. :bowdown:

On the serious side, I think old man winter is really working hard on all of us. :crying: I want to get out for a nice loooong ride, instead, I sit here and try to stir the proverbial pot.

I hope ya'll don't think I'm being too mean spirited. I always love a good lighthearted debate.

Dave

I have to laugh every time I hear a 1st genner say the 1st gens are faster than a second gen. I really don't care to have the fastest :no-no-no:, if I did, I would have bought a Hyabusa. I do enjoy going to the M&E's and not HAVE to drag out the tools to make repairs on some worn out part of my bike!

I really admire our "Chrome Callenged" members and their 1st generation Ventures, it takes alot of courage and mechanical experience to try and keep those old dinosaurs on the road. :bowdown:

Dave

They started de-tuning after the 1st Gen Mk1, as the Vmax was now, out on the market.

I do drag the commonly used tools with me. As you never know, who is going to have a problem, with a bike & I changed out 2 stators at the Cody meet, after figuring out a way to get the 2nd one there, on it's own power from 300 miles away.

Once the neglect from the previous owners is taken care of, it is normal maint as per any bike. I have no problems getting on the bike, for a long haul ride & most of mine are solo, heading to & from a meet.

:2cents: :canada:

Hey I have too many friends on here who ride 2nd gen's to make any negatives commenst about how slooooow or Heavvvvyy ythe are. or how detuned they were in the begining, ( Thank Goodness they brought some of the power back).

Nope you can't make me say anything like that. Nope! Never! Not gonna do it!:witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:

Knock off?!?! Virago 1100, thats a knock off.... :Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George:
Knock off of what? :buttkick:

I've never seen a stock Harley that looked like the Virago which was the first "factory" chopper style bike. That makes it original unlike the 1st gen that is knocked off the Gold Wing and the 2nd gen that is knocked off the Harley.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Imitation with improvements has got to be even better.

I still like my Virago 1100, it's the best weeny bike going. :cool10: