IGNORED

What year is your bike and how many miles

starkruzen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello mines a 1984 yamaha venture royal. its running rough right now but the good guys and gals on here give great advice. it has 77,000 miles on it. paint is faded. but im getting this bike back to being a nice daily rider. i have to say for the time i did ride it up untill i blew out my left knee. this has been one of the most comfortable bikes i have ever rode. im 51 and this is my 24th bike.

I am curious, since I just got my RSTD, I was wondering how many miles can I expect to get out of the bike with good maintenance and regular oil changes.

Thanks

Mark

hey Mark... U forgot to mention the mileage on yours.....

Mine's an '06 ... appx 11,500 miles ... it had appx 805 miles when I got it a year ago.

The original owner of my Venture had 5 previous Ventures - according to his dealer he would ride 100,000 miles and trade it in on a new one. Unfortunately, just before his 80th birthday he passed on, which is how I got his newest one with 15K on it. Lots and lots of life in these bikes, for sure!

I have an 85 G1 VR that now has 59800 kms on the clock. (or roughly 40000 miles).

thats pretty good considering a year ago I thought I was going to have to part it out.

Brian

hey Brian... if you'd quit trailerin that thing, you might get a few more km's on her... :witch_brew:

(I couldn't resist)

1984 Standard with 107,000 kilometers. or 66,488 miles. bought it as a basket case 4 years ago with 77,000km. did plastic repair, paint, rear suspension, 2nd gear, exhaust collector, clutch, stator, water pump, brakes, progressive springs, replaced forks, tires , etc, etc. :doh:

Phew, I need a break anyone want to trade?:rotf:

Very interesting guys! I traded my 08 Harley Dyna for a 07 RSTD a month ago, and I love this machine...what a smooth riding bike. Funny, went with my ground on a 320 mile day trip Sunday and got 82 miles into it and one of our riders blew his stator on his 08 Harley Road King! The funny thing is, he had a RSTD for about 5 years and sold it for the Harley...now he regrets it. He only had this Harley for about 9 months and he already bleyw his front wheel berrings, and a stator. He told me he never had a problem with the RSTD...

He wants to get a Venture now or a Goldwing.

I don't miss my Harley one little bit.

Mark:draming: