BOO

I just realized that David Idle/ BigTruck here on the forum was killed in a motorcycle accident on Wednesday morning.

Not sure where he was headed but a 17 year kid on his way to school pulled out in front of him at a very bad intersection.

I wasn't sure it was him until this morning.

I will look up the link to the newspaper report later when I get time.

Please think of his family, he was only 50 years old.

Here is the link: http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2007/10/04/news/local/doc4704ad6a1604c796874025.txt

Jerry

I, and others, will be lifting up his family up in prayer during this time. It's such a tragedy to hear of any biker going down, but it hits close to home when it's one of our venturerider family.

I was just thinking the other day how close we all can be even when we haven't even met many of the people we communicate with here on this siteso often.

Don, once again, thank you for pulling this all together.

God bless you all.

Our thoughts, prayers, and best wishes go to David's family at this tragically difficult time.

After reading the article and the comments, including some from David's family members, we will also keep in mind the young driver involved, whose life will be forever changed by this incident, as well.

Terry

I'm so sorry to hear this Boo.

Sure hate to start my day hearing this type of news.

Makes me realize more and more of the dangers of riding a motorcycles.

Bad news of this nature tends to make us somewhat more on the "paranoid side" when riding and more visually and mentally cautious of our surroundings.

It reminds and makes us more aware of the constant dangers out there on the road.

I know that sounds like a good thing, but I surely dont want to hear of bad news just make me more cautious of whats going on around me.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

So please, VR family and friends, ride safe out there and be more aware of the obsticles your about to face everytime you pull out of your driveway on your bike.

I myself, enjoy reading posts on a daily basis from you.

I really dont want to read a post about you.

Boo,

If you could get some information on the arrangements for Big Truck, I will arrange for a floral arrangement to be sent if there is time.

I see you probably have the information by now. I also notice that they are going to set up a fund or something along those lines. I don't know how much information the Funeral Home has but if you want to wait till later I will try and find out whats going on.

Although he only lived a couple of blocks from me I didn't know him very well. I had talked to him a couple of times told him he could ride with me anytime I was riding but we never got the chance.

He did tell me he had been off work for some time. Seems he had fallen off a semi trailer while covering a load and had had a lot of back trouble since then.

He was also suppose to go to the Work Day at Freebirds with Stardbog but I believe he had to cancel at the last minute due to his back problems.

He had a very nice First Gen he was buying parts for to try and get it the best it could be but it was already a very nice looking Blond.

Jerry