IGNORED

Not Ridin' Today!

V7Goose

Well, I usually smile smugly when some folks start talking about having to put their bike up for the season - here in Texas, even North Texas, our winters are generally mild enough to ride all year long. But today is going to be an exception . . .

[ATTACH]41317[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41318[/ATTACH]

Had a record snowfall yesterday - beat all records going back 111 years - between 9-14 inches in the DFW area. Officially they reported 12.5" at the airport, which is fairly close to my place. The good news is that we don't have much ice with it since the temps have stayed right around freezing. Lots of slush, and tonight looks like it is going to get down in the 20s, so tomorrow morning will be a bit dicey!

Goose

(Man, this global warming is TOUGH!)

Don't feel so bad. I'm confident that you'll be back riding in no time down there in Texas. Over here in the MD and PA area, we had some record snow fall this season and it broke every snow record amounts ever recorded. Baltimore alone had 79.9" of snow fall and winter in not over yet. I may not be back on 2 wheels in a couple of weeks, if we get lucky to thaw fast enough. However, make it an excuse to take out snow shovel and snow blower for a nice :pushups:. Regards.

We got a LIGHT dusting of snow here in the Lafayette/Opelousas area this morning.

Darn near busted a gut laffing when the weather forecaster was saying how folks should be putting on SNOW CHAINS......

Boomer.....who watched a whole bunch of Cajuns sliding all over de place heah this morning.

There is a meter . . .er metor . . I mean meteor . . . oh hell a weather guy

at OU that has noted that with the forecast snow in the FL panhandle there

will be snow on the ground in all 50 states at the same time. And yes that

includes HI at the top of the mountain on the big island. 1st known time in history.

He has asked for people to send him in pictures of the snow on the ground so

he can post them all on google earth.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11973034