IGNORED

Painful Christmas

Freebird

Yes, it may come to that. Right now I just have some prescription pain pills that I take when i have to. I try not to take them and usually wait too long before I do. I had blood tests last week and Uric acid was high but only slightly. I'm keeping a watch on it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey don,, I'm just wondering if someone w3as trying to tell you somthing???. like stay home today.do not walk or ride or even think of going out of the house,,because somthing bad is going to happen to you if you do.. well it's somthing to think about is'nt it :bang head:...lol...hope you over it soon .. and have a happy new year.. jack

I actually DO have a bottle of that as well as a bottle of Bailey's Caramel sitting beside the coffee pot. I'm almost scared to try it though. Heck....I'm falling down WITHOUT any alcohol. :)

It won't keep you from falling down...but at least you won't feel it as much. Sorry you are having so much trouble...hope things start going better for you. :missingtooth:

Well Don sorry to hear about your spell of bad:starz: luck or bad karma........looks as though that spell Dan cast on some poor unlucky soul to rid himself of all that bad Karma:depressed:/bad luck found a new home.....bang%20head.gif.........word of warning........stay away:no-no-no: from the pond..........PLEASE!!!! I would make sure and get the extra heavy duty bubble wrap if I were you............

Hey Don, Sorry about the bad luck. Ditto on the Allopurinol!!! Get it, take it every day until St. Pete calls you home.(That's what my Dr. told me) It's suppose to even help eliminate kidney stones!! Been taking it for several months now and haven't had a problem with gout since. BTW, just in case, you don't get the medication, don't cut the heel shifter off of the bike. You can get in some riding with the heel and toe shifter if the gout isn't too bad in the ankles. Get well my friend!!

Don, i've been down that steep staircase of yours and its no fun. I had a hard enough time with my arthritis going up and down there so I can definitely feel your pain. Glad you didnt hurt yourself worse. Maybe its time to add a banister to those steps in the garage too.

Heres hoping that 2010 will be much better for you........:smile5:

Hi Don,

I am so sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope you heal up quickly. You know that I am a nurse, so as much as I would like to come up there to help heal you, I am unable to get there this week. However, I have asked a nurse friend of mine, and she has agreed to come and heal your aches and pains.

Her name is nurse Helga. Please make her feel at home. I have enclosed a photo of her.

Yama Mama

Guest Ken8143

Don I am so sorry for your troubles. You got at least tripple splatted. Hope the hot tub and the adult beverages help you to feel the pain less acutely.

Nurse Helga - dang - she does not look the sympathetic type. I pity you if she shows up at your house. Tell her to take a walk around the pond first. or to mow the edge. or to look up the swamp monster. That may take the twinkle out of her eye.

The nurse will probably tell you that you should have read the rules first.

Rule #1, YOU EAT THE DANGED HAM FIRST, then there are no leftovers!!!!!!

Sorry boss, but rules are rules and you must learn them,,, sometimes the hard way.

Hope you feels better real soon. Had Marca with the gout for two days before Christmas. Things were going real well for her. looked like a Christmas with no cold or flu to deal with,, but gout came along for a ride, so we had to deal with that. It's good now, took a little medicine to fix it quick.

God Bless you my friend

Carl

In Nurse Helga's defense, she has been known for her excellent bedside care. She has been able to make patients feel better just by using her nursing skills of which she was trained for, well actually usually just by entering the room usually takes care of it.

Yama Mama:smile5:

In Nurse Helga's defense, she has been known for her excellent bedside care. She has been able to make patients feel better just by using her nursing skills of which she was trained for, well actually usually just by entering the room usually takes care of it.

Yama Mama:smile5:

Whatever the Nurse's name may be I know for a fact that a HOT Nurse works wonders for the healing process of a red-blooded American male.:scorched:

Boomer....who says always check out the Nurses before ya check in to a Horsepital cuz no good man deserves a Nurse Ratchette.:crying:

I don't know....I'm thinking that nurse Helga is going to help a LOT and will add even more to the story. :)

Yea....the story continues with Eileen beating the crap out of you, and then takes you to the hospital! :stirthepot::rotf::rotf:

Hope things start out the new year much better for you and the family! We continue to keep ya'll in our thoughts and prayers!:bighug: