IGNORED

Tinnitus

SilvrT

Tinnitus (or "ringing in the ears") is sound or noise that no one but the person with the condition can hear. The noise can be constant or come in short bursts, lasting for long periods of time or just briefly. The sound can be loud or soft, can change in pitch and can be heard in either one or both ears. Each person who has tinnitus can probably describe it in a different way.

Doctors estimate that over 50 million people in the United States suffer from some type of tinnitus and about one-quarter of them are uncomfortable enough to look for relief.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone here suffer from this? What have you done about it?

The military is paying for my hearaids for this Rick. Too many gun shots and riding around in tracked armoured vehicles in my day.

Mine sounds like.....do you remember the old tv test sound or the sound the tv used to make when the station went off air?

Tinnitus (or "ringing in the ears") is sound or noise that no one but the person with the condition can hear. The noise can be constant or come in short bursts, lasting for long periods of time or just briefly. The sound can be loud or soft, can change in pitch and can be heard in either one or both ears. Each person who has tinnitus can probably describe it in a different way.

Doctors estimate that over 50 million people in the United States suffer from some type of tinnitus and about one-quarter of them are uncomfortable enough to look for relief.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had it, and it stayed for a long time then I went away. Never had it looked at. I have had audio-grams and they indicated a high level of hearing loss.

So how come I can hear the ringing so clear. :confused07:

Maybe in my case it can be related to selective hearing? :missingtooth:

Good luck with yours, I know it can be annoying at the very least.

Stay out of traffic and away from train tracks! Only ride country roads...:snow2:

Renne

I've had the "ringing" in my ears for years, some days it's really loud and others I can hardly notice it. I do have major hearing loss and wear behind the ear aids but haven't tried to do anything about the ringing. It actually sounds like the blower on a D-6 cat - I'm way too old to worry about fixing something that is generally considered unfixable.

Like others have said on here...I too have it. Ironically, Me and the wife were going out to eat on Saturday night and I said to her: Lee Ann, I have NEVER TOLD ANYONE this, but I have had a constant ringing in my hears for over 20 years".

I have become used to it. It's louder it times than other times and even the tone will change from time to time. I too have some hearing loss...especially in my left ear. That ear has been damaged for a long time and I even had a hard time passing my physical to get into the the Navy when I was 18 years old (1973).

I gotta a pretty good "buzz" going right now...RING, RING, RIING.... :-)

I've been having problem for the past few months as well. I recently learned it can be caused by the medications I take for my frequent allergies, sinus infections, and bronchitis. As a side effect, it causes the mucus in our ears to thicken and not drain properly. Using an over the counter drug with guaifenesin in it such as Zyrtecshould help thin it out a bit.I'll be picking some on my way home tonight after class. This is only one possible cause by the way. About 5% of the people who have Tinnitus, have it due to this cause.

Mine comes and goes. I have started noticing that I usually hear the ringing at the same time my wife's lips are moving. :think: Could there be a correlation? Maybe this is part of that evolution crap I keep hearing about.

Dave

No wonder you don't bring your wife to meet and eats. I'm talking to Bobbie we need a trip to your house to meet the Mrs.

I know Tinitis is painful my daughters friend has it. Poor kid she rode with me to Boone earlier this year for my daughters wedding. I think she had a bit of a flare up she wasn't feeling so great when we got there.

Margaret

I think this topic has been discussed to death on here Rick. Just go back to your dealer and ask them to swap out your basket. I hear there are no guarantees, but some folks have had some good luck with it :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

but.... but.... that doesn't make sense .... the only time I don't have "ringing in the ear" is when I'm riding the scoot .... then it's called "WHINING" ... so, not the same thing!

:rasberry: :sign20:

I suffer from this. I usually keep some type of background noise going, like the TV or radio. It is the worst when I'm out hunting and the woods are very quiet. I hear a ringing in both ears and a crunching sound from the right ear.

I reckon that for me it is from years of shooting with out ear protection while hunting and target shooting when I was younger without ear protection. Now... I use muffs when I shot even my .22s.

In my late teens it used to start and progressively get louder until I thought my head was going to explode then suddenly it would stop. That lasted for a few years and went away, never did have it checked, now I have ringing now and then but not so severe.

Gary

Same here, had it since I used to build nightclubs and have to check speakers (while open) from 78-85. I'm not talking a small club by the way, we used to use the old "Earthquake" movie bass speaker cabinets with 2000 watt amps pushing each cabinet. Only cure is to have background noise on (a 1st gen works perfectly, no WHINE!), but not good at night 'cause the wif can't go to sleep with any noise!